You don't have as much money to spend on the things you used to, but that doesn't mean your life can't be just as rich.
Here are some tips from psychotherapist and mom of two Jill Spivack for celebrating life's simple pleasures:
1) Exercise outside.
2) Do things that are fun without spending money.
3) Get together with friends.
4) Remind yourself of your blessings -- healthy kids, loving parents, good friends, beautiful surroundings.
5) Get in touch with nature.
6) Get in touch with your spirituality.
7) Get creative about fun things to do with your kids without spending lots of money. Do crafts like making a fort out of a big box, walk or hike, go to the beach or your local state park, cook together, do chores together, play music, or go camping. Family fun doesn't have to be expensive.
8) Host potluck dinners.
9) Remember what's really important in life: each other.
How are you dealing with the recession?
|Jill Spivack, MSW, author of "The Sleepeasy Solution" and co-founder of Sleepy Planet Inc., is a psychotherapist and mother of two.|
• Recession Survival Guide: Your Marriage
• Recession Survival Guide: Husband Lost Job
• Recession Survival Guide: Your Kids