Is Kate Bonking the Bodyguard?

Reportedly, Jon grew very suspicious of Kate and bodyguard Steve Neild's relationship.

kate gosselin and bodyguard US weekly

Okay, it might sound like the plot of a Whitney Houston/Kevin Costner movie ... but the new issue of Us Weekly reports that "Jon & Kate" mom Kate Gosselin grew so close to her bodyguard, Steve Neild, it caught the attention of her husband, Jon -- and he even threatened to hire a private investigator to find out what's really going on.

Us Weekly reports that Kate has made 50 public appearances since May 2008 and Neild is often at her side while Jon stays home with the children.

When the cat's away, the mouse will play?

Neild's wife Gina tells Us that the affair allegations are "ridiculous." Kate says she's "horrified" by the accusations that there's anything going on between her and her bodyguard.

However, Us reports that the couple is on its way to Splitsville. "Jon says it's over," says the family source. "Kate doesn't want to work on it, he doesn't want to work on it."

But complicating matters is the fact that there is TONS of money on the line here.

According to Us Weekly, Kate only flies first class, received a free tummy tuck after the birth of her kids, and sells signed photos of her kids for $20 apiece at appearances. It's no coincidence that their show ranked No. 8 on the list of cable shows with the most product placement.

Us Weekly shares a sample of the freebies they've scored:

- Free beds
- Front-loader washing machines
- New furniture
- Free solar panels for "Going Green" episode
- Clothes from Gymboree and Gap
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids): $710
- Trip to Florida Keys for Jon's 30th birthday
- Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park: $309.50
- 1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm: $1,395.00
- Tickets to Philadelphia Zoo: $104.00
- Tickets to Walt Disney World: $654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate: $5,000), ski lift tickets ($72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home: $5,550-$6,350
- Violin: $100-$300
- Old house re-carpeted
- Crayola Factory Tour: $90.00
- Teeth Whitening (for Jon and Kate): $1,310 (average price for 2 adults)
- Hair plugs (Jon): $5,200 (average cost)
- Sesame Street Place tickets: $509.50
- Day with Thomas the Tank Engine: $180.00
- Beach trip to North Carolina, house rental, Jeep tour
- Sight & Sound Christian Theatre tickets: $236.00
- SkyBox at Phillies game
- LegoLand tickets: $550.00
- San Diego Zoo tickets: $278.00
- Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night
- Two purebred German Shepherd puppies: $1,000-$3,000 per dog
- Please Touch Museum tickets: $150.00
- Giants grocery store: $5,000 in gift cards and a year's supply of diapers

The newest issue of Us Weekly hits newstands Friday.

What do you think of the rumors circulating Jon and Kate? Does it make you want to boycott their show ... or get a Tivo season pass to see what happens next?

next: Dancing with the Stars: Bye-Bye, Ty!
Rachel May 13, 2009, 3:37 PM

I hate hearing about all the free stuff they get. Seriously, who even cares? It’s not like they go ASKING for those things. The companies want to give it to them. People are just jealous and need to get a life of their own!

Melanie @ Mel, A Dramatic Mommy May 13, 2009, 4:47 PM

I don’t watch the show. I think all the press releases smack of “methinks thou dost protest too much.”

Stephanie May 13, 2009, 4:55 PM

These companies offer all these free things to the family so that they get a piece of the marketing. The family goes along with it because they wouldn’t be able to provide such things for their family otherwise. I agree that people are envious that this family is able to receive all of these freebies and I think that everyone should butt out of their lives and let them deal with these issues privately.

Melissa May 13, 2009, 6:51 PM

It’s unreasonable believe the affair rumors, since they’re attacking both Jon and Kate. It seems people just want to make a story to sell to tabloids. Along to the products, every time the Gosselins get a free product, they are advertising it for a company. It’s simple product placement and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous May 13, 2009, 9:55 PM

i like jon and kate and i hope they don;t get a divorce because the kids love their daddy very much.and would miss him. pat

Georgia May 13, 2009, 10:05 PM

I never wanted children, and chose not to. However I have loved this show from the very beginning. I think Jon & Kate speak to each other like normal adults, dealing under pressure. It seems like everytime a couple gets a reality show, they break up. So sad. Fame seems to ruin priorities. It sort of baffles me that this family seems so religious, and yet will divorce before even getting counseling. Hopefully they will work things out, but Kate is already saying she can imagine getting a divorce. Such a shame for the kids.

