Kate Gosselin OK with Jon's Alleged Cheating?

Did Kate find Jon a "mother's helper?"

Diane Mizota: As the plot thickens in the "Jon and Kate Plus 8" cheating scandal, let's just put judgment aside momentarily and wonder: Is it possible that Kate knows about Jon's extramarital activities and has outsourced sex with her husband to other, ahem, vendors? Is it just the conspiracy theorist in me that wants to believe it isn't just the garden variety affair that it seems?

jon and kate gosselin

Whether self-imposed or not, we all have felt the pressure to excel as parent, professional, domestic goddess, and lover, but realistically something's gonna give. Those are a lot of hats to wear. Throw in celebrity, author, public speaker, Mom icon, and Kate may have one hat too many. I know what an anti-aphrodisiac my own child is; I can only imagine what 8 kids do to a woman's libido.

Perhaps somewhere underneath that god-awful haircut, she realized that she can't possibly do it all and farmed out her husband's sexual needs. Kinda gives new meaning to the title, "mother's helper." I'm not endorsing this lifestyle choice, I'm just saying, it would explain a lot about their interaction.

Let's face it -- divorce would be a very public and very ugly option. As stars of the highest-rated show on TLC, they have everything to lose. Damage control! I can hear the TLC executives now: "We can revamp it as a family show and dating show all in one! Jon and Kate Plus 8, minus 1, divided by 2, plus one 23-year-old, 50% of the time. Voila! A whole new demographic!" Only time will tell.

next: 12 Things I'll Do for My Wife for Mother's Day
avid watcher May 8, 2009, 3:12 PM

Once a cheater always a cheater, he is no better than any other cheater. Really you people who think its her fault remember that when it happens to you.

Emily May 8, 2009, 3:17 PM

You know what, if camera followed all of the Kate haters around all day, I bet we would see some pretty ugly things. All of the venom surely spills out all around them…jealousy is all it is!

Ken May 8, 2009, 3:37 PM

I like their show. But it’s kinda unsettling and unnatural — the kids never seem to have friends or acquaintances over, just each other 24-7 — and the only time relatives or adult friends visit is when they have to fix or clean something. It’s like a giant glass terrarium with us looking on zoo-like. Seems inevitable Jon or someone would crack up — I think he was retreating into a sancutary. Maybe in the back of his mind he’s hoping this will end the show?

P.S. Belated congrats on your baby Diane! Miss you at G4, Filter was the BEST!

Alison Caddell May 8, 2009, 4:26 PM

It’s not the conspiracy theorist in you making you assume such a thing…it’s the sicko/psycho.

Melissa May 8, 2009, 5:25 PM

I am just as shocked as the next person to hear such gossip. I can’t imagine Jon cheating on Kate. But after all, this is the real world, and even tho their life is a t.v. show, it’s still real. We don’t know what goes on behind camera. And frankly. I don’t care, and neither should any of you ppl. What they do in their private time or lives is non of our business. And for you Diana Mizota, to say Kate has a “god awful hair do.” I see nothig wrong with her hair. I think it fits her perfectly. I like it. Besides. Who made you the goddess of hairdo’s?I don’t like Kate alway’s correcting Jon and acting like she’s smarter. It must not bother him. He’s been with her for this long.

Anonymous May 8, 2009, 6:32 PM

Im sorry but Kate’s hairdo is just awful. It seems each season the front bangs get longer and the back gets shorter.

Yes it was unique and stylish but thats the kind of hairdo you wear for a summer, not 3 yrs.

Time for a new hairdo kate.

Dels May 8, 2009, 7:02 PM

So many ppl calling for the end to her book signing and end to their show yet I am willing to bet most of the same ppl actually watch the show, exploitation, pimping, phoniness and all.. mmhmm

madsky May 8, 2009, 7:59 PM

i can’tget ready for kate either. she acts if jon is one of her kides and you can tell that jon is so over her. in the interviews jon acts as if he doesn’t want to be with. she wind to tight and needs to take a chill pill. now i don’t know how much money they get but the relationship is headed for a divorce court. they need to get it together.

