Jon Gosselin Affair Confirmed?

This morning in Moms Are Talking About, we told you that the Jon Gosselin affair has been "confirmed" by Us Weekly. Are you buying it?

john and kate affair

The new Us Weekly, on newsstands today, says that two relatives of the other woman confirm that "Jon & Kate Plus 8" dad Jon Gosselin, 32, has been having an affair with third-grade school teacher Deanna Hummel, 23.

Deanna's older brother and roommate, Jason, tells Us Weekly:

• "She's a nice girl, not a homewrecker. He is a bad liar. This isn't healthy for her. But she is refusing to help herself, so here I am trying to help her myself. I hope this clears the air."

• Deanna and Jon would "pretty much stay locked away like two teenagers. It was weird. He's a grown man."

• "A lot of the time, it was pretty, um, gross listening to her, you know, um -- how do I say this? The walls are thin. Let's just say that. I mean, no one wants to hear his sister having sex, let alone with a married dude who's, like, almost twice her age and who has eight kids and a maybe-crazy wife. Ick. Nast."

If he did it, we think this is just inexcusable. Hello, he has EIGHT KIDS! As we reported yesterday, Jon Gosselin is a tool!

Entertainment Weekly spoke with Jon and Kate over the allegations.

EW: What did you think of the story and photo?
Jon: It's really upsetting. I may be guilty of choosing the wrong time and place to hang out with my friends, but I am not guilty of cheating on my wife. It hurts me to see what it's done to my family, and it's scary to know that these tabloids are in town constantly following us and even paying locals large amounts of money to contribute to these negative stories. It's even gotten so bad that [one tabloid] has reached out to a youth pastor from our church, which in my eyes is completely unacceptable."
Kate: It's disturbing and unfortunate that these tabloids have gone as far as they have to try and bring us down. Jon's poor judgment and irresponsible behavior has also without a doubt caused some added tension and stress between the two of us.

EW: Does the tabloid story make you want to spend even less time in public? Do you feel like you have to decline future requests for fan photos for fear they may end up in the wrong hands?
Jon: Our fans and the majority of viewers have been overwhelmingly supportive, but when tabloids take photos and turn them into something they are not, yes it definitely makes us hesitant to take photos with fans and go about our daily lives. We still want to live normal lives. We want our kids to have opportunities that we didn't have growing up, which is why we participated in the show in the first place. But of course it makes us think twice about how we spend our time in public.

EW: Will you address how the tabloid coverage has affected your life in the upcoming season on Jon and Kate, which begins May 25?
Kate: I think we will address the bigger picture, regarding the very public focus on our family and the stress it's caused in our relationship, but not necessarily any specific tabloid.

EW: That said, the latest tabloid coverage should only boost ratings for the fifth season of your show. Is this comforting, or troubling?
Kate: We are not concerned about the ratings right now. Our main focus is on our family and working through this.

Here is Jon's official statement put out by TLC:

"These allegations are false and just plain hurtful. As I adjust to the the attention that comes from being in the public eye, I need to be more careful and aware of who I am associating with and where I am spending my time. But the bottom line is, I did not cheat on Kate. I am sorry for putting my family in this awkward position, given some poor decisions and bad judgements I've made recently. I am working through this difficult time with my family. My family is my top priority."

Do you think that Jon Gosselin is having an affair ... or is there no truth to the rumors?

next: Missing Teen's Mom 'Not Satisfied'
Daryl May 6, 2009, 1:13 PM

He’s totally cheating! First of all I don’t buy the “she’s a friend” cliche and second, you can see that he’s not happy with his marriage. When men are unhappy they’re more prone to cheating. I do think he’ll be a little more careful next time though.

jo May 6, 2009, 1:43 PM

y would neone wana b with someone who has 8 kids already

nicole May 6, 2009, 3:12 PM

Lol ok whatever he’s done or not done is none of my business, but I thought it was very funny that the girl’s brother is grossed out cause Jon is “like, almost twice her age”. Obviously his math skills were lost somewhere because this girl is 23 and Jon is 32…that’s nine years, which isn’t even half her age. So funny. Good luck to the Gosselin crew, I hope they are able to come out of this whole experience stronger and happier. Sometimes it takes almost losing something to really appreciate what we had to begin with.

Rachel May 6, 2009, 3:15 PM

The relatives of the girl just wanted to make a quick buck!

Brooke May 6, 2009, 3:50 PM

I agree with Rachel. The story is bogus and someone’s looking for fame.

Dels May 6, 2009, 7:03 PM

Well whether its an affair or almost an affair or nothing at all, we will never know. Kate may never know. The reality is he either realized there were some mistakes made or he was obligated to say so. Whether in the public eye or not, married ppl need to be careful with the friends they make. Even in the non-celeb world there are women and men who have no respect for marriage and (for lack of better word)prey on vulnerable and emotionally troubled marriages. Under the guise of friendship they listen to your problems and input their own (single life) minded opinions and advice, usually steering ppl to make bad decisions.
Im not saying husbands and wives are not to be held accountable for bad behaviour but I find it helpful to surround myself with family oriented and like minded ppl and that helps me keep in the right direction. I prefer to step out with other married ppl who also have children to go home to and spouses to mind.
ok Im definitely rambling now.

mona May 6, 2009, 7:25 PM

I can’t believe what a selfish a** Jon turned out to be. Anyone who can go out and ruin their family like that does not deserve them. If he was unhappy he should have gotten out. What a selfish disgusting human being. I hope he loses everything. His wife, children, money, everything. Was it worth it Jon?

