Mmm! Mmm! Ick! A Whole Chicken in a Can!

"Chicken in the Can" products have been around a long time -- how have we been lucky enough not to know about them?

We thought Liquid Cereal was unappetizing, and then we found out about chicken in a can.
Yes, an entire chicken ... shoved into a 50-ounce can from Sweet Sue. Should food look like a scene from "Alien"?

chickenincan-lrg.jpg
Sweet Sue isn't the only brand that produces a chicken in a can -- a momlogic staffer has evidence of another chicken-in-a-can product ... and a baby in a bear suit.

baby-chicken-can.jpg

Related Stories:

next: Hot Daddy Usher
Kristen May 4, 2009, 7:47 AM

This is DISGUSTING! The way americans eat these days is very disturbing, how on earth is there a market for this stuff. YUCK

Mom2two May 4, 2009, 8:52 AM

OMG! That is so DISGUSTING! What is that yellow goo? I can’t believe someone put a WHOLE chicken in a CAN! And that people would actually buy it. So gross!

Vita May 4, 2009, 8:52 AM

I did not even eat breakfast yet..and I am going to lose it!!!—That is completely gross.

Anonymous May 4, 2009, 10:13 AM

My mom’s Bf mom gave me the food from the food bank (I guess they gave her extra stuff that she didnt needed)and one of the cans that she gave me was Canned Beef..Ewwww..I didnt even open it…Gross..It was in a big can too.not as big as the chicken one though

Anonymous May 4, 2009, 10:56 AM

If you’re getting food from the food bank, I wouldn’t gripe about it. They’re doing you a favorby feeding you.

Adriana May 4, 2009, 1:30 PM

The food at food banks doesn’t have to be bad. If people with means contributed more to their local food banks they could afford to procure higher-quality food for seniors and other people suffering from these hard economic times.

JoAnn May 4, 2009, 1:35 PM

I dunno…I’ve used the chicken in a can several times when I’m in a rush, and it isn’t bad at all. Makes great chicken and dumplings, and great in one dish meals. I’ll buy it again. No difference than buying tuna in a can!

Anonymous May 4, 2009, 1:56 PM

My.Moms.Boyfriend’s.Mom.Gave.It.To.Me..Omg ppl..I did use the other stuff..Ya’ll need to lighten up a bit

Jen Hitchcock May 4, 2009, 2:43 PM

I hear that chicken in a can goo is good for getting rid of cellulite… and long term house guests. That’s a plus in my book.

Ann May 4, 2009, 3:06 PM

OMG, this is hysterical! I can’t stop laughing. You made my Monday.

ame i. May 4, 2009, 11:51 PM

As a young kid, I liked potted meat sandwiches. It was in a small can & had a smooth creamy consistancy, which should have been a hint right there. When I was older I read “beef tripe” on the ingredient list, ran to the dictionary, and wanted to vomit.
Spam: how the heck do they even make that? Don’t get me started on pickled pig’s feet and canned pork brains. :)

Anonymous May 4, 2009, 11:59 PM

Didn’t ya all eat vienna sausages in the jar when you were growing up? I did at least in the 70’s and I loved them! Yummy goodness.
Amy

Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this issue,so thanks for writing. I will definitely be coming back to your site. Keep up great writing

deaddrift May 5, 2009, 9:45 PM

Wow lookit that weird spam post above mine.

Also… that is definitely NOT a ‘bear suit’.

kasper August 11, 2009, 6:03 PM

And we wonder why girls in America have 34dd at the age of 11.

Anonymous August 11, 2009, 7:10 PM

How the hell do you cook that?

Vanessa June 2, 2010, 6:03 AM

OMG. No word could do justice to how revolting that ‘chicken’ looks :|

And by the way…that thing is fully cooked?! Gosh!!