Jon and Kate Dad's Affair Confirmed

US Magazine: In the new issue of Us Weekly (on newsstands Wednesday), five people close to the situation - including two relatives of the other woman - confirm that Jon & Kate Plus 8 dad Jon Gosselin, 32, has been having an affair with third grade school teacher Deanna Hummel.

john and kate affair
The most explosive blow-by-blow details are revealed by Deanna's older brother - and roommate - Jason, who tells Us Weekly that he is speaking out now to set the record straight and to protect his naive sister.

"She's a nice girl, not a homewrecker," Jason tells Us Weekly. "He is a bad liar. This isn't healthy for her. But she is refusing to help herself, so here I am trying to help her myself. I hope this clears the air."

After Jon and Deanna met in mid-January at Chill Lounge in Reading, Pennsylvania (they sent each other $3 shots), Jason says Jon -- who has twins, 8, and sextuplets, 5 -- began relentlessly pursuing his sister. By mid-February, he was coming over to their Reading house.

On April 26 - while his wife Kate was traveling - Jon had Deanna over to sunbathe in his family's front lawn (see photo, left). This was just seven days after they had first been photographed together at Legends Lounge at 2 a.m.

At the Hummel house, Jason says Deanna and Jon would "pretty much stay locked away like two teenagers. It was weird. He's a grown man."

He also adds, "A lot of the time, it was pretty, um, gross listening to her, you know, um -- how do I say this? The walls are thin. Let's just say that. I mean, no one wants to hear his sister having sex, let alone with a married dude who's, like, almost twice her age and who has eight kids and a maybe-crazy wife. Ick. Nast."

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: A Mom's True Worth
littlepeapie May 6, 2009, 9:27 AM

What a sad situation for this family. Bless them.

Whereas, I don’t see that there is any acceptable reason for him to be cheating, I do hope that for the sake of his children that they can work this out.

Leeza May 6, 2009, 9:51 AM

This news about Jon’s escapades is deeply shocking! His affair was going on for months, that’s so sleezy. Even bringing her to his HOME to sunbathe, while Kate was away. If I were Kate, I’d throw my mattress out and kick him out immediately! Until today, I considered Kate the one and only selfish and greedy villain in this family.Now, I realize it took 2! Just in different ways.I knew their 15 minutes was about to end soon. Yet,never in such a dispicable way. Those poor kids! They will be the ones that pay the dearest price for Jon’s dirty deeds!Kids at school can be so mean! Jon has brought irreversible shame to his entire family. Forever this will be his legacy!

Jill May 6, 2009, 10:21 AM

Lets remember how hurtful it would be if your husband had an affair and everyone was talking about… We’ve heard half the story from this brother and nothing from Jon and Kate. Lets just let them deal with it… Having lived through an affair myself, I can tell you that these are the darkest days, now compounded because its all over the media. I really just have some compassion for Kate.

chris May 6, 2009, 3:19 PM

I am so dissappointed at this point, I don t even know how to react. They just need some space to fix this, and hopefully they will. I guess this means they won’t be back on in the fall. That is disappointing, my 10 year old and I really enjoyed the show!

Cheryl May 6, 2009, 9:11 PM

I am just so deeply saddened for those children. How awful.

Anonymous May 7, 2009, 11:53 AM

Her brother is the naive one…his sister isn’t a “homewrecker”? Um yeah she kinda is. I mean both are equally to blame for this affair. So calling her naive and blaming Jon completely is unfair. Of course, he is the one that took the vows to Kate…not this girl. Shame on him.

Sarah-Jane May 7, 2009, 6:20 PM

How could any woman sunbathe at her lover’s family home with all those toys around? Romance killer, seriously. And she’s young, and a teacher! What, there’s no bad boy with stubble and a motorcycle she can run to in order to escape the demands of children and their parents? This is the best she can do by way of having fun? Huh?

Jeannine Shoemaker May 7, 2009, 11:21 PM

I have been watching their so since the beginning.( Jon and Kate Plus 8). I thought it was me, but I had been noticing me tension in their relation over the past few months of showing. It was the way he would reply to her demands and their lack of affection towards each other. Maybe a lot of what could have been for them was lost in all of the TV hype and intrusion into their family. Their was some belittling going on in the relationship, but that does not give Jon the right to go out of the marriage. If he felt that way, he should have taken the proper steps to either work on their marriage or get out of it, all while keeping his children in mind and also the fact that they are in the public eye. I hope pray for the family and most of all the children.

Brooke May 8, 2009, 1:28 AM

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize momlogic was a tabloid. Lets stop spreading gossip and let these people work out their problems on their own.

shan rose May 26, 2009, 7:19 PM

Get a life Brooke! This is a BLOG!!! dO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

Libby May 26, 2009, 8:33 PM

Jon, even if u cheated u wouldnt be dumb enough to admit u did. You probably did cheat on kate and is denying the whole thing, i wouldnt be surprised if u go for younger chicks, u were the one to choose to marry in your early 20’s when your suppose to be going out and having fun at that age, and now that your married with 8 kids, u decide to go to bars to hit on younger women????? Come one Jon, dont be stupid!

Shamera May 26, 2009, 8:36 PM

Even if jon cheated he wouldnt be dumb to admit he did it. Im not surprised if he did, since he didnt go out in his 20’s he decides to go out now in his 30’s and married to pick up younger women???? Your the one who chose to marry early Jon, dont be stupid to go picing up young girls when your married!!! Come on get a life

Sharole May 26, 2009, 11:44 PM

Seems a little suspect to me that he’d be so stupid as to have her over to his house and on the front lawn. Give me a break. This sounds like a stunt to get attention, and it is!

Elizabeth May 27, 2009, 8:27 AM

How can you “confirm an affair”? Unless someone has them having sex on video tape…then you can’t really “confirm” anything. You can suspect…but not confirm. I’m not trying to defend anyone, just saying….I think it may all be for ratings.

Deb May 27, 2009, 12:40 PM

Yes this is a sad situation,,, I believe EV1 needs to back off.It is their life,, they need time to heal. But, by the end of a show I wait for Jon to salute Kate…Yes Ma’m attention.. I pray they will read their vowa and again think them over…Best of luck you two…

Anonymous May 27, 2009, 7:25 PM

Im with you elizabet,ther they say peaple have seeing jon with this woman and shoing pictures of the places they have been ?? wer was jon on dous pictures? only the car ones and tey olso sed no wed band well dey may be drunk to. an the picture of the house wasent him with the kids?

Allison May 29, 2009, 6:50 PM

Its ALL FAKE!!!!!!!!

Laura June 1, 2009, 8:58 AM

Layoff the owner of this blog-she can print what ever she wants!!!

I do feel the picture of the girl sunbathing with Jon is a fake-why not get a close up-cameras can do that.

Treatment for Hemorrhoid November 27, 2010, 4:37 PM

Very useful info. I appreciate your effort, very useful indeed…

valium December 1, 2010, 2:47 PM

Youre so cool! I dont think Ive read anything like this before. So good to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. Thanks for starting this up. This blog is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. Good job for bringing something new to the internet!