Jon Gosselin is a Tool!

When we heard the news about Jon Gosselin hanging out with a 23-year-old single girl "friend," we wondered if other dads have "friends" like these. So we asked one! Here's what he had to say.

jon gosselin

Jay Brown: First of all, I would never hang out with a single girl out of respect for my wife, and I don't know when I'd be able to find the time even with two kids, much less eight! How does he have EIGHT kids and have time to be out clubbing? I have six less kids than Jon does, and I haven't been to a nightclub in years. I have to be very selective with my time away from my family, and I can't imagine my choice would ever be to hang out with a girl who is 23, unless it was my sister.

As hip as I would like to think I am, I would have nothing to discuss with a 23-year-old. (What are we going to talk about? "The Hills"?) I worry about making lunches and making sure the kids' homework is done. She worries about texting her friends and scheduling her next mani-pedi. Two different worlds. When Jon and Kate got married almost 10 years ago, this girl was in junior high!

But when you get down to it, this is all about ego. Basically, if I was hanging out with a cute 23-year-old and letting her drive my car, I would only be there to feel better about myself. And they're at a bar. If he gets drunk enough, or if she gets drunk enough, maybe something would happen. That just might be in the back of his mind.

She says they always hang out in a group. But how come there are no pictures of him out in this "big group" she is describing? Why are the pictures only of the two of them? Something just doesn't add up here.

If I had eight kids, I would be very suspicious about why a 23-year-old girl would want to hang out with me in the first place. Face it, she is probably only hanging out with him because he is quote-unquote "famous" and a reality TV star. She's a media whore!

I assume this guy's a major celebrity in the town he's from. So he's pretty much spitting in his wife's face to be out with another woman. It also goes back to the fact that he just wants to make himself feel better, because obviously someone is going to take a picture of them and it's going to get back to her in some weird way.

Jon Gosselin is a tool and is trying to feel better about himself. He's bogged down with eight kids, his wife berates him on the show, and he's trying to get an ego boost. But if someone was putting me down on national television, I might be looking at different avenues as well.

With "guy code," I don't want to pass judgment, but if you're gonna portray yourself as Dad of the Year on "Jon and Kate Plus 8," don't be banging around with a 23-year-old. Bottom line.

What do you think about Jon Gosselin having a 23-year-old "friend"?

next: My Kid's a Liar
Tiffany May 5, 2009, 12:49 PM

I COULDN’T AGREE MORE!!! WELL SAID!

Kristen May 5, 2009, 1:16 PM

I am with you on this one. My husband and I both believe it’s extremely inappropriate to have friends of the opposite sex UNLESS it is a mutal friendship with BOTH of us.

Lauren May 5, 2009, 1:23 PM

My husband and I both have friends of the opposite sex, and no, we are not in an open relationship. These are friends that we are both friends with but can and do hang out without the other there once in a while. We completely trust eachother. I do not think that it’s crazy for Jon to have friends of the opposite sex. She could be friends with Kate too, but Kate was out of town. I think this whole thing is rediculous and people should lighten up a little. Your spouse will absolutely be more inclined to cheat if you are going to control their every move, and friendship.

ame i. May 5, 2009, 1:39 PM

It is extremely inappropriate but I don’t blame John. I would get out of the house and Kate’s arrogant, overbearing attitude every chance I got.
Regardless, he sould man up and go to divorce court if he want to continue acting like a single man.
Anyone thinking Kate is actually taking care of those 8 children alone while he is gone needs to join the rest of us in the land of reality. She has plenty of staff members helping with the care of the children and the house.

End User May 5, 2009, 2:11 PM

My my… the liberal media isn’t so liberal after all. Last time I checked, this was the land of the free, and you are to choose how you want to live (or mess up) your life. Now, the world don’t move to the beat of just one drum, What might be right for you, may not be right for some. So what if you have a single friend of the opposite sex. Grow up old man, you’re the real tool!

Shaniqua May 5, 2009, 2:24 PM

Who is Jay Brown? Is he a grizzly? I’d run away from him with that facial hair.

Jodi May 5, 2009, 2:32 PM

Well, that tears it. I guess my husband is not allowed to go to work anymore. By your assumptions, I think he’s having inappropriate relationships with every woman in his office (and maybe some of the men,too). Maybe Jon and this 23 year old girl they are hanging out in a group inside whatever establishment they are at. Then at the end of the night when Jon has finished numbing himself enough to go home to Kate’s arrogance this 23 year old girl is probably the only one Kate will allow to drive him home. I’m pretty thankful my family doesn’t have a reality TV show and rag mags following us around to blow every little unimportant detail of our lives out of proportion. Besides, I think you miss part of what “Jon and Kate” the show is really about: imperfection. These 2 will never get “parent of the year” awards in my book. They’re a pretty picture but they are certainly flawed.

