WIN $1,000 in FREE Groceries!

Imagine having an extra $1,000 in your pocket to help with the increasing cost of feeding your family. Now that dream could become a delicious reality!

Go to our We Heart Hungry Girl group and tell us your favorite HG trick, tip, or recipe and you just may be the WINNER!

And, to help you spend that $1,000 wisely, Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien gives us her TOP ATE list of products she can't live without!

If you're anything like us and can't get enough of HG, subscribe to Hungry Girl's DAILY tips & tricks, delivered right to your e-mail!

next: Pregnant Woman Hit by Car While Fleeing from Bear
Suzie Heath April 21, 2009, 2:50 PM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE each and every email I get from Hungry-Girl.com. Her tips, tricks and recipes are ever inviting and oh so easy to make. I love any recipe with VitaTops. I did not know about them before Hungry-Girl. Now they are part of my weekly treat. Thanks to her, I can have chocolate!! YEAH!!

tiffany April 21, 2009, 4:14 PM

The very best recipe is Lord of the Onion Rings, made with Fiber One cereal as the breading absolutely de-LISH!

Carol April 21, 2009, 6:06 PM

hope you and I can win

Jane Thompson April 21, 2009, 9:36 PM

This could be very interesting I have to check this out.

Shellee April 21, 2009, 9:47 PM

The breakfast cookies are terrific and full of fiber, especially good when you have to eat in the car on the way to work!

Cynthia April 22, 2009, 9:33 AM

Let me give ya a recipe that will satisfy your ‘sweet tooth’:
No-Bake Cheesecake
2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 (16oz) bowl Cool Whip
2 graham cracker pie crusts.
Mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour into pie crusts. Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with chocolate, fresh fruit, your choice of toppings.

Trish April 22, 2009, 9:42 AM

I am a mom on the go with 2 kids in two sports each, we hit the door running after working all day. I love the Mini Meal Mania recpies like the Big Bad Burger Wrap and the Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps. These are something I can make and grab even after a long evening away from the house and it is much better for my kids than fast food. Thanks Hungry Girl!!!

melissa penrod April 22, 2009, 5:44 PM

I loooove chocolate anything!! So the brownies made with pumpkin are great for me. My kids even thought they were delicious!!

Judy Krausser April 22, 2009, 5:46 PM

I just love the butternut squash fries. I could eat the whole thing myself.

Barbara M April 22, 2009, 7:23 PM

Love the cookbooks. I have found more things to take for family dinners, church potlucks, and just celebrations (birthdays, super bowl, etc) than I ever dreamed. My favorite ~cookbooks without a doubt!

ma April 22, 2009, 8:31 PM

Sneaky Tip- Broccoli Slaw into the diner
salad and not one of the broccoli haters even noticed. They thought it was chopped cabbage.

sharon hopson April 22, 2009, 9:32 PM

I like to bake my french fries not fry them.

Sonni J April 22, 2009, 9:54 PM

My grandson loves the I can’t Believe it’s not Sweet Potatoe Pie so much..he named it Sonni Squash!! So here’s a great way to get three year olds to eat their veggies!!

Brenda S. April 23, 2009, 11:02 AM

I love the yummy recipes and simplicity of making them!

BingoGalOk April 23, 2009, 3:20 PM

I have a money and tree saving tip: Don’t buy paper napkins anymore….save the extra’s from your fast food. lol

Twila April 24, 2009, 7:47 AM

I like the enchilada and the No Harm Chicken parmesan. Umm Umm good!!!

carolyn murthum April 24, 2009, 9:59 AM

Macaroni cheese pizza- make mac and cheese like the boxes says put it in a pan for the pizza crust then top like you would any other pizza. then bake till cheese you top pizza with and eat

Kathy  April 24, 2009, 10:23 AM

I like the tricks and tips for sticking to your diet and exercise

Love the recipes

Jody N April 24, 2009, 2:00 PM

I am a big fan of HungryGirl, love her!! A family favorite is her Planet Hungrywood chicken. I love how easy her recipes are and all the great tips. She does all the hard work, and we just get to enjoy all the great low calorie foods.

Catherine a Kennedy April 24, 2009, 2:06 PM

The greatest hint is using Laughing Cow Cheese. It has a great taste and satisfies my cravings.