Cynthia May 8, 2009, 8:03 PM

If Jon is cheating, it is just another hardship to heap upon those innocent kids. I think Jon and Kate started out with the best of intentions, but they clearly were not mature enough to handle the newfound wealth and attention that was suddenly strewn upon them and their family. A turnip could show more emotion than Kate when asked about her husband’s alleged infidelity, which is odd because, let’s face it, Kate could care less how awful she comes across! It seems that she is bound and determined to keep the gravy train going at all costs, promoting books about her kids while those kids are back at home with an obviously troubled father. Forget a book tour-family comes first and I would think that they would put everything else aside for at least a few days to shield and reassure their kids together. The kids supposedly vote to keep going, but do they really? It is obvious that the older girls despise filming most of the time and the younger ones don’t know any different, even having their fecal impactions broadcast for the world to see. If I saw my child portrayed on the internet (and on film)the way little Maddy is, I would be horrified! No amount of money could convince me that the awful things written about her is worth continuing to do a T.V. show. Yes, infidelity is wrong, but Jon and Kate are adults who chose to thrust their family into the public eye, so they should not be all that surprised when their actions are called into question. Their children did not ask for any of this and both parents need to curtail their own greed and need for admiration and take responsibility for the well-being of the eight little ones that got them where they are today, with their fancy cars, first-class trips and million dollar homes! There is nothing wrong with material things, but in the end, what does that matter if there aren’t any family members or friends to share their life with?

Maggie May 8, 2009, 10:05 PM

Enough already-Jon deserves a life without an egotitical harpie berating him at every opportunity. It is no surprise that their daughter Madeline is already showing tendencies to treat others the same way-you learn what you live. Kate should be ashamed of the example she sets for her children. I realizes that life would be difficult with eight children, but she is not the only person in history to have dealt with that number off offspring, and, they are making her a very profitable living. As a bereaved parent, i would encourage her to count her blessings and not her bank deposits.

Tom May 8, 2009, 10:20 PM

Please cancel this show so these people will go away.

Melissa R. May 8, 2009, 11:08 PM

I think this article is a bunch of crap just to continue the gossip. OK, so if he’s having an affair….is it OUR business? I mean, seriously, who are WE to act all high and mighty like it NEVER happens in our boring, non-celebrity lives.

I do not fault them for making a TV show to fund their 8 children’s lives? What other options could net them that income and allow them to spend more than 2 hours a day free time?

gail May 8, 2009, 11:42 PM

LOL, i personally dont care if he did or not….as long as the kids are taken care of…thats the main issue not who he has or has not slept with…man people are so vile…our world is falling apart financially and all people can seem to give a crap about is whos sleeping with who…how dumb!

james May 9, 2009, 1:14 AM

Suzi, You are a Loser!

Rudy May 9, 2009, 5:07 AM

Can you blame him, she is likely so exhausted from chasing around, and organizing eight kids, she has little energy left over for him. what’s a guy to do? a guy has needs. I think if it’s true she’s not naive. She knows it’s just sex and not anything special when he’s not with her.

Kathi May 9, 2009, 7:38 AM

Leeza, You’re right on. When both people in a marriage are taken over by outside committments, the relationship suffers. It’s so easy to lose sight of what’s important and not notice until it’s gone. Cheating is usually just a symptom.

I’d love to connect with you privately since we have much in common. Look me up on wingspouse.com

Alfred  May 9, 2009, 4:25 PM

kate is a nagging woman, and she is annoying, but john should have know she was like this before he married her, he knew exatly what he was getting into. jon just wants to be a white boy but he is still korean. but no reason to cheat, cheating is wrong and only kids will suffer. I would never expose my family to TV reality show.

christofer Jeffers (Omaha) May 9, 2009, 4:30 PM

I would rather watch the Simpson it is a better show.

jessica May 11, 2009, 2:18 PM

first of all it is not kates fault if jon did decided to cheat. hes a grown man who knows right from wrong!!!! if he was having problems within the marriage theres something called communication!!! thats what you do when your having problems in your reltioship. u talk about the problem and try to find a soultion. i hope that he didnt 4 get his vows and what they maent!!!! he needs to not only think about how his actions are hurt his family but was it worth it. i will pray for him and his family i hope that they can somehow work through this hurtle !!

Quadfather May 12, 2009, 5:59 AM

Scripted,sad and a slap in the face for all who take faith,family and marriage truly to heart. Let the reality TV lights dim and let these poor folks get back to reality.