Lala: Fans Called My Son a Bastard!

In an exclusive interview with momlogic, VH1 host -- and Denver Nuggets superstar Carmelo Anthony's fiancé -- Lala Vazquez talks about getting into it with fans at last week's NBA Western Conference semi-finals, telling for the first time what was said. Those fans are nasty!

lala vazques and carmelo anthony

Monday, May 11th, started out like any other big NBA playoff game. The "Charm School 3" host was in Dallas with her 2-year-old son, Kiyan, to watch Anthony play the Dallas Mavericks. Lala tells us she usually sits courtside when in Denver -- but courtside seats in Dallas were $6,000 a piece, and she just wasn't going to pay that. Lala says she was in the stands with her son and her babysitter when a group of men and women directly behind her, a group she says was drinking heavily, began to get rowdy. She tells us at first she ignored it, but as the game progressed, the group got even more drunk ("You know how big those beers are at games!" she says) and aggressive -- and began shouting racial slurs. Lala, a seasoned NBA spouse, says, "Mostly I'm used to it. There's always someone yelling something, and mostly I ignore it." This time, she says, it was different.

"They began yelling 'F*** the Nuggets!' right in front of my son." Then she says they started calling the Nuggets players "n*****s." She was shocked. "I've been at a ton of games -- but I have NEVER heard fans say things like that." Then, looking directly at her while taunting Anthony on the court, Lala says the fans called her son a "bastard."

"I know it was directed at me. Yes, my son's dad and I are not married -- but we are engaged!" Lala turned to the fans and said, "This is just a GAME! Do you even know these players?!" She then asked her babysitter to take Kiyan out of the arena. The fans, who by this time, claims Lala, were completely intoxicated, became even "more aggressive," yelling "F*** the Nuggets!" and insulting their families -- namely, Lala says, her and Carmelo. Then they physically pushed her. Pushed to the edge, she turned around and yelled back.

TV cameras captured security guards approaching her. "They said they had seen the whole thing and told me I had done nothing wrong. I was NOT ejected, they just escorted me to a suite [for safety]. I was mad!" Mavericks owner Mark Cuban even apologized the next day for a variety of incidents that happened at the game -- including the insulting of another player's mother -- saying "This has gotten out of hand."

Lala, who lives in L.A., will be courtside watching Melo battle it out against the L.A. Lakers for the Western Conference crown. Hopefully this time, they won't be serving beer to the fans behind her.

next: Guilty Friday: A Pee-culiar Situation
BobsBlitz May 22, 2009, 2:22 PM

There is no way, no way, that Cavs fans were using racial slurs. So her story is killed right there. The rest? Seems like everything is suspect after that first line.

Maureen

Robert May 22, 2009, 7:19 PM

There is absolutely no proof of what LaLa says. No video, no pictures, no Nuggets fans backing her up.

Anonymous May 22, 2009, 7:37 PM

I was at the game, and sitting pretty close to where Lala was sitting.

Lala is a bold faced LIAR

B-dog May 23, 2009, 4:31 AM

I was sitting in that section and she was the low life that started it all she set a great example for her kid by cursing at people that did nothing no wonder she played the race card they all do

George May 25, 2009, 12:35 PM

Maybe you should also interview the fans that were sitting DIRECTLY BEHIND HER as the local media did to get the other side of the story.

It seems that Lala started the aggressive behavior and even started flicking her drink onto the surrounding people.

Let’s get both sides of the story and maybe somewhere in between them both we can decide what is true

James May 25, 2009, 12:41 PM

Lala is pretty hot, though my personal preference is women with really sexy legs, which she does not have, but to each his own.

But just because she has a gorgeous smile and a beautiful skin color doesn’t mean that her version of the story is absolutely true. In Dallas the people surrounding her were interviewed and is seems that Lala’s body guard started the whole mess that escalated and Lala herself helped to esalate it.

Pretty women can also exaggerate the truth, that seems to be the case here…

Jeff May 25, 2009, 4:17 PM

The fans were rowdy and shouting things from the stands, giving the Nuggets players around the bench heck. That’s what happens in an NBA playoff game on the road. None of it was directed at Lala. It was directed at Carmelo, kenyon Martin, JR Smith, Birdman, Coach Karl and all the other guys. The N-word was NOT used. Many of the courtside fans were black too and just as rowdy and anti-Nugget. Lala was just upset to have to sit in the midst of such an anti-Nugget fanbase and she fought back on behalf of her beloved Nuggets. And she got escorted out as a consequence.

Makes you wonder if it was just all a publicity stunt on her part. If so then it worked. But I can tell you fisrt-hand that 50% of what she says is a lie and the other 50% is bias based on her Nugget fandom.

cash advance December 12, 2009, 1:14 PM

Hi!!! www.momlogic.com is one of the most excellent resourceful websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. Keep it that way.

IP network camera September 30, 2010, 3:51 AM

Fabulous posting bro. This important is just a tremendously nicely structured post, just the critical info I was looking just for. I praise you

diazepam December 1, 2010, 2:51 PM

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

Buy Facebook Fans December 7, 2010, 6:00 PM

Hallo im from germany and my english isnt that great, but i was ready to understand each and every unmarried word of your article. Im searching for english blogs to give a boost to my english abilities and im very satisfied to finally find a weblog, that publishes transparent and based english that i can translate. Thanks from Germany!

Facebook Fans Buy December 9, 2010, 11:16 AM

Hey, I just like your posts! :) is it okay if I use some of the information from this post if I make a link back to your site?

Wedding On The Beach Dresses December 11, 2010, 1:12 PM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Megan Gracey December 13, 2010, 3:15 PM

Odd , your article shows up which has a blue hue to it, what coloration is the main colour in your site?

Sharon Zachary December 29, 2010, 2:45 AM

I just signed up to your blog RSS. Will you post more on this subject?

dieta anului 2011 January 4, 2011, 7:23 AM

I have beeing after the Internet for this information and i wanted to say thanks to u for the post. Also, just off topic, where can i find a copy of this theme? – Regards

Unlock iPhone January 14, 2011, 3:40 PM

I cling on to listening to the reports lecture about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the top site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?

Velia Kolsrud January 20, 2011, 5:39 PM

Fantastic ideas, thanks are in order for showing the initiative to throw it up

Lesha Lennis January 21, 2011, 9:23 PM

I cant say Im in complete accordance, thanks for taking the time to throw it up

bay window treatments January 22, 2011, 6:50 PM

Well this type of article is really worth searching for, great info for visitors and positively shows quality writing. Its great to have these kinds of articles around to maintain the information flow. Serving persons who sincerely enjoy this, great work! Thanks once more for putting this up. I unquestionably loved every part of it.