They try. Oh, how they try, but even on Father's Day, dads sometimes just don't get it.
Momlogic's Momstrosity: Back in the 60s, there was a show called Father Knows Best -- winner of the most ironic name for a sitcom in history. But I'm not here to slam dear old Dad. I think dads are GREAT. In fact, my daughter has one. He's also my husband.
In the role of Daddy, he always does an awesome job. Well, sometimes, um, every once in a while ... when I ask him ... nicely, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until I can't freakin' take it and end up doing it myself. But still.
Top 10 Reasons Father DOESN'T Know Best
1) Dresses the kids in flip-flops and shorts on a 45-degree day. (When the thermometer hits 100, he sends them out in fleece.)
2) Thinks "quality time" with his kid means watching "Jackass: The Movie" with his six-year-old son.
3) On the night of her first date, demands that daughter wear a turtleneck and a chastity belt.
4) When left alone with the kids to make dinner, serves cinnamon rolls on paper towels as the main course.
5) Nearly gets in a head-on collision with another shopping cart when playing "race car with your toddler in the driver's seat."
6) Insists on wearing his "World's Best Dad" T-shirt, even when it's filthy.
7) Loves to toss the baby in the air like a sack of potatoes, often grazing the kid's head on the ceiling.
8) Trying to keep up with his teenage son, throws his back out playing HORSE.
9) Instead of giving the kids a bath, he hoses them down in the backyard.
10) Actually believes "father knows best."