Leeza May 14, 2009, 7:48 AM

If Kate is actually cheating with her bodyguard and Jon is cheating with the teacher, then where does their time with their children fit in? Especially because the “weekends’ seem to be “cheating time” for Jon and Kate. Monday through Friday for the kids is taping the show, school, homework,baths and bedtime.Weekends are for Moms and Dads to spend time with their children (sports, day trips,visiting relatives,etc.) These poor children work so hard all week, yet they can’t even look forward to the weekends for free,fun,bonding time and alone time with their parents hanging out with them!They are abandoned on weekends by their selfish and extremely spoiled parents and left with nannies and chefs to make their meals.How sad that is for those kids.My 3 kids are in their 20’s now.They love to talk about all the things we did together on weekends as a family while they were growing up.It always makes me and my husband feel so good remembering and cherishing all the memories of time we spent together as a family when they were growing up.These poor children only see their parents while taping their reality show, and all they do is argue and debate with one another.If divorce will end this sad environment these children are slaves to,then it’s the best thing!

Atlanta Private Investigator  May 14, 2009, 8:09 AM

Fame does seem to twist a cruel fate into relationships. It is sad, but we see this every day so I guess it’s not surprising to us.

Bree May 14, 2009, 10:50 AM

I can’t comprehend why Kate complains that she and Jon have no friends anymore,other than the bodyguard and his too trusting wife. Kate says she’s so scared of losing them too.The way things are looking, as far as an affair with her bodyguard,she’s right. She will lose him when he decides to stay with his wife (hopefully).Kate has systematically cut off each and every relative on her side and on Jon’s side of the family and she has even cut off her husband and kids.Kate says her marriage may very well be over.Kate needs to exit the right way,not the scandalous way- for the kids sake. Jon needs to do the same, hold his pants on until after the divorce!

Jessica May 14, 2009, 2:14 PM

I do watch the show, and I have always cringed at Kate’s abrasive nature. I have often wondered why Jon just accepts it, but in my opinion, “to each his own.” Kate has never apologized for who she is, and she claims to be 100% the person they portray on the show. If so many people are so quick to judge and hate Kate, they really should not be watching the show - it IS about her, her husband and her family!
Personally, I wish I had people offering trips to Hawaii, Disney, Utah, etc. to me and my family of six. I would gladly accept that and the many other products that companies willingly GIVE to the Gosselins. People who feel the need to comment negatively on it reek of jealousy. I would venture a guess that not one mother out there would decline an offer for free groceries or diapers for a year!!
My opinion on all of this current stuff is that:
(A) Kate’s controlling, cold and abrasive nature is understandably difficult to live with, and I imagine Jon is lonely for love and companionship and finally tired of it (this is based only on what I have seen of the show, and I have watched most episodes).
(B) Living in the public eye is hard, and they really are just normal people who suddenly became “famous” in a relatively brief period of time. They chose their life, but I honestly don’t believe that they set out for their family’s story to turn into such a a huge, well-known hit. It would drive me crazy if I had people taking pictures of me or my kids every time I stepped outside… paparazzi are like vultures, and they thrive on those in despair - it’s their nature - it is what sells magazines. They are all just WAITING for a moment that they can capture on film, for all the world to see, that they can twist into the next best story. That must be incredibly difficult to deal with on a daily basis.
(C) They’ve gotten caught up with the money and fame, and it has destroyed their family. In Kate’s interviews, she talks about how little they had when they began the show - now, making about $75,000 an episode - they’re living the good life, money is no longer an object, and the things they used to worry about are no longer an issue. At first glance, that sounds great - but sometimes those “normal” struggles are what bond us together with our spouses. They both no longer have jobs outside of the show, so that in itself must be an enormous stress - making decisions knowing that their source of financial support (TLC) is based solely on their “story,” must be a lot of pressure.
Bottom line, I never wish bad things on people. They have eight kids who have been inadvertadly been put in exactly the same position that they are — rags to riches, special trips, outings, homes, pets, toys, etc. The kids need a stable life, whether it be with two COHESIVE divorced parents, or two parents who decide to do everything they can to make it work as a couple.
I wish Jon & Kate and their kids the best, and I hope they can manage to pull themselves through their current hardships. Maybe it’s time to take a LONG break, and step back and evaluate their lives out of the public eye. Maybe that’s the answer to all of this.

