Would You Buy a Cookbook By Kate Gosselin?

As if she doesn't have enough going on already, Kate Gosselin is now publishing a cookbook. And when you see the title, you will laugh!

Kate Gosselin

"Love Is in the Mix" is the title of Kate Gosselin's third book, slated to arrive in bookstores in October 2009. According to Us, the cookbook "will feature nutritious recipes and tips on eating organically." Kate will also talk about "how to craft family traditions that create happy memories." LOL! What, like yelling at your husband in front of everyone on a shopping outing, or getting your game on with your bodyguard?! "Love Is in the Mix?" Pffft! BTW, if you haven't noticed, Kate does little to no cooking on the show, so how she's qualified to write a cookbook is beyond us.

Our office came up with some more appropriate titles for her book:

• "Bitch Is in the Mix"

• "He'll Eat It or Beat It"

• "Only One Cook in THIS Kitchen!"

• "Rollin' in Dough"

• "How To Craft Family Traditions One Affair at a Time"

• "Recipes on How To Drive Your Husband Crazy"

• "Bitch in the Kitch"

• "Hungry for Fame"

• "Cheat, Then Eat"

• "Tummy Tuck-Busting Recipes"

• "Stirring Up Some Infidelity"

• "Recipes My Bodyguard Loves"

• "From My Mullet to Your Gullet"

See Also:

next: Couple Ordered to Stop Bible Study at Home
mumof3 May 29, 2009, 8:55 AM

Hahahah.. In a way I feel bad the Gosselin’s have received so much critisism but I feel they brought it on themselves. They hate the spot light, but continue to film their show, pimp their kids out, and what ever else they/she is doing to make another dollar. They need to go AWAY and raise their 8 kids in private.

Anonymous May 29, 2009, 9:19 AM

If you’ve ever watched the show, what’s even funny is that she appears to mostly feed them “organic” fish sticks and frozen waffles. Do the recipes say:
1. Open the box
2. Put item in toaster
3. put it on a paper plate
4. complain about how much work you did
5. serve.

Leeza May 29, 2009, 9:40 AM

Kate had her ex best friend write her last book (she denies that of course).Kate’s own brother states that Kate hates to cook and hates to do chores (her entire life)into the present! She denies it, but she has a personal chef cook all the meals for her and her family. Kate’s brother says that Kate is GREAT at delegating!That’s even clear on the show. Kate needs to get real and write books on what she is truly qualified to write about, once and for all.Many women carry the whole load of cooking and cleaning themselves. Unable to “delegate” with ease as Kate does. That would be a best seller for Kate, a book on the “art of delegating”! Kate definitely is qualified and experienced on that topic. Kate’s entire life centers around herself, because she has delegated all the tasks to others.This cookbook venture is only going to add to the negative publicity that Kate seems to be a magnet for. Authenticity is what she deeply lacks!

Jen May 29, 2009, 10:23 AM

Hmm…Kate once said on the show, “real cooks don’t use recipes” so she is simultaneously taking a dig at her target audience who would BUY a cookbook but also implying she has no recipes to put in a book in the first place. She’s a total scammer and once people really catch on, the fans who defend her every abusive and self-serving action are going to feel pretty dumb.

Christy May 29, 2009, 11:08 AM

Oh Kate, Kate, Kate. Kate Makes it sound, and appear as if she is the only one that does anything in the house. What about Jon who is a stay at home Dad when she is out “promoting” her books, etc. He get’s no credit for anything he does. She makes it sound as if noone can do anything right, or as well as she does. Wake up Kate, you have to actually might have to do something once the public stops watching your show, and are sick of seeing your bad hair plastered on every magazine.

Mimom May 29, 2009, 11:11 AM

We’re finished watching, and now pray for them instead. Not another dime will go to any of their sponsors nor her (their) books. This madness needs to stop for the sake of what is left their family. It’s not too late to get it back, OFF CAMERA.

Natalie May 29, 2009, 11:26 AM

I’ve seen this show. She feeds her children crackers and cheese. What kind of recipes can she possibly have to share?

Free the Gosselin 8 May 29, 2009, 11:27 AM

If she shows up in my area to promote ANYTHING I will spend the entire day at that location wearing my “Free the Gosselin 8” T-shirt.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

She needs a court ordered psych eval asap!

Anonymous May 29, 2009, 11:39 AM

She exploits her kids and I really can’t even stand to listen to her. I HATE the hair!!

Jill May 29, 2009, 11:50 AM

Mom Logic, enough already about Kate Gosselin. So she’s in the media alot, big whoop. Its not very nice to ‘attack when she’s down’ buy coming up with fictious and snarky comments about her book title.

I am a fan of J&K+8. I am not afraid to admit that. I still like Kate Gosselin. Does she need some helpful PR suggestions? Yes. Does she need to take some time off from the cameras? Probably. But, we are not in her shoes and she’s dealing with alot of stress… So, lets just let it go.

She brought it upon herself (that’s what everyone is posting) but she is not needing a psych evaluation, that’s just plain cruel and insulting. I’m sure that none of the mothers on her have ever acted erradically or have yelled at their husbands. They are on a TV show, and TLC is *creating their drama*… Doesn’t anyone realize that those shots are edited?

