Cop Runs Over Woman Sunbathing on Beach

Associated Press: A rookie police officer was suspended for seven days for running over a woman sunbathing on a north Florida beach.

flbeachwom270.jpg
An internal affairs investigation released Wednesday by the Jacksonville Beach Police Department concluded that Officer Lewis Keller was negligent and at fault for the May 1 accident.

Keller was making a U-turn in his sport utility vehicle when he rolled over 41-year-old Anne Marie Giffin of Jacksonville. Investigators said Keller and another man lifted the SUV off Giffin while other people pulled her out.

Giffin was treated for a broken pelvis and ribs, along with head and spinal injuries.

Keller told investigators he didn't see Giffin lying in the sand, but Chief Bruce Thomason concluded that Keller wasn't driving safely.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: U.S. Family's Web Photo Ends Up As Czech Ad
Mel June 11, 2009, 6:16 PM

Lying on the beach get run over by a cop instant millionaire.

kitty June 11, 2009, 10:25 PM

No kidding!
That’s what I’d call a “lucky break” teehee.

Charity June 12, 2009, 1:17 PM

Mel & Kitty,

Are you kidding me? Lucky Break?
She almost died.
Anne Marie is my mom’s roommate and a friend of mine.

You should really think before you make insensitive comments for a quick laugh.

What if it was your friend or worse your daughter?

Mel June 12, 2009, 1:37 PM

Charity, calm down what was so wrong that was said? If it was my friend or daughter I would be thankful that they were alive and would have said the same thing and advise them to get a good lawyer. With so many horrible things that happen in this world if you cant laugh at life, life isnt worth living.

Charity June 12, 2009, 3:13 PM

Mel,
Believe me ~ I AM thankful she’s alive but she was on a respirator in critical condition for a month. I’m just saying that your words seem very insensitive. I’m sure your intention wasn’t to portray yourself that way.. I’m just telling you how it sounds. I can laugh at a lot of things but not something like this and I honestly don’t think you’d be making jokes if it were someone close to you. I was caught off guard by your comment… of all the websites I’ve viewed, this was the only one that said nothing about how traumatic it must have been for Anne Marie and mentioned a joke about becoming a millionaire. hmmmm?
It was in poor taste… that’s all I’m saying.

Mel June 15, 2009, 10:43 PM

No Charity that wasnt my intentions and I more or less read the article and commented on what I thought would be the outcome of the cops negligence. although I did think it was funny what Kitty wrote I can see why you wouldnt being so close to the situation. Good luck to your friend anyway I hope shes able to have a full recovery.

Forum grossesse March 5, 2011, 5:52 PM

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing slightly evaluation on this. And he the truth is purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you change into experience, would you mind updating your weblog with extra details? It is extremely useful for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog publish!