Kate Gosselin OK with Jon's Alleged Cheating?

Did Kate find Jon a "mother's helper?"

Diane Mizota: As the plot thickens in the "Jon and Kate Plus 8" cheating scandal, let's just put judgment aside momentarily and wonder: Is it possible that Kate knows about Jon's extramarital activities and has outsourced sex with her husband to other, ahem, vendors? Is it just the conspiracy theorist in me that wants to believe it isn't just the garden variety affair that it seems?

jon and kate gosselin

Whether self-imposed or not, we all have felt the pressure to excel as parent, professional, domestic goddess, and lover, but realistically something's gonna give. Those are a lot of hats to wear. Throw in celebrity, author, public speaker, Mom icon, and Kate may have one hat too many. I know what an anti-aphrodisiac my own child is; I can only imagine what 8 kids do to a woman's libido.

Perhaps somewhere underneath that god-awful haircut, she realized that she can't possibly do it all and farmed out her husband's sexual needs. Kinda gives new meaning to the title, "mother's helper." I'm not endorsing this lifestyle choice, I'm just saying, it would explain a lot about their interaction.

Let's face it -- divorce would be a very public and very ugly option. As stars of the highest-rated show on TLC, they have everything to lose. Damage control! I can hear the TLC executives now: "We can revamp it as a family show and dating show all in one! Jon and Kate Plus 8, minus 1, divided by 2, plus one 23-year-old, 50% of the time. Voila! A whole new demographic!" Only time will tell.

next: 12 Things I'll Do for My Wife for Mother's Day
Terry May 12, 2009, 11:25 PM

Kate has such prissy standards that nobody can live up to. Thats why mom said never marry a cop, fireman or nurse.

Adam May 13, 2009, 8:27 AM

all you need are the nonverbal cues.

every time they’re interviewed she has her legs crossed the other way as him.. she doesn’t pay attention to him.. it almost looks like she secretly despises him. i’m just stating what i see.

Michelle  May 13, 2009, 8:47 AM

I really do believe everyone needs to leave this growing family alone. They are like every other family in America with daily problems. The media && You people writing about it just makes it worse. Can you imagine what these young children are growing through? Everyone needs to let this family live, deal with their problems on their own and get a new story to talk about.

Jennifer May 13, 2009, 10:03 AM

I think Kate is obnoxious and bitchy and if I were her husband, I would probably look elsewhere for a companion too. How he’s even put up with her this long is beyond me as I couldn’t even begin to fathom an entire day in a home with such an attitude. Now the idea presented before us is a very logical one. She wouldn’t want to lose the show, or the money it is generating and he probably can’t stand the thought of having to climb on top of that anymore. Not to mention, she strikes me as somewhat a prude who wouldn’t partake in such things that may satisfy her husbands animalistic side, so a third party may have actually been agreed to. Not like it doesn’t happen everyday! AND if it is true, I must say it’s probably the nicest thing she’s ever done for Jon. (Besides shutting her mouth and being quiet, but that really doesn’t count as being nice if you’re sleeping.)
~Jennifer

joanne May 13, 2009, 4:10 PM

It is all in what they don’t say. Jon says he is not cheating on Kate. Kate says this is a storm, they love their family, and Kevin and Jodi say the marriage died 6 months ago and Kate drew up a contract with Jon giving him babes on the side to keep filming. I believe this couple are first rate scam artists and their children should be pitied.

Annie May 13, 2009, 4:27 PM

John wanted to get caught, and I believe this is probably not his first affair. If Kate or TLC cared one bit about this family season 5 would be cancelled. What a nice legacy for there children to have to face everyday of theirlives. The embarrassment of having to go to school and face classmates. Kate said when this becomes UNHEALTHY for their children filming would stop. Its now TOXIC. $$$$ thats what its all about. SAD

Kaya May 14, 2009, 12:56 PM

It makes me laugh when I hear Kate say it is tough being in the spotlight - to that I say “What were you thinking, or perhaps you were not, when you signed on for the series?” I really think all of Jon’s behaviors are basically screaming a message of “I am done with this.” Just as he had at the end of last season when she was still gung-ho and him not so! If they knew what was best for them and their family , which I highly doubt they do, they would say “we are done!”

