Jon and Kate File for Divorce

It's ovah!

People is reporting the news most of us suspected: the 10-year marriage of Jon and Kate Gosselin is officially kaput.

The mag reports the couple filed papers this afternoon at the Bucks County Courthouse in Pennsylvania. This is on the heels of a huge promotional campaign for their TLC show's so-called BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tonight.

Many have speculated that the couple have been living separate lives for a long time, especially after pictures surfaced in a magazine of Jon hanging out with young women at local bars.

There's no word yet on what type of custody arrangement the two will make for their eight kids.

next: Autopsy: Caylee's Remains Were Not Moved
Tiffany June 23, 2009, 12:51 AM

This is big news?? So what if they’re getting a divorce?! You know how many other families are broken up each day?? I feel sorry for these kids who are being exploited on television so that their parents can have luxuries for themselves! If their kids were top priority (as they say), they would’ve stopped doing this show to save their marriage a year ago!!!

Pamala June 23, 2009, 12:57 AM

I do have to say to anyone who says those with strong family values or morals will make it through any tough time in a marriage are just plain wrong. It’s easy to think that way until you’re living it realizing how out of control you are sometimes in these situations.

Christy June 23, 2009, 1:42 AM

Once children are born, marriage becomes more about the family and not the couple. If God truly was the third party in their marriage, then the adversity they face as parents would be managable. How could they both say they are doing what is best for their children if they divorce?? The best thing they could do is stay together and get over themselves.

HelpTheChildren! June 23, 2009, 2:14 AM

Divorce or not, the children have been suffering and will continue to suffer endlessly, and perhaps more traumatically now. The shame and embarassment of having their private moments shown on national tv will be detrimental to them at some point, if not forever. They have been shown partially nude (including their behinds and the girls chests), being punished verbally as well as spanked can be very embarassing for a child to have others see, let alone the whole tv audience. Now they will have their dealing with their parents divorce on TV? Will someone PLEASE put them first? Will someone (if Jon & Kate won’t) speak up for them and put their foot down and place restrictions on the filming of them? They obviously have no choice, although Kate has claimed that they can choose not to be in a room where filming is going on.. that can’t be the case for the many outings and vacations. And the paparazzi outside of their home. This was all caused by the parents. I hope the family courts can assign social workers to look out for the well-being of the children and to protect their rights.

ashley June 23, 2009, 10:13 AM

I am so sad for them. I was hoping they were going to announce that they were going to marriage counseling. It bothers me how open she is about everything. I wouldn’t want everyone to know every detail about everything. Nothing like airing your dirty laundry. When they said they were separating, I thought, Ok, maybe it is just temporary just to see where they’re at. Then at the end when it said they filed papers I was sad for them. I hope those kids all the best. I feel for them!!

mommy<3 June 23, 2009, 10:21 AM

If you remember from the season finale, Jon said he wanted to end the show and it was Kate’s idea to keep it going… so I blame her.

Cathy June 23, 2009, 10:58 AM

These are two extremely selfish people. They both should be ashamed of themselves. John just a few months ago made claims about his Christian values and look at him now. They both need to remember that God can take away as quickly as he gives. I for one will not watch this show again. This has quickly turned into a show about their selfishness and not about the children. Jon refuses to grow up-obvious from his appearance last night-and Kate continues to want to be the dominatrix she has always been. They in all reality should quit the show and get some Christian and biblical counseling and try to save their marriage. It makes me sick that they do this after all the hype about their marriage renewal show they did in Hawaii. Was it all a lie too? The only ones I feel sorry for is the kids having such selfish and ego maniacal parents. Jon & Kate should be ashamed of themselves.

Kristin - MotherProof.com June 23, 2009, 12:05 PM

As sad as it is that they’re becoming another statistic, I actually think Jon and Kate’s separation and divorce playing out on TV can help so many people going through it right now. Just to see the similarities and know they’re not alone can provide a sense of relief.

watching June 23, 2009, 8:21 PM

Give me a break people. No matter what is going on in this marriage. Yes Kate is bossy but John is just like poor me. No matter what your responsibility is to those children. Stay home and be a dad. Quit running around with young girls. BE A DAD!!!

Angela June 23, 2009, 11:02 PM

WGAF Kate and that hair that looks like Flock of Seagulls from the 80’s got hit head on by a lawn mower gets on my LAST nerve. She is a PIMP for what she does to make money off her family and Jon is a punk cause he never manned up to make her stop.

Amber June 24, 2009, 6:17 PM

SO SAD. I hope and pray they quit the show and work as hard as they can on getting back together. Every one of us humans has issues, no one should be pointing fingers, we should all be encouraging them to get their family back to whole.

Lisa June 24, 2009, 8:17 PM

They need to stop filming the show and start working on their marriage. They made the conscious decision to have these children. You would think they were deeply in love at some point in time. They need to stop being so money hungry and take care of the kids. Kate claims she needs to do the show for money. How about getting a JOB? Hell, they should have enough money from the show and the tabloids at this point to live off of it for a while. I feel so bad for the kids. Their parents are idiots.