Pageant to Yank Miss California's Crown?

Is it bye-bye to Miss California? Pageant organizers have just held a press conference, using such strong language as "breach of contract" and "shame!"

carrie prejean miss california

Miss California USA Pageant officials scheduled a news conference this morning in Beverly Hills to discuss the "many issues surrounding Miss California USA."

21-year-old Carrie Prejean has been the focus of a firestorm after she said she did not support gay marriage during the pageant. Soon after, topless photos of Prejean appeared online, and it was reported that her breast implants were paid for by the Miss California USA organization. In addition, details about her parents' bitter divorce, including allegations of her father's homosexuality, were leaked. Pageant officials say she may have violated her contract, which requires contestants to avoid controversy as title holders and to not appear in nude photos.

The final decision rests with Miss USA Pageant owner Donald Trump. He has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow.

next: Recession Survival Guide: Husband Lost Job
makeadiff21.com May 11, 2009, 3:35 PM

This is stupid. Just stupid. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Would you prefer she be a liar instead??? Which is more important? Being politically correct or being an honest person? Which one do you want as a role model? It’s not like she went on some anti-gay rampage. She answered a question honestly and with integrity. Why didn’t they ask all the other contestants politically charged questions?? That wasn’t fair to her at all. If you don’t like her answer, fine. Don’t vote for her. But don’t embarrass her and yourself by going on your own rampage.

not p.c. May 11, 2009, 3:45 PM

I agree completely with makeadiff21. I’m sick of not being able to say how I truly feel about certain issues because it might offend someone…well guess what it offends ME to be so p.c. all the time and from this point on, I refuse to not say how I really feel about any subject anymore. If it’s okay for ppl like Perez Hilton to speak his mind then it’s okay for me to also. He just won’t like it but too bad.

melissa May 11, 2009, 3:55 PM

I agree with the two before me. I feel he asked her for her opinion, what she believed. Perez should have known there would be a 50/50 chance she would disagree. Duh. Besides I think she handled her opinion with much better class than Perez did with his little opinionated video. I live in America for the freedoms one of which she had the right to use and did.

sassy fran May 11, 2009, 9:49 PM

as a stright woman who supports the gay life stlye i still feel like she did nothing wrong. you asked her a question and she said how she feels. get over it! and i agree with a lot of the stuff said above. if you are going to ask her such a quesiton the you should have asked everyone one else big ones too!

FunMe May 11, 2009, 11:12 PM

“I don’t understand why people are being so mean to Miss CA. I mean they asked her about what she though about marriage between a black man and a white woman. She said, “no offense”, but she did not believe that marriage should be for a black and a white. I mean after all she is blonde, privileged and white. She was just raised that way. OK, so afterward she went beyond her “opinion”.

She became a spokesperson for the KKK. They don’t believe in black and white marriages. Just like her. I mean she was raised the way.

I mean so what if we California voted to deny blacks and white the right to marriage. So what if the state of California allowed blacks and whites to get married, but the tyranny of the people, I mean the vote of the people said NO to black and white marriage.

I mean it was just her “opinion” that she just went yada, yada, yada … in many talk shows by the way. And she said she is a “Christian” and the Bible doesn’t allow that. She has to “protect” WHITE MARRIAGE. I mean after all how are we suppose to maintain the 50% divorce rate. Who cares if people were married, and they lost their marriage. She was just saying an opinion. God made me her do it. Oh, and he also made her get FAKE breasts. And pose UNDERAGE … her Mommy said it was OK!”

If people don’t understand the irony and similarities, they are simply homophobes. Period.

NO MR NICE GAY

That queenie Dijon is going down!

