Jon and Kate in Two Households?

Just thinking about their potential move makes me wish they'd stay together.

jon and kate gosselin in separate houses

Rachel Sarah: My third grader and I are moving into a new home next week, and I'm writing this post surrounded by American Doll accessories, stuffed animals, and sushi erasers.

Overwhelmed? You bet. Which is why I've taken a few breathers to catch up on the latest news about Jon and Kate's marriage.

Sorting through all these "Littlest Pet Shop" parts and dried-out markers is exhausting. But can you imagine how much stuff those Gosselin eight-year-old twins and five-year-old sextuplets have accumulated?

Don't get me wrong: Kate is MUCH more organized than yours truly. (This is what really fascinates me about the show!)

Yet, can you picture how crazy packing and dividing up all that kids' stuff will be? I've learned the hard way that trying to get your kid to help pack just doesn't work.

How in the world will Kate sort without any drama? When the kids are at school, maybe? Will she just end up buying two of everything?

And will they have a yard sale? Oh my, that would be interesting to see. If they do split up, let's just hope that the Discovery-owned network covers the Gosselins' moving costs.

Just thinking about their potential move makes me wish they'd stay together.

You, too?

next: Men Are the "Weaker Sex," Says Birth Study
Renee Sanchez May 28, 2009, 8:44 PM

When I think of them or any marriage falling apart, the last thing I think of where will the kids toys go.

Crystal May 28, 2009, 9:21 PM

I used to LOVE Jon and Kate, but the money has really changed them. Don’t worry about the logistics, they can hire people for that now AND buy two of everything. I bet companies are clamoring to give their kids more stuff.

ANNETTE May 29, 2009, 3:42 AM

IS YOUR MARRIAGE MORE IMPORTANT OR THE MONEY AND FAME? KATE CHOSE THE MONEY AND FAME OVER JON…HOW VERY SAD

kate y from Ohio May 30, 2009, 3:20 PM

I don’t think anyone knows personally these two people and should stop judging them. A relationship takes two people and is hard enough without having a large family. It is obvious to me they love their children and each other but people change, sadly, and people move on. It’s their business. The kids will be sad, it’s true but as long as they each stay close (which i have no doubt they will) all will survive. I hope the paperazzi leave them alone and let the children adjust and continue on with their lives. I wish Jon and Kate all the luck in the world. I’ll still watch because there’s no doubt the kids are just too cute and the parents love them very much.

lele May 31, 2009, 9:51 PM

When J&K started out, and the answer to their financial nightmares was handed to them, I believe their motives were altruistic…thinking of properly fed, clothed, and educated children, with what seemed like a mininum of actual effort.
However, as someone pointed out, Mom get busy with the kids (and the producers, and camera crew, and publishers), and as one day runs into another and another, the family dynamic can change without anyone even realizing it. I feel that I have watched Kate evolve from a highly organized wife and mother trying to put her very large and young family into a somehow manageable semblance of order, into a woman waking as if from a daydream on the brink of disaster as she finds that she does not know her husband anymore, and her marriage is failing. While she was doing what she THOUGHT was best for the children, Jon was lost in the shuffle. Of course, he allowed himself to be led around and assigned tasks like the 9th child, so the 2 adults have totally lost sight of themselves as a couple, and whatever their separate roles are within that couple.

I think J&K can find each other if they really want to, but it will take a lot of effort and a strong desire to strengthen the marriage itself. Jon needs to do some serious soul searching and decide what he wants to do as a grownup. He needs to follow the path that will give him the self-esteem he needs and the confidence to be the male head of the Gosselin family. His children need their father AND their mother. I really hope they make it.

Iola July 1, 2009, 10:13 PM

Good Day. For the most part, fear is nothing but an illusion. When you share it with someone else, it tends to disappear.
I am from Haiti and also now teach English, give true I wrote the following sentence: “A veterinary dermatologist explains five common misconceptions about fleas and offers tips to help dog and cat owners protect their pets.”

With love :o, Iola.

Elvis September 8, 2009, 7:20 AM

Hi all. Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions.
I am from Papua and also now’m speaking English, tell me right I wrote the following sentence: “Invisible lace front wigs: although balzac arose n’t offer however from the shirts in his oraganization to invest valĂ©rie, members have been got in some issues.”

THX 8-), Elvis.