Who's the REAL Kid Daddy? He Is!

DNA tests have confirmed Tyler is the father of Chantelle Steadman's baby.

Tyler Barker

We brought you the story of the 13-year-old "father" Alfie Patten, who believed he was the dad of the newborn daughter of his 15-year-old girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman.

When it turned out he wasn't the father, Alfie was devastated.

Now the REAL dad has been revealed ... he's 15-year-old Tyler, a classmate of Chantelle's.

Tyler claims he had regularly stayed at Chantelle's home, sleeping in her bedroom with the knowledge of Chantelle's mom.

Tyler told The Sun he slept with her thinking she would take the morning-after pill. He said: "I thought she'd take care of it."

Speaking before the DNA test, he told The Sun: "I slept with Chantelle about nine months ago and I'm really worried I could be the father. I hope it's not me. All my mates have been teasing me about it -- but this isn't funny, it's serious. Having sex with her was the worst mistake I've ever made in my life. I wish I'd never met her. To be honest I didn't really fancy her. Now I'm terrified I could be the daddy."

Well, turns out HE IS. DNA tests have confirmed it.

Our hearts go out to Chantelle and her family in this time. What a sad situation.

What do you think about this turn of events? Comment below.

next: Seven "Jon and Kate Plus 8" Spin-Off Shows
kitty May 19, 2009, 5:56 PM

makes me glad i was fat as a child so that no guys wanted to sleep with me.
i probably would have gotten knocked up being so young and naive if i was pretty at the time.

Jim May 19, 2009, 8:39 PM

I’m not against sex education and abstinence education in school, but we’ve had programs like that forever now, and nonsense like this keeps happening. When are people going to wake up and realize parents need to accept and take on a larger role in making sure their kids act responsibly, or even better, not act at all. I didn’t have sex til after high school, and while I hated it then, it’s been better for me in the long run. I firmly believe that if your teenager doesn’t hate you, you’re not doing your job as a parent. Sounds like the mom, who knew the boy was sleeping over, didn’t was to be a disciplinarian, and now she’s stuck watching this baby while her daughter finishes school.

Bec Thomas May 19, 2009, 9:40 PM

How can anyone be surprised by this circus when the mom let boys stay over at their house…

Jared May 19, 2009, 10:06 PM

Kids are going to have sex no matter how much abstinence we preach - We might as well encourage birth control as much as possible.

Sharee (Lady G) May 19, 2009, 10:26 PM

LAWDHAMERCYGEEZUS!!! Why are these children getting down like this. Did this lil boy just say he thought she was gonna take the morning after pill? OMG! It’sbad enuf old boys say that, let alone lil ones. *Sigh* Listen up children, If u dont want to have kids, stop having sex. That logic worked for me when my mom said it….

G.

KK May 19, 2009, 10:31 PM

Seriously? Who sends their 13 year old son to stay the night at some girls house to have sex? Why are these kids having sex so young?

Sound like very irresponsible parenting to me. I have a teen son, I know he isn’t having sex. I don’t allow him opportunities to be in situations he is not ready to handle. No one on one dating yet and no being alone in homes, buildings or rooms alone with a girl.

KK

sara May 20, 2009, 4:25 AM

funny story and poor child

Rachel May 20, 2009, 10:34 AM

That is definitely a reflection on the parents…bad parenting!

Rachelle May 20, 2009, 12:07 PM

What the he’ll was the mother doing, letting a boy sleep over? Not to mention in the SAME ROOM as the 15 year old gir!! I blame the parents. Where were they? Obviously not caring for her safety if she was having sex with at least two partners at such a tender age.

Cassandra May 20, 2009, 6:33 PM

There is no way these parents can be this stupid or naive!!! If you let a 15 year old boy and girl stay the night together they are going to sleep together, I don’t care how smart you think your kids are! And the fact that this boy said he thought she would “take care of it” by taking the morning after pill makes me wonder what kind of parental influences he has in his life. What a horrible story! And that poor baby….

rhonda June 9, 2009, 2:39 PM

I knew a girl that had her first child at 13, she got pregnant when she was 12. But, I guess since it was in the inner city and she was black, it isn’t news worthy. Second, girls reading this listen up. A child doesn’t have to ruin your life. I gave birth to my daughter 2 weeks before i started my sophomore year of college. I graduated in 4 years with a triple BA, I paid off my first car loan on time, and bought and rehabbed a house, all by myself. My daughter was the best thing to ever happen to me, not the worst. I don’t regret it in the least looking back.

amiii December 28, 2010, 9:28 AM

well, i think that the things that chantelle made was terrible now alfie is very sad and the real father of the baby is crying like a baby!!!!