Here's How to Survive This Recession

We've been worrying about the war on terror, but there's a war going on in our own homes, too. The enemy is the economy, and the casualties are our marriages, our children, and our quality of life.

woman reading book

Our Moms and the Recession survey, produced in conjunction with Insight, found that:

• 64% of moms are spending more time feeling intensely negative emotions (e.g., arguing with others, crying, worrying about the state of the world, worrying about their family's future, worrying about paying bills)
• 86% of moms say they sacrifice buying things for themselves in order to continue buying nice things for their children
• 82% of moms feel personally responsible for making sure their children's financial futures are secure.

Indeed, we feel the weight of the world on our shoulders, now more than ever. But no matter how hard we try, moms can't do it all alone ... and we can withstand only so much pressure for so long before we crack.

How can we get out of crisis mode, and gain the skills and strategies it takes to survive? Momlogic's Recession Survival Guide will give you the tools you need to win this battle, and shares inventive strategies to empower you to not only survive, but thrive. Our resident expert Michele Ashamalla, aka Recession Mama, has some tips and strategies that will help you navigate this scary time. Remember -- we're right here with you!

Start a neighborhood meal swap. You each cook on designated nights for each other's family. For instance, if you start a meal swap with two other moms, you'll cook Mondays and Tuesdays, Mom #2 cooks Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Mom #3 cooks Fridays and Saturdays.

Host a clothes-swapping party. Freshen up your wardrobe for free. You can also start a kids' clothing swap -- ideal for back to school.

Start a babysitting co-op with neighbors. You babysit one night, a friend babysits the next. Some neighborhood babysitting co-ops even operate on a points system.

Get fit by starting a neighborhood walk party. You watch the kids one night while your neighbors walk, and they watch your kids another night while you walk. This is a great way to get in shape -- and maybe even get some much-needed alone time with your spouse -- without any hefty gym fees!

Shop with a pal. Tag-team warehouse stores like Costco or Sam's Club with a gal pal and split bulk items to save money.

Get a Date Night babysitter -- for free. Strengthen your relationship and boost your bond by swapping Date Night babysitting services with friends or neighbors.

Start a summer camp on a shoestring. Enlist four other moms to start a "summer camp" with you -- each of you takes the kids one day a week. Your kids will get to be with their friends, and you'll save money, too!

Click to download momlogic's
Recession Survival Guide

Click below to check out more info on how you can protect your marriage and kids:

Coming tomorrow: No cash? No worries! How to barter for everything you need.

next: Sell Ad Space on Your Pregnant Belly
David Harris June 7, 2009, 2:19 PM

Excellent idea - and not just for Moms (some of us Dads also need the advice too!). I’ve linked to you on my ‘Survive the Recession’ blog btw!

Vista Screensavers October 18, 2010, 12:36 PM

I think that is an interesting point, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just feel like a record.

Online Banking Security October 18, 2010, 7:03 PM

Just killing some time on Digg and I found your article . Not typically what I like to learn about, but it was definitely worth my time. Thanks.

sniper games October 24, 2010, 7:56 PM

Dude! This blog is amazing.

bachelorette party October 25, 2010, 2:29 AM

I have been just going through your post it is very well written, I am looking around on the internet looking for the best way to begin this blog site thing and your website is almost certainly extremely impressive.

Stanton Sirmons October 26, 2010, 8:02 PM

Some of the ideas associated with this post happen to be beneficial nonetheless had myself wanting to know, did they genuinely indicate that? One point I have to say is your authoring knowledge are very excellent and I would be coming back for any brand-new blog post you produce, you may possibly have a brand-new enthusiast. I book-marked your main site for personal reference.

Norman Schnepel October 26, 2010, 9:28 PM

takes full advantage of when you let it.

Santos Zumstein October 27, 2010, 2:28 PM

My good friend and I had been just talking over this specific issue, she is continually wanting to prove me wrong! I am going to present her this blog post and additionally rub it in a little!

Kermit Gasca November 13, 2010, 5:33 PM

My good friend and I have been just discussing this topic, jane is always attempting to prove me incorrect! I am about to show her this particular post not to mention rub it in a little!

Derick Coplin November 18, 2010, 8:34 AM

General I suppose it is some thing to think about nonetheless it would possibly just be a bit little bit of base. In my nation we have got to honer extraordinary writers and I’m adoring your submit as I do feel it’s incredibly good.

Blonde Hair With Brown Lowlights November 25, 2010, 12:16 AM

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

brahmin copa cabana December 3, 2010, 9:21 AM

My pal inquired that we come and look at the blog post, she’s truly do a school project on the subject. Were did you have your own oringal info on this particular or did you recover it?

Lenora Heidemann December 8, 2010, 10:44 AM

Looking at your site I’m confident that i could possibly recognize you from the university, could happen to attend Texas Technical? In case you did remember to blast me an email so we are able to catch up it has been quite a long time! Look forward to conversing with you and pray virtually all is well with you.

should i buy points December 11, 2010, 10:32 PM

I think one of your current advertisements initiated my internet browser to resize, you may well need to place that on your blacklist.

short hair styles for women December 22, 2010, 6:05 AM

The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.

dieta japoneza December 27, 2010, 5:44 AM

I have beeing searching the Internet for this info and just wanted to say thanks to you for this post. By the way, just off topic, where can i get a version of this theme? – Thanks

nationalpremium.com January 1, 2011, 4:25 PM

This blog is extremely good! How did you make it ?

dieta anului 2010 January 3, 2011, 10:49 AM

I have been scouring the WWW for such information and i wanted to say thanks to u for the post. By the way, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – Thanks

phen375 review January 6, 2011, 5:27 PM

Ladies in general usually are not trying to drop substantial amounts of weight for the most part. A lot of the men and women using phen375 are simply seeking to lose Five to be able to 25 lbs normally and typically the belly fat. The majority are healthy, visit the fitness center sort individuals. They simply haven’t been able to lose body fat on their stomach or have reached a Plato. Stomach fat problems typically begin to happen for ladies around the time associated with or even after child birth and afterwards inside grow older pre and post menopausal. It seems going to females while there hormonal levels tend to be altering; it’s a standard process of existence or perhaps is it? I am going to demonstrate how the real body fat stored in the actual tummy or even belly location is different and also the much more you’ve got than it the actual whores your own hormonal discrepancy will end up.

chocolate covered espresso beans January 9, 2011, 12:10 AM

Hello, I just hopped over to your site through StumbleUpon. Not somthing I might normally browse, but I liked your views none the less. Thanks for making something worth reading.