Lala: Fans Called My Son a Bastard!

In an exclusive interview with momlogic, VH1 host -- and Denver Nuggets superstar Carmelo Anthony's fiancé -- Lala Vazquez talks about getting into it with fans at last week's NBA Western Conference semi-finals, telling for the first time what was said. Those fans are nasty!

lala vazques and carmelo anthony

Monday, May 11th, started out like any other big NBA playoff game. The "Charm School 3" host was in Dallas with her 2-year-old son, Kiyan, to watch Anthony play the Dallas Mavericks. Lala tells us she usually sits courtside when in Denver -- but courtside seats in Dallas were $6,000 a piece, and she just wasn't going to pay that. Lala says she was in the stands with her son and her babysitter when a group of men and women directly behind her, a group she says was drinking heavily, began to get rowdy. She tells us at first she ignored it, but as the game progressed, the group got even more drunk ("You know how big those beers are at games!" she says) and aggressive -- and began shouting racial slurs. Lala, a seasoned NBA spouse, says, "Mostly I'm used to it. There's always someone yelling something, and mostly I ignore it." This time, she says, it was different.

"They began yelling 'F*** the Nuggets!' right in front of my son." Then she says they started calling the Nuggets players "n*****s." She was shocked. "I've been at a ton of games -- but I have NEVER heard fans say things like that." Then, looking directly at her while taunting Anthony on the court, Lala says the fans called her son a "bastard."

"I know it was directed at me. Yes, my son's dad and I are not married -- but we are engaged!" Lala turned to the fans and said, "This is just a GAME! Do you even know these players?!" She then asked her babysitter to take Kiyan out of the arena. The fans, who by this time, claims Lala, were completely intoxicated, became even "more aggressive," yelling "F*** the Nuggets!" and insulting their families -- namely, Lala says, her and Carmelo. Then they physically pushed her. Pushed to the edge, she turned around and yelled back.

TV cameras captured security guards approaching her. "They said they had seen the whole thing and told me I had done nothing wrong. I was NOT ejected, they just escorted me to a suite [for safety]. I was mad!" Mavericks owner Mark Cuban even apologized the next day for a variety of incidents that happened at the game -- including the insulting of another player's mother -- saying "This has gotten out of hand."

Lala, who lives in L.A., will be courtside watching Melo battle it out against the L.A. Lakers for the Western Conference crown. Hopefully this time, they won't be serving beer to the fans behind her.

next: Guilty Friday: A Pee-culiar Situation
ame i. May 21, 2009, 12:53 PM

Good Lord! Just goes to show you there is no shortage of ill-mannered bleeping jerks in the world.
It takes a special kind of lowlife to act that way in front of a child.

Anonymous May 21, 2009, 2:29 PM

I don’t believe her story in its entirety. I doubt anyone was calling her child a bastard b/c they aren’t married….that is pretty common these days.

However I believe this is why they should not sell alcohol at a family event.

Jill May 21, 2009, 3:10 PM

How does LaLa explain being thrown out herself, saying “get the F*** off me”? If she was so clearly upset, then she should of walked out and got security instead of causing a scene.

Congrats, she got her media coverage.

Amber Johnson May 21, 2009, 3:14 PM

Um, why would she throw that painful part in if it wasn’t true? They clearly said all kinds of horrible things and were trying to get under her skin. I am so sorry that she and her son were subjected to this! So sad.

robin johnson May 21, 2009, 4:04 PM

there have been multiple reports from fans in the same area as La La. All conflict what she says.

lets get real. Notice the african american in the video. Do you think they are going to do nothing when such vulgar racial slurs are used ?

That Mavs fans or Nuggets fans in the areas would ignore the slurs ?