L Hunt May 6, 2009, 10:33 PM

This story is BS. Do you really think he even would have time to have an affair anyways? I agree, it is someone trying to make a buck off selling false stories.

Sarah May 7, 2009, 1:18 AM

this is ridiculous….i agree with L Hunt….how would he have the time…this family is being filmed almost 24-7! besides…why would a man want to ruin having a beautiful wife and 8 beautiful children…these people that are just trying to make a buck make me sick…get over yourselfs people…and if the guy was so upset of his sister supposedly sleeping with jon…why didnt he go and break it up or bang on the door or something…this story is definately BS!

Kylie May 7, 2009, 2:27 AM

Yes,this girls brother and HER are just trying to get their 30 seconds of fame,screw them!!I’m 100 percent on the Gosselin’s side,poor things,I hope they’ll get through it somehow!

Rachel May 7, 2009, 2:44 AM

Actually, the family is NOT filmed 24/7. They are filmed about 2-3 days out of the week and as far as I know, they haven’t signed on for another season so they aren’t being filmed at all right now!

momfromPA May 7, 2009, 12:15 PM

He is definitely guilty of cheating. He was seen out around where we live in Wernersville PA, publicly stating they are divorcing and that Kate cheated first with a producer from the show.

ModestC May 7, 2009, 3:34 PM

I hope it’s not true. I do believe that Jon made some poor decisions and that this is a huge wake up call for him. This family has much to work through to patch things up. I also think Jon should not have been hanging out with Ms Hummel anyways. With 8 children, where do you find the time to hang out anyways with female friends anyways. Stay away Jon.

tiff May 7, 2009, 7:54 PM

Okay first off, being a military wife I have seen first hand that not everyone sees marriage as something that is sacred. However, if you put yourself in the spotlight, you have to be above reproach. Otherwise, tabloids, people looking to make a buck, and sometimes just the public in general will exploit mistakes, blow things out of proportion, as well as announce any misdeads. I am not saying that Jon actually cheated. Nor am I saying he didn’t. But he should have definitely known better than to be out partying like some frat boy when he has a family to think of. But my feelings on this is that it seems a bit sketchy that the brother of the girl that he supposedly cheated with is the one announcing this even though his sister is adamant that there is no affair. Okay short end of the stick…. Unless he admits he cheated, no one can prove otherwise. So why don’t we let the married couple figure things out and why doesn’t the brother back off and let things die down? Sounds to me like he just wants the attention he is getting by saying these things.

moe May 7, 2009, 8:57 PM

what 32 married man with 8 kids has 23 year old female “friends”? It’s ridiculous. She even has a sex tape… she a ho. He’s a 32 feeling like he’s trapped, of course he is cheating. I’d divorce the SOB and get child support for 8 KIDS!! He’d be eating boxed mac n cheese for the next 15 years. Then go on a press tour telling evryone he is a dirt bag.

Steph May 8, 2009, 12:28 PM

He is totally cheating. Firstly, he has plenty of time, they have the money now to hire nannies and such, secondly they are not filmed around the clock.

No 32 year old married man is just “friends” with a 23 year old woman. Why would they need to be out at a bar at 2AM to “hang out”, conveniently while Kate is away?

All cheaters say “we are just friends”. They apparently only met in January, is that really a good friend that you need to hang out with at all hours?

crystal May 8, 2009, 1:14 PM

I TOTALLY believe jon when he says hes not cheating. im a big fan of the show ive read kates book, now if he was a cheated would he went through everything they did together! People need to leave them alone!!!!!!! someone just wanted to make money!! They should be ashmed of theirselfs gaing money over something so heartbreaking to the children!!!!! and there is nothing wrong with having eight kids. he still looks better than alot of people who dont have any kids. Someone needs to look at the girls family. i bet she the one getting the money for the photos. Girl get a life. Not Kates!!!!!!!!

cara May 9, 2009, 4:31 AM

it’s all a bunch of bulls**t. The tabloids buy people out to sell more magazines. The girl is adamantly denying it. How many woman who are cheaters deny it. Usually they are all in for the tell all and the money. Let the man blow off some steam. They are married it doesn’t mean they have to spend every waking moment together, and sit at home when the other one is away. I’m 25 and have plenty of friends who are in their 30’s. It’s no big deal leave them alone.

Karen May 10, 2009, 3:28 PM

At this point, I have no idea which side of the story or who’s side to take…I really want to believe that Jon is innocent, but with everything that has been going on with him lately, I am not sure if he is still a good guy. But I am really concerned and worried about the kids. I keep thinking about them, and the situation Jon has put them in. All 8 kids probably are confused about everything that’s been happening lately and I feel really bad for them. I just hope that all the tabloids will just leave the Gosselin family alone, so they can work things out as a family in privacy. Please keep them in your prayers, and hope for the best. Thanks!

Christy May 11, 2009, 2:00 PM

First I want to say that I don’t think Jon cheated. I do want to say that I think that you need to have accountability and that he should have made better decisions and not ever be alone with females. And, these females all know who he is so obviously they know he is married…so they are looking for the spotlight.