MarcomMom May 29, 2009, 12:51 PM

How about “Love is in the Closet Boinking Mr. Gray”? (Mr. Gray is what they call the beefy bodyguard.”

Barb May 29, 2009, 1:24 PM

I’m with Jill—enough kicking her while she’s down. I can’t even imagine living her life! I’ve only watched an episode here and there, but SOMEONE must be watching since she sells out all her speaking arrangements and keeps getting book deals. If you don’t like her, turn it off. Pretty simple.

LKG May 29, 2009, 1:29 PM

What makes her qualified to “write” a cookbook? Has she had any culinary education? Has she substituted restaurant/catering experience for culinary education? No, she is just a woman who overstimulated her ovaries and gave birth to a litter of children and makes the occasional ordinary meal. I have never seen her cook anything on her show that is the least bit impressive or original. Almost every meal they show her children eating consists of a bunch of uncooked foods on a paper plate such as yogurt cups, hummus cups, baby carrots, apple slices, pb&j, grapes, crackers etc. One episode she made her “old grandma soup” which anyone with half a brain could replicate. One episode she made pancakes from a mix into heart shapes, she has made a fruit salad, she bakes cookies and zucchini bread, and makes her famous monkey munch recipe that came from the chex box. Not sure that any of those culinary masterpieces make her qualified to author a cookbook. She has also stated multiple times on the show that she is not crafty and that she is not creative so I cannot imagine that her tips on creating family traditions and making ordinary days special will be very innovative. In fact, I would be absolutely shocked and amazed if her cookbook has one original idea, tip, or recipe.

PKR May 29, 2009, 1:39 PM

I totally agree with Jill’s post. While I don’t agree with her or defend many of her actions… I challenge anyone to walk in her shoes for one week and see if you can stay totally in control. Let’s put cameras in your home and see how sweet, in control, and kind you are to your spouse when things go crazy. I’m no saint and do totally resent it when people are quick to judge and take cheap shots at someone when they are down. Shame on all of you.

Anonymous May 29, 2009, 1:51 PM

To PKR

We don’t WANT to put ourselves in the limelight because we don’t WANT to hear what other people have to say. They choose to put themselves out there and now they have to deal with what is being said cheap shots and all.

Jenny

Jen

I remember that comment too!! She said something like “if you need a recipe than you aren’t a real cook!”.

Yeah we all know she has someone cook for her or cater and when she doesn’t she is feeding them organic freezer food.

Elle May 29, 2009, 2:54 PM

Kate down? HA! She’s too narcissistic to ever think badly of herself…it’s all Jon’s fault you know. As for a cookbook, like when have we ever seen her do anything that resembled cooking? Except with an extra heavy dose of b!tching and whinging that would out do my 4 year old niece. Yes, I HATE the hair, but seeing her in ugly hair lets me know that her hairdresser probably dislikes her as much as the rest of the world.

I too am campaigning for the show to be cancelled for the sake of the children. If they divorce, I hope Jon gets the kids. The Kates of the world destroy so many innocents by convincing everyone that ‘they’ are the victim. Not this time.

Elle May 29, 2009, 3:14 PM

PKR, Barb, Jill—
We are coming down on Kate because she brought it on herself. I feel no pity— to quote those who’ve met her at book signings “She’s cold and unlikeable”. Sadly, she’s also got breeding rights to 8 kids which means she can get away with cruel and outrageous behavior simply because—- she had 8 kids. Kids whose lives she’s destroying in her own quest for fame and fortune.

A cookbook? From Mommie Dearest? Yeah, like anyone will take it seriously.

laura May 29, 2009, 3:16 PM

oh please with feeling bad for kate. dont kick her while she’s down? she brought this on her self with her greedy ways. let her go and cry into her pile of money that she sold her marriage and children for. boo hoo.

Secret Mommy May 29, 2009, 3:18 PM

TOO FUNNY! I fed my son hummus, pita bread and fruit for lunch one day and even said to myself, “This is a Kate Gosselin lunch!”

One episode a long time back she had a green living gal come “teach” her how to cook and Kate seemed VERY unskilled in the kitchen. I can’t believe she’s writing a book. But I see she does still have fans who will support her. Egads.

Leeza May 29, 2009, 3:31 PM

PKR- In Kate’s defense-You say you challenge anyone to walk in Kate’s shoes for one week and see who could stay totally in control. Maybe Kate needs to get a better fitting pair of shoes, ones that she can walk in! Shoes are like life,you need to try on many before you find the ones that are right for you. Or you will suffer needlessly. In life,we are presented with many different choices to make routinely, in order to keep balance and harmony in our lives and families. Sacrifices are simply a given in Motherhood and marriage.You can’t have it all, something always gets lost! Kate wants to be Super Mom/Entrepeneur (Type A).She’s miserable because this new overloaded life is failing miserably.Kate needs to stop adding new business ventures and s-l-o-w down! Make new goals for herself, ones that keep her at home more with her family and rebond with Motherhood satisfaction. Maybe even Marriage satisfaction!