A Wearable Towel?!

This puts the Snuggie to shame! People are actually buying towels to wear as dresses. Don't believe us? We wish we were kidding!

wearable towel

Got a BBQ to go to and nothing to wear? How about taking versatile style to a whole new level by wearing the "Wearable Towel"? No need for a beach bag -- just throw on your towel in tunic or toga style -- then use it as a towel when you get to the pool or beach! Heck, you could have your whole family match, since the wearable towel is unisex. Seriously, this tops the baby Snuggie in a big way.

We are kidding, of course, but the makers of the Wearable Towel are not. They are selling the tunic/towel/toga for $19.95 and have a "how-to" video to match. They come in four sizes and three different colors: red, white, and blue -- how patriotic!

next: Breastfeeding Is Not for Me
jackie May 26, 2009, 4:59 PM

HILARIOUS!!!!! OMG

Michelle May 27, 2009, 11:06 AM

What a great idea!!!

Beth in SF May 27, 2009, 11:40 AM

Well, they have combined the apron and the bath robe. How convenient! The saddest part is this is some inventor’s life’s work.

v May 27, 2009, 12:13 PM

OMG! I just bought something like this. I thought it was a great idea. I didn’t however think it was supposed to be worn in public!! I bought it to use in the morning while I get ready since my regular towel always slips off when I wrap it around me. I will continue to use it for getting ready in the morning but will NEVER wear it in public!

MelissaB May 27, 2009, 1:27 PM

I think it’s pretty clever. It would be great for after the beach. You don’t want to put clothes on if you are sandy and damp, but don’t want to walk all the way to the car in just your swimsuit. If you can even find a beach bathroom, they are usually pretty gross. This covers and dries and you don’t walk around looking like you wet your pants. It would be great for at the house in between swims. I wouldn’t go anywhere but to and from the car though, that would be tacky. I don’t think I’d buy one, but will make these for myself and my kids.

benny May 31, 2009, 4:43 PM

What a great idea!! I will for sure buy one!

vicki June 18, 2009, 8:25 PM

the hardest part of getting up in the morning is trying to get out of bed. the way i do it is.using the handles bar of the wheelchair, and i can pull myself ot of bed sowly. and showering i use a kmart chair i have in the shower as i sit downon. dressing i use the wheelchair to dress myself , which it takes a while to dress myself.

jessica March 15, 2010, 7:32 AM

Wearable towels… i never thought about them this way. Usually i enjoy wearing bath robes, but only after i take a shower, i would never wear them in public, it would make me feel too uncomfortable and tensed. Well, i guess everyone decides for themselves on how to use them.