sheila May 14, 2009, 8:03 PM

although everyone has there own opinon on this couple i honestly feel sorry for both kate and the kids. i believe we all make mistakes. as well as have jon made. if jon really cared about his family he wouldnt try to be out there tryin to create a new one as we all have seen on photos. unfortunaly i feel as if this had to happen sooner or later. i think the family should just quite some of there “celebrtiy life” and talk as a family as to what has been going on. overall i wish nothing but great things to happen to this once happy family may all there issuse be resolved and they become one nice family again without anyone getting in it

Shelly May 15, 2009, 1:23 PM

Jon and Kate plus Eight is cancelled in my home. Too much Hollywood drama and I feel it has become more of a theatrical production than a true reality show. I enjoyed the simplicity of the show prior to all the tabloid blah blah blah. Books are coming out and rumors of cheating…heck..we don’t need to turn the TV on to see that crapola. The innocence of the show is gone, fame has taken over and that is not appealing to me. Nice show while it lasted..but not for me anymore.

Kayla May 18, 2009, 4:55 PM

For the record. I don’t think Kate’s haircut is “god-awful”. With eight kids, who has time to maintain locks of a goddess?

sheilaJ May 19, 2009, 10:21 AM

Love how everyone always thinks the woman is at fault and that the woman is always a B**** and deserves this. Whatever. Stop and think maybe he made her into a B****. You ever think the cycle started shortly after she had the kids. Maybe he started ignoring her because of the baby belly that is left after having 8 kids. Maybe he was nasty and demeaning to her before the cameras were even around. Maybe she grew tired of it and started to give him a taste of his own medicine! Yes she has OCD, and she probably has gotten used to the lifestyle with some money. Most people do when they come from nothing. They aren’t exploiting the kids, they did it for all the viewers interest in them and to help them raise 8 and give them all the opportunities that they would otherwise not be able to give them. I’d let cameras in my home to if it would provide my children with all the opportunities that those children have been provided out of it. People shouldn’t be throwing stones for the selfless decision she has made. She values life that is why she didn’t want to reduce the number of children, they were already babies growing, how could she?She allowed the cameras in recording moments she is embarrassed by,etc.. for her kids. I guess all of you think child actors are exploited as well. All parents have had moments that they’d be embarrass by if they were on film broadcasted to millions. I find her to be overall pretty real, she doesn’t put on the fakeness of a “perfect mom” (because there is NO SUCH THING), for the cameras. I think they should go into marriage counseling and get to the root of why things are where they are and work on it. If the show cancels,she could do a tell all book to pay off that home,so she can provide a good life for the kids. I do think both of them should be going to church more often too, it really could help them refocus.

Fruichantie May 21, 2009, 4:28 PM

I the show would be a lot more interesting if Jon challenged Kate to a duel … jus cause it would be more exciting to see him cheat in a fake duel, rather than a fake marriage. And the kids will be great, because they will totally think it’s real! BINGO!!!! Can we say “Emmy’s?”

karli May 27, 2009, 1:59 PM

i think if kate would have been less bosy there wouldnt be this blog. also if it wasnt for the show making them go so many places and follow them they would have a happy normal marriage!!!

Wbguqexr June 27, 2009, 11:49 PM

iUEC10 comment6 ,

Ruthie November 21, 2009, 1:40 AM

Jon did not cheat until Kate called it quits. He didn’t initiate the divorce. Kate did. He was so emotionally abused, he reacted irresponsibly, erratic and stupid. He needed some type of support, since Kate was the one that TLC favored and got all the good press as being the brains in the family. She was the brains, but she was also deceitful. There was a sign behind her book signing that said, “Christian Fiction.”
That said it all. She loved money, but she didn’t love Jon. She would do anything for her kids, but love their Dad. Jon couldn’t deal with her lies and the constant put downs and turned to others for acceptance that didn’t care for him. He looked in the wrong places. Hailey probably cared, but he lied to her to make himself appealing, but his lies found him out. When will Kate’s lies prove her a liar?

Erlene Dunkle February 10, 2011, 10:01 PM

I simply want to mention I am new to blogging and site-building and absolutely enjoyed you’re page. Most likely I’m planning to bookmark your site . You definitely have beneficial posts. Regards for revealing your web site.

Lisabeth Schwarm March 16, 2011, 7:50 PM

I’d have to come to terms with you on this. Which is not something I typically do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

scrapebox lists March 29, 2011, 2:00 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

Brandon A. Walsh March 29, 2011, 5:15 PM

Useful

Sam Schulteis March 29, 2011, 7:28 PM

Very nice article and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to get some professional writers? Thanks in advance :)