Yes, I Pack My Hubby Condoms

Here's why.

husbands wallet with condom in it

Natalia: "REALISM" is the word of the day. I have always secretly packed condoms in my husband's suitcase before he goes out of town. He's a professional athlete in the NBA, handsome, and completely normal. He says, "Sweetie, you don't need to do that," and I respond, "Just give them to the other players ... make sure they're safe." I understand that young guys (older ones too, LOL) can't always think clearly when their blood is racing from their brain to other places. I don't condone cheating and I make that very clear! Anyway, not having a condom isn't going to stop most men, they'll just have unprotected sex.

Of course, we married women want to believe that our husbands only have eyes for us. Don't get me wrong, your guy may be one in a ton of men that only sleeps with his wife. Congratulations, and continue to enjoy your happy monogamist life together.

Here's the bottom line: I'm the most important person to me! I'm trying to stay healthy. I may SOUND like one selfish bitch, but I'll tell you this ... if he brings something home that he didn't leave here with, I'll ACT like one crazy bitch! Sure, most men have good intentions and love their wives very much ... I know mine does. Most of the time, love doesn't have anything to do with it. Men are just wired differently. On their list of necessities, sex is up there with oxygen.

What do you think about this strategy? Tell us in the community!

Obviously, not every athlete cheats when he's on the road, but "women are vultures," according to one of the stars of the show Lisa Wu Hartwell, who is married to NFL player Ed Hartwell. Lisa said that "even though they know he's married, these crazed fans will go after him even more. They're at the hotels waiting for them." But Lisa thinks that it comes down to trusting that your mate will do the right thing. "There are lot of women that I know that don't trust their mates and have caught them cheating," she says, "and it comes down to deciding whether you will tolerate that behavior or not." Lisa feels blessed for being married to someone who is so family-oriented and says she wouldn't stay married just because of their lifestyle. "You have to have your own identity," she says. "And I believe that women that are too dependent on their spouse will tolerate a lot of things."

Angela Wilder, ex-wife to famous Laker basketball star James Worthy, knows all too well what it's like to "tolerate" a cheating husband. After her husband was arrested for soliciting a prostitute, Angela tried to stay and save her marriage, which ultimately ended in divorce. In her book, "Powerful Mate Syndrome," she writes, "I enthroned [my husband] as the king of my world and, rather than doing what it took to be a powerful queen, I assumed the role as the king's subject." Well, in my mind, this makes total sense. Just look at Queen Katherine who was married to Henry the VIII. She knew damn well that he was having an affair, and madly in love with Anne Boleyn, but she fought until the day she died to stay married to Henry anyway. Um, can you say crown jewels??? Hello! (BTW, "The Tudors" on Showtime ... love! Cannot wait for season 3!)

The point is, while I don't condone cheating, I can totally understand why these crazy rich women are staying in marriages knowing that their husbands have been unfaithful. And honey, if you read this, while I know you'd love to be a professional baseball player, can I just say: I'm sooo happy you're not.

Watch the second episode of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," tonight at 9PM ET/PT on Bravo.

next: Cigarettes May Be More Damaging to Women
Mrs Embers May 21, 2009, 11:02 AM

yeah… If I packing condoms for my husband would say pretty clearly that I don’t trust him, and that lack of trust would practically be permission to cheat. I can see a guy thinking, ‘she doesn’t trust me anyway… why not have the fun to go with it?’

I liked the analogy to buying teenagers beer and telling them you don’t condone drinking. Yeah…

Samantha May 22, 2009, 12:43 PM

Sounds like someone is cheating on their husband while he is away. I think that packing condoms for your husband is a good way to have a clear conscience for somebody.

- Wadopotato

I have to agree.

UrCrazy May 24, 2009, 7:50 AM

Excuse me??!!!!!!!!!!!!! Realism is the word of the day???? LOL I think you would be better off telling your self that DENIAL is the word for your marriage! This is strange for me to even comprehend that you think if you put condoms in his bag/wallet that you are protecting yourself, and him as well. What about your heart?Why do you not want to protect that? WHat about your marriage? Girlfriend, you need to get some therapy in between the times you take those trips to the drug store for condoms and packing them.
Good Luck in the future! you will NEED IT!
I don’t believe that just because he is in the NBA that he get’s permission to cheat. That is what he tells himself when you do things like that.

Me June 20, 2009, 2:35 PM

“On their list of necessities, sex is up there with oxygen.”

That was my favorite statement of everything here. If you dont have sex with your husband for weeks, that just like if he didn’t have an engaging conversation with you for weeks. It’s really that important to us, and lots of women like to ridicule or downplay that fact with statements like “All men think about is sex!”, because it just doesn’t make sense to them. Kudos to you for keeping yourself safe and seeing the imminent danger even before it has a chance to seed itself.

Xtrkpzbd June 22, 2009, 3:08 PM

GkwPeo comment4 ,

Mpkjxslb June 25, 2009, 10:17 PM

moDHF4 comment2 ,

A decent guy February 3, 2010, 8:47 AM

The only men that cheat are complete and utter scumbags. I feel sorry for you because you can’t trust your partner. I love my partner far too much to ever consider cheating.

Kammi April 21, 2010, 4:06 PM

In my opinion, condoning cheating can also come in the form of a husband disrespecting the marriage vows by cheating and when he gets caught, the wife is running behind him crying about “saving the marriage.” How can you save a marriage by yourself? His actions have already proven that he could care less.

At least she acknowledges the cheating is a possibility and is taking preparations not to catch a disease in the midst of it. I think the fools are those of you who find out you’ve gotten cheated on, cry and lose all self respect only to find yourself still with him and freaking out at the GYN’s office waiting for test results. This woman does get to live a lavish lifestyle. Many women will let a man walk all over her and cheat on her only to find themselves with nothing to show for it but a raggedy marriage she’s trying to “save” and a little shred (if any) of dignity. All wives of minimal self esteem need to take heed to her advice because if your husband cheats, you’ll just accept it anyway.

ElizabethFoley19 July 12, 2010, 2:11 AM

That’s known that cash can make people autonomous. But how to act if somebody does not have cash? The one way only is to get the credit loans or term loan.

diazepam December 1, 2010, 4:05 PM

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I’ve appeared for info of this caliber for the final several hours. Your website is significantly appreciated.

Easy Appetizers For Wedding Reception December 15, 2010, 12:55 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

Gielda Transportowa January 13, 2011, 4:46 AM

I like it! Greetings! Things you brought up a lot of sense.

bow window treatments January 25, 2011, 9:31 PM

What’s up my homie ran through a couple of your other articles and wanted to know if you would be up for swapping site links Thanks again for putting this up.

Torty February 1, 2011, 5:12 PM

Simply amazing article!!!

gry erotyczne February 1, 2011, 11:04 PM

I like this, its great.

Torty February 2, 2011, 1:00 AM

I like this, its great.

stomatolog Ostróda February 8, 2011, 8:31 AM

Wonderful work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my website . Thanks =)

stomatolog Opalenie February 8, 2011, 8:37 AM

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

orkiestra weselna February 19, 2011, 2:11 AM

This article feels incomplete, I find it to be a decent introduction to the topic. Nonetheless, thank you.

erotyka February 24, 2011, 2:17 AM

Waiting for the new article.