Rachel May 12, 2009, 2:35 AM

They aren’t going to yank her crown simply because she is judgemental and feels she can tell others who they can and can’t marry. They are going to yank her crown because she took naked pictures (and this is a BREACH OF CONTRACT PEOPLE!). Plus, there is foul play if the organization PAID for her implants. They aren’t taking it away from her for practicing her freedom of speech, read the article.

catherine May 12, 2009, 8:59 AM

Did the first few commenters even read the post? Ms. Prejean is accused of VIOLATING HER CONTRACT, not making politically incorrect statements. Her contract states, among other things, that she’s not to use her status as Miss California to endorse things (like the NOM or anti-gay-marriage movement, for example), and she’s not to appear in nude pictures. She did both. If she’d appeared in an ad promoting gay marriage, she’d ALSO be at risk of losing her crown for violating her contract.

catherine May 12, 2009, 9:02 AM

Also, to the “not pc” crowd, you’re not speaking in a vacuum. Just as you have the right to state a bigoted, closed-minded opinion, others have the right to A) tell you you’re offensive and B) choose to not associate with you. There’s no basic right to state your beliefs AND not face consequences. I’m terribly sorry that there are people who don’t like what you say - it must be such a burden for you to have people exercise their rights of free speech and freedom of association in ways that don’t include YOU.

Tricia May 12, 2009, 8:06 PM

It should be about her signing a contract and not living up to the terms of that contract as th4e media has reported. What about Vanessa
Williams? She should be reinstated and all of the other women who had to resign for reasons related to the terms of their contracts.
These are supposed to be role models for other young women. What message is being sent?

Wally May 12, 2009, 9:28 PM

Let’s look at this in a different light. Was she or was she not asked a question ? Did she or did she not answer the question ? Did she pose in the nude or semi nude since the pageant? This is one beautiful young woman who will go far in this world with or without the pageant or tidal. If I could give her some advice, I would tell her to walk away from this mess, you don’t need it. You’ll do just fine without it.

Victor May 12, 2009, 10:06 PM

I have a relative who is a prominent physician who is also a buttpirate and has adopted two children They are now two more faggots.

Victor May 12, 2009, 10:17 PM

I personally don’t care who these fags marry as long as they leave my children alone. They can marry farm animals if they want to as long as they don’t try to molest my dog.

Victor May 12, 2009, 10:22 PM

I think she is a beautiful, intelligent young lady and this question was unfair since it was asked by a biased fudgepacker.

Victor May 12, 2009, 10:48 PM

Who cares if she posed in the nude. This problem is about her answer regarding two faggots getting maried. I pesonally don’t care who these buttpirates marry. For all I care they can marry animals from the zoo like Barack Obama did. Oink,Oink.

georgia May 12, 2009, 11:13 PM

I am sorry Catherine and Rachel but that’s crap and you know it! She is being bullied because she spoke from her heart and you people on the far left cannot tolerate that! You are all for freedom of speech as long as the speaker agrees with you!

Anonymous May 13, 2009, 1:17 AM

she didn’t take into consideration that her comments would hurt people and if she has morals and valuea like she says she should not have shown her breasts to the world.

marie puki May 13, 2009, 2:56 AM

I salute Carrie prejean. God bless you girl. Let this homos burn like sodom & gomorra. you Perez(pedophile)Hilton go first

ronald May 13, 2009, 3:05 AM

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT THIS VERY PREET WOMEN ,ON HER WAY . WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO EXPRESS HER HONEST OPINON ,RATHER THAN LIE TO GAIN POPULAR SUPPORT. SHE SPOKE FOR HERSELF AND A LOT OF THE COUNTRY.INTEGETY , INTELETGENCE ,IS WHAT SHE HAS .AND I WOULD LOVE TO MEET HER

RONALD May 13, 2009, 3:09 AM

SHE DID THE RIGHT THING FOR MOST AMERICA

she May 13, 2009, 7:09 AM

We,in this speak your mind global environment, can not tolerate truth and honesty from those who are not on the same wave length with the so called right to speak freely coalition. Take time to read your BIBLE and it is plain that though God loves everyone he gives us guidelines to live by. I applaud this young woman and for things that she has done there is ultimate love and forgiveness given to us by Jesus Christ who died for us on the CROSS as well as these that are confused and seeking something that is there for them in the love of God.