Free the Gosselin 8 May 14, 2009, 6:44 PM

The only way this show will end is if people STOP watching the horror.

Don’t watch it any more!!

This family is a sham and Kate is too narcissistic to care about anyone but herself!!

Missy May 15, 2009, 3:13 PM

I think its a promotional gimmick and this is their way of getting their show higher rating’s. and now Kate’s brother is make some money off of Her show buy putting out rumor’s and bad press about them all. hmmmm….. I bet this season’s rating’s go sky rocketing.

Kyra May 16, 2009, 8:39 PM

I find interesting the comments on the web from those who think, “Poor Jon and Kate”. To the contrary, they made the decision to turn their family into a money making enterprise and are continuing to reap the benefits of the latest gossip. I have no sympathy for greedy, fame seeking Kate nor Jon. The only true victims in all of this are the children.

TLC lost me as a viewer of this show a while ago.

Carol May 16, 2009, 11:47 PM

I love J & K + 8, not because of Jon or Kate, but because of the kiddos. I have enjoyed watching the younger ones grow and develop their individual personalities. Jon seems whipped (literally) by Kate and Kate is self-absorbed, rude, and overbaring. Would love to see Maddy spanked every once in awhile for her Kate-like superiority tantrums - she is a real brat. But if TLC starts to embrace the Jon & Kate relationship drama rather then focusing on the kids, then I’m done with the show.

teresa May 17, 2009, 10:58 PM

i love the show but hate the way kate commuicates with her husband. she’s always talking down to him. I would cheat too if i were Jon. i feel so sorry for the children. but the free- bees are cool.

jim424 May 18, 2009, 3:24 PM

One question. Kate says on the interviews we love the kids.How come we never hear we love EACH OTHER and will work through this. Just curios

disgusted May 18, 2009, 3:33 PM

Question - with all the hoopla surrounding Jon and Kate - what about the “8”? I could care less about Jon or Kate; they are both adults and what they choose to do or not to do is their bed to lie in. But the children are being dragged along through the mud while their so called “parents” are making money hand over fist off them. Kate is so busy writing books and doing speaking engagements and book tours that she doesn’t have time for the little ones at all and Jon is, well, doing nothing so he decides to go partying, all while the little money machines are left at home with nannies and housekeepers. I have to laugh at those that think Kate is so busy being a Mom that she deserves a day off (on Mother’s Day which was also the six little ones’ birthday) to go to a tanning salon! And she was in another city on “tour” to boot. PLEASE! Give me a break. She’s gone more than she is home and could care less about the children; all she wants is the spotlight. I quit watching this show a long time ago when she made one of the little boys, who was very sick, go sleep on the laundry room floor because he was vomitting all over the comforter on his bed and causing her extra laundry. Didn’t worry about him; just about herself. Shame on her. How anyone could be jealous of this mess is beyond me. They both need to have all those children taken away from them. Poor kids.

Suzi May 18, 2009, 4:12 PM

I quit watching this show about 2 years ago when Kate’s attitude became more disgusting, but seems this family is all you hear about anymore. I feel most of this hoopla is to increase ratings. I for one will not be watching. I would rather watch Hee Haw reruns. Just wondering: aren’t all these freebies supposed to be reported as income? And unless things have changed, these kids don’t have playmates outside of their own family. I never saw any mention of soccer games, sleepovers etc that most kids enjoy.

Amber May 19, 2009, 8:44 AM

Ok, seriously - who cares if they get all this free stuff? I personally would not want all that free stuff if it came with EIGHT KIDS! YIKES! I would much rather have my small brood of three and struggle to pay for everything. I don’t understand how people can criticize when they have no idea what it is like to raise so many kids, all the same age.

Amber May 19, 2009, 8:46 AM

One more thing: we should ALL be happy they are making their own good money and getting free stuff, otherwise their bill would be going to us tax payers!