She is not telling the truth

Edwina May 21, 2009, 4:29 PM

As a mother of two, I would have responded the same way, ignorance to the fullest, they obviously knew who she was and taunted her. that video clip is probaly not showing what happen in it’s entirety

Anonymous May 21, 2009, 4:36 PM

Amber, you need to get real.
I too am engaged but not married to my daughter’s father, and I have heard “bastard” and worse. Just ask Ame.i, the poster above you. She’s commented in a previous post that single moms should have their kids taken.
Ignorance. Pure ignorance.

princess May 21, 2009, 5:15 PM

i believe the dallas fans were talking crap they were at home but i dont believe they said anything about her child being a bastard…since jay z put a ring on it she wants one too how cute no one cares that yall r engaged either white folks dont know lala unless they watched flavs reunion….

Anonymous May 21, 2009, 6:29 PM

May want to read this before you start feeling sorry for LaLa…

Truth May 21, 2009, 7:36 PM

Lala is lying - her story is false, but she continues to keep getting publicity because of websites like this (who write her story). Publicity is extremely important to people in her occupation.

Her stories are exaggerated. Questions for Lala:

1. What was your 2 year old son doing at a basketball game at 11pm (the game actually lasted past midnight)? Perhaps someone should call Child Protective Services.

2. In the video, it seems like Lala was the aggressor - any comments on that Lala?

3. Most of the fans and security involved at the Mavericks game actually mention that Lala was the issue - any comments Lala?

rh May 21, 2009, 7:38 PM

She’s a freaking LIAR. Too many other eyewitness reports are saying that her bodyguard and her were the initiators of all this mess.

tcat75 May 21, 2009, 8:22 PM

Dallas fans weren’t innocent, but there are three to four reports and videos which have LaLa as the instigator, and also have her as being ejected from the game, not “taken to a suite” like she claims.

Its sad that she sees the need to make up stuff just to get into the headlines.

mike May 21, 2009, 10:21 PM

figures that the only supporter here is named “edwina” …. see a pattern…..La La….Edwina

nicole May 22, 2009, 2:29 AM

Shut the hell up are u guys worried about stars that are human like anyone else why u are concerned about there lives

nicole May 22, 2009, 2:29 AM

nicole May 22, 2009, 2:30 AM

truthteller May 22, 2009, 11:03 AM

The hostility started, according to Peggy, when the bodyguard turned around and loudly and crudely insulted her.

“Everybody started defending me,” she said, “and it just got really nasty.”

Peggy (who asked that her last name not be used) strongly denied that any Mavs fans used racial slurs or threatened Vazquez, a VH1/MTV personality. She said the only time any Mavs fan touched Vazquez was when a girl in Peggy’s group accidentally brushed against her while reaching for a purse underneath her seat.

“Don’t you ever (beep) touch me again!” Vazquez responded, according to Peggy, who added that Vazquez also flicked soda on them at that point.

“If that would have been any other fan, they would have been tossed out long before that girl was,” Peggy said. “That little girl needed attention. Apparently, she’s a has-been whatever.”

Peggy said nobody harassed Lydia Moore, Kenyon Martin’s mother. Peggy, who went to Game 2 in Denver and had pleasant conversations with K-Mart’s mom during Game 3, said Moore and the man seated next to her seemed to be enjoying the attention early in the game and didn’t do anything to cause trouble.

But it bothered Peggy that MFFLs are being portrayed as racist hooligans while Vazquez is playing the victim.

“Dallas fans are getting a bad rap for this,” Peggy said. “I think they’re pulling the race card, and there’s nothing to it. It’s ridiculous, because it’s not at all what they’re saying.

“Those people just wanted attention.”

Nuggetsfan May 22, 2009, 11:05 AM

I was at the game and I’m a nuggets fan. I was sitting near LALA in the family section and I have to say that LALA is lying through her teeth. A lady was dancing behind her and accidentally pushed LALA and LALA became FURIOUS!! She called her really bad names. I was embarrased to be a Nuggets fan. What LALA and Trina did was bad. They are turning the tables and I hope she shuts up.

Connie May 22, 2009, 12:21 PM

this is an outright lie to excuse her bad behavior in front of her kid and other families. My father in law works security part time and is Denver PD, security was called because LaLa was causing a scene.

Jill May 22, 2009, 12:45 PM

I’d like to see how Lala will respond to all of this.