My Friend Didn't Save Me from Embarrassment

women at a bar flirting with a guy

Dear Friendship Court:

My friend Keisha and I were at a restaurant where we had just met two nice guys at the bar. I excused myself to go to the ladies' room and Keisha came with. Apparently, I came out of the stall with a long strip of toilet paper hanging out of the back of my pants. Keisha saw it, but thought it would be funny to let me go back to the guys with it there. They told me later that when she was walking behind me as we were returning to the bar, she was pointing at my dangling toilet paper. It seemed as if the whole bar had a laugh at my expense, and needless to say, the guy never called me. I haven't spoken to Keisha since. She suggested I write to you for a verdict.
Jayde

Dear Jayde:
I could hardly stop laughing long enough to respond. Every woman, no matter how uptight or "hoity-toity," has a totally humiliating, but hilarious, potty story, and now, thanks to your careless "wipe" and Keisha's warped sense of humor, you have yours. If "bar guy" was the "right guy," your little toilet paper problem would not have deterred him. Forgive Keisha and move on ... and delight in thinking of a funny, but harmless, practical joke to play on Keisha.

Tell us your embarrassing potty story in the momlogic community!

next: Father Who Gave Teen Son Prostitute Spared Jail
DD May 15, 2009, 3:19 PM

I disagree… my BFF would never do that to me but some other “not so good” friends probably would. I dropped them in 2008… I’d suggest the same for Keisha.

Mom2two May 15, 2009, 4:43 PM

I disagree with this verdict as well, any woman that would do this to another woman is not someone to be friends with.

Deana May 15, 2009, 5:09 PM

Sounds like your friend has jealousy issues. Not cool. I’d steer clear of someone that insecure.

maeby May 15, 2009, 6:02 PM

i agree with everyone else. clearly she was jealous of the positive attention you were getting. she WANTED you to look stupid. i wouldn’t hang out with her again.

mollysmom May 15, 2009, 6:08 PM

it was funny. lighten up people. my bff for over 33 years and i have done stupid stuff like this to each other forever and we still laugh about it.

Nicole May 15, 2009, 7:52 PM

I would not laugh that off if my friend did that to me. I remember going to a fourth of July picnic with my sundress stuffed into the back of my underwear. There were LOTS of eligible men that could have seen my rear end if a nice woman whom I don’t even know didn’t come up behind me and pull it out before anyone could see.

I will just simply state the obvious: What her friend did was NOT COOL!

ame i. May 15, 2009, 11:29 PM

I would be angry. Friends watch each other’s back.

Belinda May 16, 2009, 9:35 AM

I think I would be embarrassed but would end up laughing about it later. As for her friend, only she really knows her intentions. It could have been jealousy or just a joke. Everyone has a different sense of humor. My husband thought this was funny. He said they were at a bar to have a good time and thought she needed to laugh about it. If they are really best friends, they put it behind them and get on with life. Stewing over this will cause more anger and that’s just unproductive.

Kelly May 16, 2009, 9:39 AM

It’s a competition thing. You being humiliated casts her in a much better light, to not only one of the ‘nice guys’ at the bar- but both.