Miss CA's Mom: She's Being "Persecuted"

Francine Coppola, the mother of embattled Miss California Carrie Prejean, speaks exclusively to momlogic about what she says is the persecution of her daughter for "speaking her opinion."

miss california carrie prejean and perez hilton

"My daughter is a bright, beautiful, strong woman," she tells momlogic. "She entered a pageant to WIN. She was ready physically, mentally, and spiritually to answer any FAIR question that was given to her on that stage that evening. She was asked a question and she answered it HONESTLY and from her heart. She was raised in a CHRISTIAN home. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Now she's being persecuted for speaking her opinion. This is a country that allows freedom of speech. She has every right to exercise it ... and she did."

She continues, "As a mother ... I'm proud of her, that I raised a daughter that has morals, values, and integrity to speak the TRUTH. She had the courage that evening to face an evil man in front of millions of viewers ... and not be afraid to speak what was in her heart! I know God is going to protect her from this evil man and all the others that are trying to attack her for voicing her opinion."

In response, Perez Hilton tells momlogic, "Obviously Francine Prejean has been talking with the devil more than she has with God. I don't think I'm evil. She does. We can respectfully disagree. However, God does not think I'm evil. God loves me. And I love God. I spoke to God before the Miss USA pageant and she told me to ask that question. She also told me that Carrie Prejean did not deserve to win. Really! That's what God said to me. Ask her!!"

He adds, "But, all kidding aside: the question I asked was fair and relevant. Carrie Prejean did not answer it as well as she could have. To this day, neither Carrie nor her mother acknowledge the fact that I was not upset with her answer to my question but HOW she answered it. Oh, and I spoke to God again today. She says that Carrie's title as Miss California should be taken away!"

What do you think? Is Miss California being persecuted because of her beliefs? Or should she lose her crown because of the semi-nude pictures? Sound off in our community!

next: Miss California Keeps Her Crown
Grannie May 12, 2009, 8:13 PM

Unbelievable. The girl did nothing wrong. I’M WITH THE MOM. The judge is OUT OF ORDER. He is not a happy person with himself. He should not be allowed to be a judge again. The langange he used to bash her was an attack.

Bryan May 12, 2009, 8:13 PM

Let’s just use common sense, hmmm God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve,Well that’s the end of that. Now if someone is over God they can change the rule, but as far as God is concerned he has the last word.

Shelby May 12, 2009, 8:13 PM

Many people think that parading your body around publicly in a tiny bikini is something that is irreconcilable with the so-called “conservative Christian values”.

Bob Who May 12, 2009, 8:14 PM

I think the pagent was totally out of place for asking a political question. Either way she answered she would have been in trouble. I admire her for her answer and she did not condem the other view, she only gave her opinion. What happened to free speach?

Brad May 12, 2009, 8:15 PM

I just love that the big defense of her is “Gee, she was just expressing her opinion”. Well the Ku Klux Klan just expresses their opinion, the Taliban who believe women should basically be held in servitude and girls as young as seven sold off into marriage are just expressing their opinion. Heck, in the year 2000 Alabama had a referendum to remove an anti-interracial marriage law that was still on their books, even though the law was unenforceable due to Federal law, 40% of the voters in Alabama still voted to keep that law on the books. They were just expressing their opinion. I have news for people, bigots have opinions too, this woman who pretends to be religious but parades around posing nude for any photographer who will take a photo is a hypocritical, bigot. Her opinion means nothing more than your average Klan member.

Jerry May 12, 2009, 8:16 PM

You can realy tell who is gay & biased
by their remarks on this board
Jerry

Anonymous May 12, 2009, 8:17 PM

Perez Hilton is a dirt bag…puke and throw up…
Gives me the creeps to just look at his pic. Yuck.

Ray  May 12, 2009, 8:18 PM

perez hilton is a piece of garbage not worthy of having a job, let alone passing judgment on someone else. He is probably a rope sucker anyway, and if he had any balls at all, he would try mouthing off to someone that could defend themselves. Come on coward, open your mouth and watch it get shut for you. I hope that he gets FIRED.

ssscott May 12, 2009, 8:19 PM

It’s been clear for many years. Conservatives are all talk. They rarely walk the walk and honestly they would prefer to keep America in the dark ages.

Olivia May 12, 2009, 8:19 PM

Hilton asked Miss Prejean a question which she answered honestly. I don’t care about her thoughts on the issue one way or another, but I do believe publicly attacking someone who answered your question just because you dislike their answer is downright awful. Come on Perez, she was nice enough to answer your question, have the decency to hear her answer and not butcher her for it.

rmirod May 12, 2009, 8:20 PM

The gay person who asked the question Miss California has absolutely no respect for himself. But why would he since he is completely controlled by the “she” he refers to as his god. We will see how he does when he meets up with the “INRA” who will not be so amused.

Anonymous May 12, 2009, 8:21 PM

She should have just said, I feel the same way the President and Vice-President feel about the issue. I also support the majority of those who voted in a fair and free election in California.

Tony Padilla May 12, 2009, 8:22 PM

Leave her alone, she is miss Cali.

iddottaw May 12, 2009, 8:23 PM

DAMN HOMOS ARE CANCER TO SOCIETY.

Barbara May 12, 2009, 8:23 PM

Yes, she is entitled to her opinion. I am entitled to mine. What kind of mother let’s a 17 year old take pictures like that? Don’t see how she was so moral when she did that.

william barret May 12, 2009, 8:28 PM

I wish we could get the word gay back to it’s intended meaning. They are homosexuals for goodness sakes.

Anonymous May 12, 2009, 8:29 PM

This woman’s mother has OBVIOUSLY been around pageants a LONG time…does she HONESTLY BELIEVE that the answering phase of ANY Pageant is the PLACE to express personal Political beliefs??? That is simply naive…the contestant was NOT diplomatic in expressing her beliefs, she was RADICAL. And if a MUSLIM or Jewish contestant had done the same wthout repremand, this woman would be SCREAMING!!

Dixie May 12, 2009, 8:31 PM

I think that Miss Prejean should have liost her crown and it has nothing to do with her stance on gay marriage. She have lost the crown because of the nude pics, breach of contrct, lying. She is not being persecuted. She posed for those pics of her own free will, yet refuses to show any remorse or accept any responsibility, but blames the photographer for releasing them.

Giveitarest May 12, 2009, 8:31 PM

When objection to something is because of moral or religious convictions then who is anyone to contradict or vilify that person. If she was photographed nude this is between her conscious and her God. The question asked had no place at the pageant it was asked to have a reason to disqualify her. I agree with her Mom, Paris is a flaming, frustrated, ugly & mean person.

tj May 12, 2009, 8:32 PM

Thank God the queers cant have babies. As far as the “semi-nude” pics, you can see any pic like this in any of the womens mag’s that are on the shelf. And for P.H., if you don’t like being criticized for sticking your weiner in some guys butt, don’t ask the question if you can’t handle the heat from an honest answer. Just calling them like I see it.