Mike Tyson's 4-Year-Old Daughter Dead

Exodus Tyson, the 4-year-old daughter of heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson, has died after a horrific accident.

Mike tyson

In what cops are calling a "tragic accident," Exodus accidentally hung herself on a cord dangling from a treadmill in her Phoenix home. Sgt. Andy Hill said "Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there's a cord that hangs under the console -- it's kind of a loop. Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it."

Her 7-year-old brother found her Monday and told their mother, who was in another room. She immediately called 911 and tried to revive the little girl. Paramedics performed CPR on her and she was rushed to a local hospital, where she was earlier reported to be in "extremely critical condition" and on life support.

The 42-year-old had been in Las Vegas but flew to Phoenix immediately after learning of the accident. In a statement, the boxer said, "The Tyson family would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks for all your prayers and support, and we ask that we be allowed our privacy at this difficult time."

next: Parents Agree to Treat Son's Cancer
Anonymous May 26, 2009, 7:47 PM

That is sooo tragic, my heart goes out to the whole family.

debi edmiston May 26, 2009, 7:49 PM

My prayers go out to the family, that is such a tragedy.

Gigohead  May 26, 2009, 7:55 PM

I was not expecting this. I thought the little girl would make it. This is so tragic. Poor Mike. He’s no angel but I would not want to wish this on anybody.

Scarlet May 26, 2009, 8:50 PM

Very sad news. But, I have a 4 and 5 year old and I’d never let my kids play near fitness equipment..why wasn’t someone with her? I’m sure that’ll stir up the estrogen cyber-lynchmob, but its true. She should have been supervised.

Rhett May 26, 2009, 9:45 PM

Frankly my dear Scarlet, I don’t give a damn. (about your ignorant remark) Accidents can happen to any mother at any time. Your arrogance may just be your downfall some day.

Mommy of 6 May 26, 2009, 9:50 PM

Scarlet there but for the grace of God go I. You cannot be everywhere with your children at all times. ” Judge not lest ye shall be judged” That’s why they call it an ” accident” and not an “on purpose” and I am not for the record part of an estrogen cyber lynch mob. Just a level headed mother of 6 that can make a mistake or God forbid use the bathroom like anyone.

sandy May 26, 2009, 11:10 PM

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN, NO ONE IS PERFECT . FAR BE IT FOR ANYONE TO JUDGE. I’M SURE THESE POOR PARENTS ARE DOING ENOUGH OF THAT ALREADY. GOD BLESS THE FAMILY INCLUDING HER OLDER BROTHER ,THAT MUST HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE FOR HIM TO WITNESS. OUR PRAYER GO OUT TO THE TYSON FAMILY.

Anonymous May 27, 2009, 1:02 AM

I’m sure there will be a lawsuit against the maker of the treadmill.

Charles Rech May 27, 2009, 7:08 AM

Very sad news.

Charles, from Brazil.

Dawn Korak May 27, 2009, 9:21 AM

Well of course it didn’t take long for someone to come out pointing the finger at the parents for not supervising. Anyone who actually has children knows you can’t keep your eyes on them ALL OF THE TIME. I’m sure, even though Mike Tyson has had some issues in life, they are great parents, and are surely grieving the loss of there daughter and probably being harder on themselves than anyone else could be. They will be in my prayers.

Kaiser May 27, 2009, 9:52 AM

Scarlet,
I knew some of you trolls would come out pointing fingers and lifting your head high on your horse. You reek with self righteousness and arrogance. Hind sight is always 20/20. Where are you when you use the bathroom? Where are your kids when you are vacuuming? How about when you are doing the laundry? Do you put your kids in the room with you? Do you take a shower with you children in the bathroom? The answer is NO. Go find someone else to pester.

My heart goes out to the Tyson family. I lost my daughter 7 years ago to cords. It is a horrible tragedy that even the BEST parent would never think of. My prayers are with the entire family.

Brenda Freeman May 27, 2009, 10:07 AM

Right now, the family needs our prayers, I don’t think it the time to point fingers at anyone. I pray that the little brother who found her will be alright and that Mike keep looking up. I know it seems , like every time he takes a step forward, something comes to knot him back. But, I pray strength for him and the mother’s of this child.

Rachelle May 27, 2009, 10:58 AM

I can’t begin to imagine the pain that that the Tyson family is going through right now. I feel for them, and I’m very sad this happened to their little girl. I really hoped she’d pull through. I pray they make it through this unbareable time, and especially that their son will be okay after finding his sister that way.

Dawn Korak May 27, 2009, 12:22 PM

Scarlett, i would also like to add that i am not a member of the “estrogen-cyber lynch mob” but merely a person with a big heart and compassion for others and their pain.

a mom  May 27, 2009, 7:45 PM

Scarlett, I wish that people like you did not exist. How dare you point fingers? Are you perfect? Have you ever made a mistake? I hope that, one day, you will be able to be less judgmental. As women, and mothers, we need to show compassion and love for those in need.

also a mom May 27, 2009, 11:51 PM

There is too much judgement in the world. My heart goes out to her mother. No one should be bashing this mom. Why don’t these people just look in the mirror, and judge what they see there? LPH

Anonymous May 30, 2009, 10:44 PM

sorry maan

Skylar June 1, 2009, 12:19 AM

Lets face it people, at this time the Tysons are in need of our prayers and thoughts. But some do hickie, needing to stir the pot needs to be the attention horder. Scarlet, let me ask you this….

Are your children with you 24/7? If that was the case, you wouldn’t have children now would you. Children often go explore when we least expect it.

Sadly, things happen do to their curious nature. Children out grow this thankfully.

People like Scarlet unfortunately do not. Take a look at yourself, and define what makes you special, and the breeder for gossip and drama. Look close, I see an ignorant attention seeker, praying on the tragedy of another Mothers heart ache.

My prescription to you? Take some Midol for the diagnosis you claim others have, perhaps you’re the only one infected.

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 2:25 PM

Coming through the standpoint of a fellow member in the fashion marketplace, I genuinely appreciate your guide.

Towing Capacity Of Ford F November 25, 2010, 1:17 AM

I’m astounded by people who want to ‘know’ the universe when it’s hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.