Jon and Kate is FAKE!

UPDATE: The AP got it WRONG!

Whoa! We didn't see this coming! The AP is reporting that in their divorce papers, Kate Gosselin claims she and husband Jon have been living "separate and apart" for at least two years. What about their show?!?

jon and kate live separate

Kate Gosselin filed for divorce yesterday, saying in court documents that her 10-year marriage is "irretrievably broken." She also says the couple hasn't been able to reach an agreement on how to divide their things -- like their homes, etc.

That's a far cry from the family people have welcomed into their homes on the hit TLC show "Jon and Kate Plus 8" -- portraying themselves as a happy couple. Remember the wedding vow renewal in Hawaii?? What a joke!

By allowing cameras to film their lives and the lives of their eight children, the Gosselins reportedly receive $75,000 an episode from the network. The show is now in its fifth season.

Last night's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT show was a ratings winner: nearly 10 million people watched Jon reveal that the couple had decided to separate.

next: 'Meth Mouth' Nothing to Smile About
RachelAZ June 23, 2009, 5:52 PM

Perhaps she meant in their lives, but not technically living away from each other. I’d have to read the entire paper and not just something that you take out of context.

Abbey June 23, 2009, 6:02 PM

I kind of want to think the best of them because I really did like what their show used to be, but to go on with the show and even claim that their marital problems have nothing to do with the show is absurd. I think they started out as normal people wanting to give their extra-large family things they would normally not be able to give them, but now it’s so sad to see the greed take them away from normalcy. The kids are the ones getting completely screwed, especially when you think about them in 10 years and then they have to see what is going on now. I still love seeing the kids, but I think I’m going to abstain from the show. Everyone has to stop watching for their family to survive.

Jen June 23, 2009, 6:21 PM

Most of these “reality” shows are fake. Not really a newsflash.

Lucy June 23, 2009, 6:21 PM

I agree with Abbey - these poor kids are not the focus of this show, it’s the greedy parents who are trying to get what they can out of the use of their kids.

We all need to stop watching..I did a long time ago.

jackie June 23, 2009, 6:22 PM

Ok haven’t we given them ENOUGH press? UGH! It’s getting worse than octomon!

I am so sick of them being treated like celebrities—they are fake and annoying and do not at all live a normal life— i don’t know anyone making 75k a week, do you???

ENOUGH!

overit June 23, 2009, 6:23 PM

you car about this stuff? seriously. I am not feeding into their fake drama or watching their show. They are using their kids and have them as their cash cows. Kate is NOT a good mother, and Jon needs to grow some you know whats.

Bruce June 23, 2009, 6:29 PM

Regarding the “separate and apart” for at least two years:

anonymouse June 23, 2009, 6:44 PM

is anyone honestly surprised to find out any aspect of their lives are fake? I mean, really. we’re kind of beyond what’s real and what’s not anymore.

blue June 23, 2009, 10:24 PM

Okay this is sickening to hear that kate wants to go on with the show. for god sake think about the kids you made enough money already. focus on taking care with the kids in private home. enough is enough you are becoming so greedy and annoying. get a life. the poor i could careless about you and your husband.

PD June 23, 2009, 11:27 PM

Jon and Kate need to quit the show and work on their marriage. Maybe do a couple specials a year. Their kids need both of them.

Vicky June 24, 2009, 12:54 AM

For the last 4 or so years, EVERYONE has heard that WOMAN—KATE— talk down to her husband, smack her husband, second guess EVERYTHING he did, make him bath the kids, dress the kids, put their shoes on, BRUSH their teeth etc. All the while she was sitting back and doing basically NOTHING. WAIT—I take that back. She was SUPERVISING! She would toss out 8 plates, scatter snack like food on them, throw them in front of the kids, FORCE them to eat the junk BLAH BLAH BLAH. Her husband may not have had an outside job, but honestly, I can not blame him for staying home. I think he was SCARED of what she would do to those children. He does have skills, as we have seen him taking apart beds, reassembling them,building swingsets, moving them, building shelving, and lots of other father like things around the home. At the same time he took over more traditional mother jobs, again bedtime stuff, tucking in kids, blah blah. If outside, he was running around with the kids, playing and helping them ride their bikes. MOTHER was rarely outside—but when she was—always sitting and barking orders etc FROM a CHAIR. I never had 8 children. I had 3. They were each one year apart, so at one point I had 3 children under 4. I am NOT SUPER WOMAN, but I fed them,played with them, dressed them, bathes them, tucked them in, cleaned house, did laundry, and LOVED my husband too. He worked fll time but helped out when home. OF COURSE, I knew he was tired from 10 hour days, so I didn’t bark or belittle him. I appreciated that he was doing his best to support us. I NEVER had NANNIES! PLEASE this is the part that is so LAME. I can see having 6 babies at once must have been hard. But these children are BIG NOW. WHY does she need help NOW! How come HE can watch those children by himself, but she NEEDS HELP????
NOT a fan of her because honestly I never saw a mother there. STILL don’t and never will!

nancy June 24, 2009, 9:13 AM

I am with Vicky, I have never seen a wife or mom in kate.

Charl June 24, 2009, 9:30 AM

Kate is so concerned about setting things right with her so-called “fans” that she is making statements like “Jon wanted the divorce” and not thinking about what that does to her kids. She is so unbelievably NOT concerned for those children. Who wanted the divorce is no ones business. SHUT UP KATE! BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AGAIN, THINK OF WHAT IT WILL DO TO YOUR KIDS IF THEY READ IT! GEEZ, this woman is incredible. PLEASE CANCEL THIS SHOW! PLEASE! SOMEONE HAS TO THINK OF THE KIDS. TLC, FOR ONCE, STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

tmooney June 24, 2009, 5:44 PM

I think the whole thing is a publicity stunt. On the one hour premier on Monday, June 22 Jon seemed way too happy to announce that he was separating from his wife and beautiful kids. He actually smiled for a second when he made the announcement. Watch! They will be back together soon.

Toni June 24, 2009, 7:00 PM

RUN JON RUN——-as fast as you can away from Kate. She will NEVER treat you as an equal partner. She will ALWAYS belittle you. Probably belittle you to the children now that you are no longer in the home. She WILL make herself into a martyr and love every minute of it. You are a good man and deserve better. Go make a family with a REAL woman who will appreciate you. RUN JON RUN!!!!!!

Marc June 24, 2009, 9:30 PM

There is a misunderstanding about the legal language on the divorce papers. There is a box that one can check regarding “living apart for two years,” but this doesn’t mean they have been living apart for two years up to that point. Checking the box causes the clock to begin ticking, so to speak. A Pennsylvania divorce can more easily be obtained if they’ve lived apart for two years, and that two year period would END in June 2011. The AP is a sophisticated organization and should have gotten these details right before blasting headlines everywhere.

Fashion Design October 1, 2010, 4:47 AM

As a member of your fashion sector, I salute you. I graduated Otis Parsons School of Design and am currently operating on building an on-line forum for those functioning inside the sector to hitch along. I am grateful to come across this post.