Jon and Kate, I Don't Know How to Quit You

Momlogic's Julie: I know watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is wrong ... but it's like a car wreck. I just can't look away.

Jon and Kate Gosselin

There's still trouble in paradise for Jon and Kate.

In last night's first episode (shot two months before last week's premiere), it was Kate's birthday, and Jon was nowhere to be found. In fact, he was off in Utah snowboarding (allegedly with his mistress).

Kate got to go to Charm City Cakes, the bakery featured on the Food Network show "Ace of Cakes." After hugging Chef Duff, she said, "Oh, I'm sorry I'm acting like a FAN!" (as if she was a celeb and she couldn't believe she was acting like us normal folk). And she had to be talked into trying her own lemon birthday cake -- saying, "I never eat this stuff!"

Gag!

Kate makes it really easy to hate on her, but c'mon, Jon ... allegedly GOING TO UTAH WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND on your wife's birthday? That is LOW!

"It's freedom to me," Jon said about snowboarding. "I put on a helmet and goggles, and I'm free. No one knows who I am. It's a total escape from reality and TV world."

The second new episode was less explosive ... Kate took her daughter Madelyn to San Diego for a few days while Daddy (along with staff and crew) was left on the East Coast to tend to the other seven kids.

The only mention of last week's controversy was a prepared statement from Jon, which he delivered off-camera: "This season sometimes you'll see Kate and I interviewed separately, sometimes you'll see us together in the chair. It really depends on how things are going and we have really busy schedules, so, I mean, that's it."

It's pretty obvious watching this show that this couple is done. They've thrown in the towel and claim they are doing everything for "the kids."

Is this what separation and divorce looks like? Maybe. But I've never seen it this up close. And I just can't look away.

Can you?

next: An Anti-Aging Pillow? Oh Yeah!
brandy June 2, 2009, 2:54 PM

It showed that Jon took Cara to Utah with him, so why would he be with his mistress AND take his child along?

I’m sure there is trouble and things are happening but I have a feeling it’s getting a HUGE amount of spin from people who their 15 minutes as well.

brandy June 2, 2009, 2:56 PM

Jon said and they showed that Cara went with him to Utah.

Why would you take your kid with your mistress on vacation?

I don’t think he’s a saint by any means but I think there are some people out there cashing in.

Chavonne June 2, 2009, 3:21 PM

Give them time…they will patch things up as soon as Jon gets the “freedom” feeling out of his system. When that happens he will realize it’s all good back at the house with the family and will go back home.

megan June 2, 2009, 4:18 PM

jon took cara with in last season. he went back again this season.

pay attention people!

megan June 2, 2009, 4:19 PM

if any of you were paying attention, jon took cara with to utah last season. he went back there with “friends” in last nights ep.

Kayla June 2, 2009, 6:53 PM

come on give them some space people.. why do we feed on lies and gossip..

Kate June 2, 2009, 8:27 PM

So, I have a bit of personal beef with all of this. Please read my post at www.momtrend.com

Jenny June 3, 2009, 12:32 PM

You have to quit cold turkey!

JW June 3, 2009, 2:17 PM

I am glad it’s not just me I feel like such a hypocrite. I know that they are capatalizing on this and making even more drama for ratings. Is their marriage in trouble, duh?! Who didn’t se that coming, but it is so funny how the “Party crash” came out just before the season finale, and now the new “woman in the car” came out just before the season premire… so fishy… But I just can’t help but keep tuning in. In the end it’s the kids who will end up being hurt when they get older and become more aware. You can see it already in Kara and Matty. Grown ups can take the papparazzi and trash much more easier than a child can.