Autopsy: Caylee's Remains Were Not Moved

The autopsy report released in the case of Caylee Anthony reveals details of when her body was left in the woods.

Caylee Anthony

It's often been speculated that Caylee Anthony's first resting place was not off of Suburban Drive, where it was found by meter reader Roy Kronk. Theorists have pondered if a member of Anthony's inner circle could have been involved in moving the body to the wooded area long after she was killed.

That theory can now be put to rest. The autopsy report of Caylee was released this week despite objections from George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of the deceased toddler. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with the little girl's murder.

According to the gruesome findings, "The roots growing into the vertebrae and bags indicate that the body was placed there months prior to being found. There is nothing inconsistent with the body being placed there soon after the date of [Caylee] being last seen alive," concludes the report. Which means that Caylee's body, despite repeated attempts to locate her, sat alone on a wooded stretch of an Orlando subdivision from the middle of June until its discovery on December 11, 2008.

The report relays in excruciating detail the placement of duct tape on the toddler's skull and the remnants of clothing found on the scene. What was not included in the report, at least that which was released to the public, are two autopsy photos. Although under the Florida state "sunshine laws," most documents are released to the public, there is a strict law against the release of autopsy photos.

Autopsy Report FBI Report Forensic Report

next: Is Oral Sex Good for Your Fetus?
Pamala June 22, 2009, 9:12 PM

I just am so grateful the pictures weren’t released. To this day I don’t understand people’s obsession with seeing those types of things. It’s totally disrespectful. Anyhow this whole case in general just angers me. I’ll never understand how a mother could do this.

Anonymous June 23, 2009, 1:25 AM

I personally don’t want to see those pictures, I don’t need to …it doesn’t matter..everything that comes out on this case points to no one but Casey Anthony, period.

MarMar June 23, 2009, 9:53 AM

To whomever is reading this, do yourself a favor and don’t read the autopsy report. I just did and I’m in tears.

Tammy June 23, 2009, 11:52 AM

Thanks MArMar, I won’t.

sunshine June 23, 2009, 12:31 PM

I read part of autopsy report and had to stop. I am almost more mad at Cindy and George than Casey. They are still in so much denial that it sickens me. Casey is guilty and should be prosecuted. I believe the defense is going to have a real tough time here.

Caylee Admirer June 24, 2009, 10:32 AM

Casey knew she had killed Cayllee and put her in the woods near their home when she told Lee she had a gut feeling she was near. Lee should have been looking for her there himself. They all knew what was going on but was hoping the body would never be found or that there would be nothing left to do an autopsy on, or deteration enough to not have any drug information on.

pamela June 24, 2009, 11:12 AM

Did you see the interview (one of many) on t.v. a couple months back when George and Cindy and Brad straight faced said that they had read the autopsy report and there was NO TAPE!!!!!!! Wow, no wonder they didn’t want the report released I would have been up there poking my eyes so I could cry in front of the judge too. I am disgusted at the way the Anthonys continue to insult our intelligence.
……..

sunshine June 24, 2009, 12:01 PM

Pamela- you are right! The Anthonys have been lying for a while now, and they just hope that we buy into it. And they just keep lying to cover up for casey. She is going down.

Denise June 24, 2009, 1:59 PM

I read the reports because evem though I have felt Casey is guilty…I wanted to get all the evidence before concluding becuase I have followed this case from the start…it was very sad and disturbing but hopefully the truth will prevail and Caylee can rest at peace with justice served!

Barbara June 24, 2009, 2:02 PM

score 1 for the Defense when George was asked how many times he had been on television shows about this case. He had just been sniveling to the Judge about how all this information is destroying his family. My, how quickly he stopped crying! I LIKE THIS JUDGE!

Laurie June 25, 2009, 9:24 AM

Well, Casey told us all that “she is close - I feel it” - so we know she was there all along. I can’t help but blame the grandparents for not seeing the obvious and getting the truth out of her and getting her to tell where the body was so her poor little baby wouldn’t be eaten by animals. They just supported all the lies, which gave Casey more power to hide everything. They knew she was dead and kept covering up - knowing that that baby was disposed somewhere.

Pika June 25, 2009, 12:30 PM

I have read where the tape was over lapped over the babies nose and mouth…for those who doubt how awful a death this would be try putting duct tape on your own nose and mouth and stick it down tight…not a lot of air gets through….what a sad sad event. I do understand unconditional love and I do understand forgiveness…but this family has even tested my understanding.

Elizabeth June 25, 2009, 3:42 PM

Casey basically was telling Lee in that conversation, to “look” at places close to “OUR” family. She even told him to ask there mom; that statement right there say’s that prior to Caylee being found at least Casey had confided to her. That also explains why the Antonys were so comfortable living it up at the Ritz when the bones where discovered, I believe at that time Cindy, and Dominic Casey new for sure! who those bones belonged to.

Elizabeth June 25, 2009, 3:47 PM

I believe that there is a connection between Lee’s sudden disappearance; and Domonic Casey fighting tooth an nail to keep his phone records from being released. What I (DON”T)! understand is why the Judge won’t find him in contempt and have Domonic picked-up!

barbara July 3, 2009, 4:49 AM

it seems everyonne has convected casey .i know shes a liar and a theif but things dont add up the places she frequented all say she was attentive to her child . hers then friends were saying the same. all video shows this.what if their was a nanny and she did take her.and killed her. and casey trusted her so she just lived it up while she could without child,mom and dad. she stated that the nanny was to bring her back in i think 30 days.that was after her first arrest,when she didnt seem to care that she was being taking in handcuffs and in front of a judge with no tears. but after the 30 days she was in front of a judge in tears. also is the fact that for a relativly smart girl ,not a ding bat.she would have made some really stupid moves like 15 doors down. borrowing a shovel,wrapping the little girl in a blacket,a laundry bag and two black trash bags sounds a little much for someone she didnt want found.ahd then theres the talk she knows is being taped.and she incrimnates herself with ‘i feel inside shes close by’.come on her intelligence would have to be 50. it just dont add up. their is something we dont know yet.i dont know what. but if they gont find the killer and she walks her family will never trust her again .when her brother has children he wont leave them along with her just because. i see six months going by and her mom and dad wont have anything to do with her.im not saying she innocent but things just dont add up

Okie July 5, 2009, 5:07 PM

@Barbara
I really couldn’t make out what you posted. However, I would like to point out to yout that THERE IS NO NANNY. There never was and there never will be.

Kim July 11, 2009, 8:37 PM

I have just heard about her death not too long ago and just now have been following up on it. Poor sweet innocent child. Her only mistake was to be born in such a dysfunction family with a murderous mother.

Rest in Peace sweety.

aurhynn July 15, 2009, 3:03 AM

this poor child … my daughter turns 3 this august … this breaks my heart.

Connie April 7, 2010, 2:59 AM

When George Anthony wanted to take gas cans from Casey’s car,is it speculated that Caylee’s body was there at the time,or was it just the odor?

AMIE May 11, 2010, 8:01 PM