Wake-Up Call -- Your Husband is Cheating

Sarah Symonds, foul-mouthed chef Gordon Ramsay's alleged mistress, gives it straight. Here's how to affair-proof your marriage.

man staring at woman in hotel room

Sarah Symonds: If a wife is in denial of her husband's possible affair, it usually means he is cheating anyway. To be in denial is to be insecure, and that means you will miss the early detection signs.

Also, men are attracted to confident women, so I urge all women not to be in denial -- as it is an unattractive quality. Do NOT think your husband will never cheat on you. Do NOT assume or take for granted that he is "just not the type." The wives who write to me for advice on their husbands' affairs have all kicked themselves for being so laid back.

Do NOT be in denial of your weight or of your appearance, as I can assure you, there is always someone younger and hotter ready to take your place in your husband's affections if you give him cause to feel unloved or second-best. Therefore -- although it is a lot to ask -- do NOT make your kids your life. So many men I have talked to, and known intimately, have told me that they didn't "want" to cheat on their wives, but due to their feeling that their wife made the kids her first priority, they felt left out and their own emotional needs were NOT being met. I believe wives need to act more like mistresses in order to keep their husbands hot for them, and them only.

husband about to cheat on his wife

My number-one tip is: BE THE WOMAN HE MARRIED!!! BE THE WOMAN HE WANTS TO COME HOME TO, NOT HAS TO COME HOME TO!

next: Jon Cryer's Ex-Wife Arrested for Child Abuse
Seth June 18, 2009, 4:39 PM

Some guys are going to cheat no matter what, it’s a statistical inevitability. And odds are good that if your husband is going to cheat on you there’s little you can do to stop it.

But at least if it happens you know it wasn’t meant to be. Not much consolation but I can’t imagine a marriage coming back from something like that.

Anonymous June 27, 2009, 3:22 PM

I always get frustrated by these kinds of debates - all the needs of each individual and each relationship in the family are important. The marriage is the foundation of the family, so a weak marriage will hurt the children. But children are immature and are developing so they have trouble with delayed gratification, and also their development can be hurt by too much delayed gratification of important and basic needs. Ideally, both the mother and father will be mature enough to delay gratification of their needs, but if the needs of the children are addressed, but the needs of the adults are not, the marriage and thus the whole family will suffer.

Zsiflgch July 1, 2009, 3:22 AM

Rzyd4y comment6 ,

anna July 4, 2009, 1:46 PM

to love and respect and at the same time show compassion and patience, these are the things really necessary especially when children come into the picture.
Remember it’s not only the wife’s responsibility to rear the children why is the husband sitting around and just expecting things he should be the head and the leader.
and in time they will learn to give each other the needed attention first then the children

Anonymous October 25, 2009, 5:29 PM

Gail Cooke really knows what she’s talkin’ about!!
I am recently separated as of Sept 13/09
I can totally relate to her advise.
Thank you…. Sandi Klein.
my husband of 8 yrs is a 2x cheater &
possibly a sex addict??

Valerie October 26, 2009, 10:24 PM

Marriage is a vow two people make to each other. Two become one. Children are a gift from God. In order for a marriage to last, both husband and wife must put each other first, then the children. Children will grow up and leave the nest but your mate is still there. Would a woman accept being second fiddle in a marriage? If not, then why would a woman expect her husband to settle for being second fiddle? Yes, your kids have needs, but your husband should come first.

fords November 5, 2009, 12:41 PM

Hi. I am a hacker. I can get you a myspace, facebook,yahoo,msn/hotmail, gmail, aol…etc password. I do charge money though,but will show proof i have it. Are you interested? please email me at fordf202006@yahoo.com

**I CANNOT RECOVER A LOST/STOELN/FORGOTTEN PASSWORD**

ford April 21, 2010, 12:03 AM

Hi. EMAIL ME!!! I’m hacker. Can get you a myspace, facebook,yahoo,msn/hotmail, gmail, aol…etc password. I do charge money though,but will show proof i have it. Are you interested? please email me at fordtrucks90@live.com (I was formly known as fordf202006 on yahoo but my account was deleted)

ford April 23, 2010, 2:26 PM

**I CANNOT RECOVER A LOST/STOELN/FORGOTTEN PASSWORD**

choosewisely May 31, 2010, 2:58 PM

Danielle: Your children are temporary, your husband is forever.. or until you die. Which is more important? Neglect the husband, the children shall surely suffer. It works the other way around as well…. neglect the wife, the children suffer. You should be number one to your husband, your husband should be number one to you!

Chase October 18, 2010, 5:31 PM

That was a different thought track. I like your finesse that you put into your post . Please do move forward with more similar to this.

Mrs Xrumer December 29, 2010, 7:18 PM

I tried but was unable to use the contact form to message you. Is there another way to get in touch with you?

high frequency hearing loss February 27, 2011, 2:22 AM

You made some nice points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will consent with your website.