Women are Getting More Disgusting

Homeschool Mom: Aren't men supposed to be the disgusting ones? What's gotten into women?

abigail adams melissa huckaby

This last year has brought to the forefront a mounting and frightening glut of disgusting women. Whether teachers in the back of steamy cars having sex with thirteen-year-old boys, young mothers killing their children, and now with the Sandra Cantu case, women who rape and murder, women have reached lows that were usually only sunk to by men. There was a time when we could point our manicured fingers at men and say, "Well at least we aren't depraved like you." Can't say that anymore, girls. We have crashed through the glass basement of bad behavior and now we stand, if not equal in numbers with men who are destructive, lascivious, and totally lacking in self-control, then equal in depravity. Hurrah!!!

I for one have had it. I prefer the repressive restraints of the 1950s. Give me some pumps and an apron, baby, because at least the neighbor's children will be safe. Women used to be the gentler sex, the noble ones restraining the baser instincts of the more instinct-driven and uncivilized male. When you look at Abigail Adams, the brilliant and soft-spoken and wholesome wife of our second president, you see the epitome of womanly courage. She protected her children and continued to run their farm while her husband was off starting a country. He turned to her for encouragement and sage wisdom. She wasn't getting hot and heavy with John Quincy's friends or stalking the neighborhood girls.

The more I read about teen girls sending pictures of themselves over the Internet and cheerleaders having brawls, the more I encourage my girls to dress in Keds and capris and wear one-piece bathing suits. It's time to scrub our girl's faces and replace their cell phones with biographies about Eleanor Roosevelt or Abigail Adams. I pray my girls will be wholesome girls next door that will blush at bad language and frown at rude behavior, and I will attempt to regain some of that modesty and self-restraint myself. Just call me the Don Quixote of maidenly airs and virtues, and I will "Dream the Impossible Dream."

next: Just a Guy ... With a Teenager
Tracy April 27, 2009, 11:21 PM

Amen! What happened to the idea that women can be strong and feminine at the same time? It’s time for a new feminist movement.

RMX April 28, 2009, 12:47 AM

One of my mom’s proudest gifts in dying,was knowing that her first born son was a respectable human being who had a special fondness for young children (TOTS RULE!) and that toddlers were/are fond of me.But my dad still follows “boys are bad,girls are good rule” which makes it hard for me to get any respect from him.At 27 and male, battling depression and gender role expectations from my past,I could NEVER bring harm to a child,namely TOTs.I have yet,at 27,to even have sex because many teen girls and young women in my area lack any self respect and enjoy crossing the border into Mexico for one nighters.
My greatest thanks to God,master of TIME and space.Thanks Mom.Thanks Katelyn,Karla and Janet;I love you,even after ten years and 2,100 miles apart.

mary-jane April 28, 2009, 4:13 AM

I like this part: “blush at bad language and frown at rude behavior, and attempt to regain some of that modesty and self-restraint myself. ” I think sometimes being cool can’t avoid being rude, which is not a good thing. Learn to be more polite and gentle, is so great instead. try to change to more moderate life style.

Kaitlin May 6, 2009, 4:07 PM

“men who are destructive, lascivious, and totally lacking in self-control”
When you denegrate men, you also denigrate women.Men have power.So do women.I am proud to be a woman.I like men.I also understand my power as a woman.I am a better nurturer than a man.
But I also have a fierce will.My job is to protect the children.His is to protect the family and community.Some dont get proper nurturing. As women let’s stop complaining and nurture more.Chilren ,not just our own ,and men!

Colleen May 7, 2009, 1:50 AM

jeez, this woman is dillusional….and BITTER!!! I was drawn to her commentary by the headers/titles and as I read through them 1 by 1 I got more disgusted…..

Instead of having insight she sounds ignorant & disconnected from reality…..

She shouldnt have her own site for thousands to have to be subjected to such dopey remarks & extremely poor suggestions!!!

Jim May 20, 2009, 1:15 PM

I agree with Bec Thomas up there. We live in a society where connectedness and access to information is unparalleled to any other point in history. This is why people think things like tsunamis and child abductions are rampant, when instead you just head and read about them more.

Lizzie Borden and Kate “Ma” Barker are two stellar examples of “disgusting” women that lived well before the 50’s. Pam Heilman is just generalizing based on a few hyped up media stories. If she had any grasp on reality, she’d realize that most women (and most people, for that matter) are decent and down to Earth. I fully expect her next article to be about the sky falling after an acorn hits her head.

Can we get some real writers on this website?