GTT May 5, 2009, 2:57 PM

I love this guy! He’s a hottie!

Jen May 5, 2009, 2:58 PM

AMEN, Jay Brown!

AM  May 5, 2009, 3:10 PM

Assuming that just because they have 8 kids they shouldn’t go out is just plain silly. Parents need to get out WITHOUT the kids and do stuff they enjoy every once in while. For many people that makes them better parents. Maybe this is his thing, or was, so he had a chance to go out and went for it. What’s the big deal? So what that Kate wasn’t there, maybe she didn’t want to go or wasn’t feeling up to it or maybe just maybe they have the kind of relationship where they don’t need to ask each other permission because they trust each other. We don’t know how that conversation went and whether or not it was before or after the fact, so we have no right to judge. Could this have been done on purpose for publicity to draw attention to their show? Well on purpose or not here we all are talking about it and the show.

Anonymous May 5, 2009, 4:22 PM

Yes, he used bad judgement. But good grief, if we had someone waiting to photograph us, lots of situations that we see as innocent could “look wrong”. It’s between him and his wife and nobody else has business judging. Give the guy a break.

Dana May 5, 2009, 5:48 PM

Wife out of town, hangin with the 20+ year old gang, yeah he’s a tool for sure. No matter that his wife is a big time ball buster, Jon needs to man up, direct his life in a purposeful manner so he can be a “real” father and husband and not just a play time TV one.

Tania May 5, 2009, 5:53 PM

I think the guy has 8 kids and SHOULD NOT be going out with a 23 year old late at night. even he admitted he used bad judgment. Don’t be on TV as this great dad if you can’t take the heat. He is not just anybody, he’s a TV star famous for being a dad.

jill May 5, 2009, 6:07 PM

I agree, it’s not just the fact the he’s married and hanging out with a single 23 year old. But he was also caught without a his wedding band. It’s okay to hang out with friends but when you’re hanging out at 2’oclock in the morning trying not to have you’re picture taken. It shows that something is wrong, besides Kate was out town signing books. So he was he left to take cake of the kids right?, so, who was taking care of kids? Affairs happen, and some time when a man is not being appreciated by his wife, he tends to find another women who does appreciate him. I’m no fan of Kate or modern version of a mullet and I’m not a fan of Jon not having the balls to stand up to Kate. They are famous for having a lot of kids and that’s it. Wouldn’t be nice if we all got free products and money for our kids to go college, if we let everyone into out lives. I really can’t blame Jon, and I hope Kate finally realizes that you can get all the free trips you want and a million dollar home and still not everything is prefect.
Oh, Shaniqua, grizzly’s are hot!!!

Rachel May 5, 2009, 6:40 PM

All of you are acting like you know the truth about the situation. Sorry if the author doesn’t take time for himself, but there are parents out there (ME INCLUDED) who are GOOD parents and are still able to find time to go out. Everyone needs to quit judging them and look at themselves. When you are the perfect parent/spouse/human then feel free to throw all your nasty judgements out there. Until then, get over yourselves!

Danielle May 5, 2009, 6:45 PM

I agree totally and completely.

Amy May 5, 2009, 9:38 PM

I totally agree… it is if not more, at least the appearance of evil, and if my husband did that I would consider it cheating, even if there was no sex involved.

Cesar May 5, 2009, 9:54 PM

No one is perfect and judging someone is one thing but what he is doing is shady and if he is having problems with his overbearing spouse, he shouldn’t put himself in a situation that will get him an “emotional friend” that can damage his marriage. Does any one really think he can handle a “just friends” relationship with that girl. Seriously people??

Colleen May 5, 2009, 11:42 PM

I just heard it was CONFIRMED he is having an affair. I knew it!

Jonathan G May 6, 2009, 12:43 AM

It’s hard for me to get a feel for this situation based on the fact that I’ve never seen the show. Most of you who have watched are really trying to fill your time. However, whether you have kids or not, if you are married and you are hanging out with a young attractive girl, nothing good can come of it. Is she a family friend? I’m sure. Just me the wife and Candi goin’ out for a drink. I’m not casting stones, I’m just trying to be real. Good for you Jay Brown, being famous for getting a girl pregnant eight times isn’t a qualification to be a role model. But, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…….. it’s probably a (____) TOOL?