Get a Load of These Slutty Prom Dresses

Prom night is almost here! Will your kid be attending as a teen tart? Here are some of the barely-there dresses that are being marketed to our daughters.

Don't worry: momlogic's got your back with fashion-friendly yet appropriate prom dresses that will keep Mom, daughter and wallet happy. Plus, here are six tips from psychologist Dr.Lisa Boesky on how to deal with those fashion fights.

1. If your daughter is under 16, do not purchase clothing you do not approve of. She won't be happy, but she'll get over it.

2. If she is over 16, negotiate on how sexy to dress. She may want a micro mini skirt and you want ankle length -- compromise with right above the knee. Allow her one sexy item versus an entire outfit.

3. Be aware of your own clothing choices--your daughter is paying close attention. If you dress much younger than your age, don't be surprised if your teen dresses more provocatively than hers.

4. Ask your daughter how she feels when she dresses sexy. Why does she display so much skin? Really listen...even if you don't like what you hear.

5. Ask your daugher to explain how her sexy outfit corresponds to her actual behavior. Does it send the message that she is available sexually? Is she even aware this is what boys assume?

6. Have her father -- or another man she trusts/respects -- talk with her about how boys view girls who dress overtly sexy (slutty, bimbo, airhead, material, etc) He should emphasize the 'sexiness' of subtlety and leaving something to the imagination. Want more advice from Dr. Lisa? Check out her book!

next: Eat Less, Exercise More -- Gain Weight?
Rachel May 6, 2009, 3:18 PM

OK, so the first dress on the slideshow was pretty bad, but what’s wrong with the other ones? Just because they are strapless doesn’t mean they are too sexy…give me a frickin break. Do you dress your teen in a turtle neck then? HOLY COW, get a life. Most of those dresses are perfectly fine!

Dels May 6, 2009, 7:14 PM

the gallery was a poor example in that most of the dresses were not so bad. A bit too short maybe for my own taste but the models had long legs so who knows. I think the poses were more of a problem. Why are photo shoots posing models inappropriately if they are trying to sell these dresses for young ladies going to prom and not a night on the Vegas Strip?
And I agree w/ the person who said the first pic looks photoshopped.

aescfordsm July 13, 2009, 9:55 AM

ces temperature sun cosmic seen

avrylottin July 13, 2009, 9:58 AM

allows increased variability burning galactic companies contends

Pharmd535 September 17, 2009, 10:18 AM

Very nice site!

Nicole November 18, 2009, 3:17 PM

Are you amish or something? Most of these dresses, while short, are not necessarily slutty.

Stefanie August 13, 2010, 5:03 PM

The dresses in that gallery were not examples of overly sexy prom dresses; they were examples of appropriate ones! Did anyone read the captions?!

Cierra September 5, 2010, 10:01 PM

hey listen .. if and when I decide to wear or dress slutty its my choice
im 15 btw , at home , indoors im allowed to be nude or wear my bikini . sometimes im allowed to mow the lawn also
its a personal choice
thx

Shawn Marchetti December 30, 2010, 4:15 AM

Hello I am experiencing a trouble reading your site, I’m given 403 errors extremely often, I am not way too clear as to the reasons however when I reload the page it returns right.

watch man February 15, 2011, 7:23 AM

Thank you very much, but you change the theme background color is a good idea gone bad. I’ll continue to follow captions

Criminal Defense Los Angeles March 22, 2011, 10:15 AM

Just killing some in between class time on Digg and I discovered your article . Not usually what I favor to examine, but it was absolutely worth my time. Thanks.

Truck Accident Attorney Dallas March 22, 2011, 11:06 PM

Now you may have your new site and you’re eager to begin making some gross sales! However, how can you make sales when you would not have high volumes of visitors to your web site?

free6 April 1, 2011, 9:43 AM

free6

teen sex videos April 1, 2011, 11:04 AM

lolitas

tabletki na pryszcze April 3, 2011, 7:23 AM

I am glad, that i found your website, there are a couple of cool articles

Anonymous May 9, 2011, 7:21 PM

im 13 and i think most of the dresses on the slideshow are hideous and tacky, i would never wear something like that to prom.