Jen July 11, 2009, 10:26 AM

While I’m not entirely missing your point, or disagreeing with you, I do think that your argument is inherently flawed, especially when trying to use historical personages as justification. In your attempt to contrast the social morays and genteel attributes of a bygone era with a the very obviously lacking ones of today, you forgetting that there have always been women of dubious virtue or less than stellar moral fiber. I’ll concede you the point that Abigail Adams wasn’t necessarily one of them, however, mearily deriving that information form a biography, or even a primary source from the era won’t do you much good. Social morays dictated more than personal morality. In the interest of good taste, any potential black marks, while not unnoticed, wouldn’t have been bantered about in print the way they are today.
You write about girls sending images of themselves, have you forgotten about images of woman on Roman walls, or the pervasive french post cards of the mid 19th century? Please put history into is correct perspective and don’t let your wistful dreams of a simpler time clutter your understanding.

tom January 7, 2010, 6:51 AM

I’ll tell you the womans revolution has went to far. As a result divorce is rampet, girls try to get pregnet and society says ok, we’ll pay you more money. Get rid of the sugar and spice idea. I’ve found women want equil rights only when it benifits them the most, if not then we exclaim thats a mans job. A woman shouldn’t have to do it. The courts need to make up their minds cause, hey,I’ll take the best of both worlds to. MEN ARE GETTING SICK OF IT

shaking head March 12, 2010, 1:44 AM

I’m intrigued by your sense that women used to be the only thing keeping children safe from men. Horrific acts perpetrated by either sex are nothing new. Perpetrators of these types of things often have a sense that they are above reproach, and are on a position to punish or teach others the error of their ways. Hmmm…

-scary March 12, 2010, 2:22 AM

Um… get help. Women, as wonderful and different from men as they are, are capable of acts of beauty and evil, and to the same magnitude. To say otherwise is to say women do not have free will. I think you will find most women insulted by that. If you are not capable of evil, your acts of kindness or selflessness are nothing more than good training, like a good hunting dog.

Our girls’ asserting their individuality by putting annoying text across their rears does not lead to anything but the eventual realization that it IS annoying and silly.

Please don’t teach them that they are a disappointment, or that they are superior to anyone. Teach them respect for others and themselves, the rest will follow.

how sad for you March 25, 2010, 12:57 PM

Some thoughts on your editorial:

Abagail Adams stayed on the homestead and looked after the farm because MEN WOULDN’T ALLOW HER TO BE ACTIVE IN PUBLIC LIFE.
Women aren’t moral by nature. Stop repressing your girls. Let them be who they are and stop forcing them into the shadows.
Do you have a different set of standards for raising boys? Is it okay for them to behave a certain way when girls cannot?
Do you have data to back up your statements that women are getting more disgusting?

Dave. June 14, 2010, 9:38 PM

Is not funny to talk about men like the disgusting ones even to make a point. Aberrant behavior is found in anyone who has grown up in a dysfunctional environment- whether is a man or a woman. Prejudice is not to joke with.

Ratt September 14, 2010, 5:07 PM

Listen, everyone knows that women are the masters of deceipt and depravity, and women are the most aware of this fact. Perhaps men are the stupid ones, as they still believe that girls are the sweet and decent. Women have always been what they are, but perhaps hiding under a disguise in America for the last few decades.

Zach Elwood October 10, 2010, 12:31 PM

This is not an intelligent post. There have always been violent women. We just get to find out more about them because of the news cycle now. But they’re less common than men and always have been.

Also, as someone else pointed out, we probably know the smallest fraction of women killers from the past, because they were likely to get away with their crimes because they were women.

Mental illness is not a new phenomenon, but I will agree that changing culture will produce changing manifestations of that illness.

Keep staying righteous, though; I’m sure it helps you get through the day.

Xavier December 18, 2010, 11:07 PM

Chivalry is dead- thanks to the hordes of loud, vulgar, coarse, egotistical, hysterical, psychotic fembots creating chaos everywhere they go. I would welcome the 1950s too- or Shariah.

Rob March 1, 2011, 4:47 PM

Wow! I justlove how you thinly veiled your all out male bashing session as an attack on the lack of morals women have exhibited for the past fifty years. Guess what? The women of character you so wish to emulate would never go about accusing half the population of being murderers and pedophiles. You fail.

Rob March 1, 2011, 4:54 PM

Hannah (14 yrs old) March 18, 2011, 7:28 AM

My family is huge, (mother had triplets 3 years ago) and me, being the oldest, was stuck with maturing way before my time.now I look at all of the kids my age and I am disgusted. I was stuck with being the second Mom, which wasn’t easy, but I think that it opened my eyes a lot and I defiantly agree with all of what you said. Kids now a days are uncivilized, being raised in a community that doesn’t teach then to be conservative and to be the mature creatures that used to be expected. I think that regardless of what gender they are, they need to get their act together and be the civilized human beings that they should be.

Anonymous March 18, 2011, 7:29 AM