Women are Getting More Disgusting

Homeschool Mom: Aren't men supposed to be the disgusting ones? What's gotten into women?

abigail adams melissa huckaby

This last year has brought to the forefront a mounting and frightening glut of disgusting women. Whether teachers in the back of steamy cars having sex with thirteen-year-old boys, young mothers killing their children, and now with the Sandra Cantu case, women who rape and murder, women have reached lows that were usually only sunk to by men. There was a time when we could point our manicured fingers at men and say, "Well at least we aren't depraved like you." Can't say that anymore, girls. We have crashed through the glass basement of bad behavior and now we stand, if not equal in numbers with men who are destructive, lascivious, and totally lacking in self-control, then equal in depravity. Hurrah!!!

I for one have had it. I prefer the repressive restraints of the 1950s. Give me some pumps and an apron, baby, because at least the neighbor's children will be safe. Women used to be the gentler sex, the noble ones restraining the baser instincts of the more instinct-driven and uncivilized male. When you look at Abigail Adams, the brilliant and soft-spoken and wholesome wife of our second president, you see the epitome of womanly courage. She protected her children and continued to run their farm while her husband was off starting a country. He turned to her for encouragement and sage wisdom. She wasn't getting hot and heavy with John Quincy's friends or stalking the neighborhood girls.

The more I read about teen girls sending pictures of themselves over the Internet and cheerleaders having brawls, the more I encourage my girls to dress in Keds and capris and wear one-piece bathing suits. It's time to scrub our girl's faces and replace their cell phones with biographies about Eleanor Roosevelt or Abigail Adams. I pray my girls will be wholesome girls next door that will blush at bad language and frown at rude behavior, and I will attempt to regain some of that modesty and self-restraint myself. Just call me the Don Quixote of maidenly airs and virtues, and I will "Dream the Impossible Dream."

next: Just a Guy ... With a Teenager
Sherrie April 25, 2009, 8:41 AM

I agree. I too, want both of my children (boy and girl) to lead “wholesome ” lifes. Society in general seems to be sinking to a new low and lacking empathy.

John April 25, 2009, 12:47 PM

I agree as well. Although at the moment we do not have girls, we do have two boys. My wife and I will be teaching them the Eleanor Roosevelt and Abigail Adams types are the “desirable” ones in spite of what culture may tell them.

Nikki April 25, 2009, 2:21 PM

These are the smartest words I’ve read in years. I could not agree with you more.

Morgan April 25, 2009, 2:36 PM

THANK YOU!!! as a young college student, i have been craving words like these! Ladies, it’s time for us to stand up, and reclaim ourselves :)

Karen April 25, 2009, 4:59 PM

well, I’m not trying to stick up for the murdress.. but I am going to tell you that after being on antidepressants & getting off of them.. I felt strange on them..like they were controlling my mind, which they do that, BUT I felt like a zombie also, so I TOLD my doctor I wanted off of all my antidepressants.. & I have a mood disorder, & I refuse to go on those meds too. Just deal with my mood swings I do, I generally go into hiding. I stay in my apt until I’m not going to lash out at someone… I don’t feel that having doctors prescribe medications is always proper..
most just write the prescription & never recheck how your doing..
Huckaby LOOKS drugged up.. to me..

Bec Thomas April 25, 2009, 5:15 PM

You know women have always done this, just like men have. It is an illusion that they didn’t. I mean when the men were off having affairs who do you think they were having sex with? Do you not remember Bonnie and Clyde? Or Londons Cheapside?

History has a way to distorting perspective, for one you often had to be rich to get a good historical footprint left behind. Paintings were expensive and were meant to last forever so of course the people in them are perfectly polished. Now with everyone having a camera of some sort it’s just alot harder to hide those parts of our soceity. Statically women are still less likely to committe violent crimes compared to men, but women can and do committe depraved acts and always have.

Anonymous April 25, 2009, 6:36 PM

I thought digusting would be about women picking their nose and burping.

Not Shocked  April 26, 2009, 8:47 AM

Society has finally accepted women as independent beings, no longer dependent on husbands, male relatives, and male religious leaders, and therefore accountable for their actions. Hence the backlash against George and Cindy Anthony’s attempts to protect their daughter, also with Melissa Huckaby’s Pastor Grandfather swearing up and down Hucks was a loving person. As current as forty years ago these tactics would have worked to get the women off. But historically women have committed all the atrocities men have only in fewer numbers (or so we think), and closer to home such as targeting family members which I think is more evil.

Sorta agree April 26, 2009, 8:55 AM

I think the idea of slapping the word “Juicy” across my 12 year olds behind is ridiculous. The idea of repressing her rights as a woman is equally ridiculous.
Is it not possible to be respectful of our bodies in a modest way, yet still remain forthright and straightforward to speak our mind.
It is possible for women to be personally responsible and have moral courage…and a sense of wicked humor.
It’s called well-rounded. Look it up.

Kelly  April 26, 2009, 11:33 AM

you are Awesome!

Deborah April 26, 2009, 1:42 PM

I couldn’t agree more. That’s why we are a tv-free family that places value on nature and relationships! I’m reading a great book called “Keeper of the Children” by Laura Ramirez. She writes about children being allowed to question adults - b/c it has been proven true so many times that they don’t all have their best interests at heart.

rose April 26, 2009, 2:14 PM

that low life that killed sandra cantu should be killed right away instead of useing the tax payers money.she is a low like I am a person that lives in tracy.that low life showed no remors.they should make her suffer like she made sandra suffer.

DOWNPILLOW April 26, 2009, 3:52 PM

YOU ARE RIGHT BUT DID YOU NOT THINK EVERY ONE HAS ISSUES AND DISGUSTING I THOUGHT WAS BURBING AND FARTING

MiaHysteria April 26, 2009, 6:12 PM

Like others, I couldn’t agree more. I wonder where we have come as a society and where exactly we think we’re headed.

Louise April 26, 2009, 7:27 PM

Women have always had the capacity to be as depraved as men, this is honestly nothing new - just as men have the capacity to be as inspiring as women. I find the inference that women are somehow declining in morality and that men are naturally lower on the moral spectrum to be actually quite sexist and close minded.

youngmom April 27, 2009, 5:03 AM

sooo true. attempting to raise my baby with morals, ethics, and dignity

dee April 27, 2009, 11:08 AM

good comments. we do need to stop allowing our girls to pick heros who promote sex and bad behavior. adams is great hero. she was courageous and strong and i will have my daughter read about her.

PD April 27, 2009, 1:36 PM

Women have always been as they are today it is only societies ability to look at them in the way they actually are that has changed.

ardra April 27, 2009, 2:53 PM

I blame NOW and women’s organizations that espouse abortion rights as a central tenet of their platform. “It is a hard heart that kills.” Women have changed because radical women have lionized them for embracing and imitating male behaviors. Not saying we shouldn’t ever wear blue jeans but there is a big difference in equality of opportunity and equality of behavior.

Jen April 27, 2009, 8:39 PM

This is nothing new. It was just better hidden and women have probably gotten away with a lot of crimes just because they were women. To me, this article’s subheading almost makes it sound as if it is acceptable for men to be “disgusting”. This behavior is “disgusting” regardless of gender.