Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009

We are in shock. The King of Pop and father of three has passed away.

The 50-year-old singer died at an LA hospital this afternoon after having what was a reported heart attack. An LAFD spokesperson says he was not breathing when they arrived at the home.

Michael is survived by his three children, Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II. Michael Joseph Jackson was born August 29, 1958, the seventh child of the Jackson family.

A baby-faced young Michael debuted on as a member of legendary Jackson 5. After touring the world with his brothers, he broke out on his own in 1972. Five of his solo studio albums have become some of the world's best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995). "Thriller" was the best selling album of all time. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.

The moonwalking star's life has not been without controversy. He was married twice -- once to Lisa Marie Presley, in what was assumed to be a publicity stunt to overshadow the allegations of child abuse that beleaguered the pop star. He then married, and soon after divorced, the mother of his children former nurse Debbie Rowe. In 2005, Jackson was tried and acquitted of sexual abuse charges. He hold several Guinness World Records -- including one for "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time" Our hearts go out the Jackson's children.

next: Sixties Fashions Are Back!
Pamala June 25, 2009, 6:43 PM

This is just depressing. I know he may not have been the best of people but he had some great music. I feel for the kids too. So young!

Nell June 25, 2009, 7:04 PM

My heart and prayers go to his family.
May they have comfort in this time of pain.

Lisa June 25, 2009, 7:09 PM

Sad! His extremely creepy personal life aside, he was an enormous talent. The icons of my youth are dropping like flies!

Lorna June 25, 2009, 7:31 PM

SAYANG! Saddened by the news.I felt for the family.

steph June 25, 2009, 7:38 PM

So sad and shocking…even though the media keeps bringing up the bad about MJ…it is still so obvious that his music was huge—world known. Let the man rest in peace..and have respect for the family…stop bringing up the bad. The molestation will show it self in the story told about Michael Jackson…but for now let the man rest in peace. His music will live on..God be with his family.

Tiffany June 25, 2009, 8:16 PM

VERY SAD DAY!! A LEGEND LOST! : (

GPC June 25, 2009, 9:29 PM

It’s sad he died…but at least the children have a chance of a normal life now.

Anonymous June 25, 2009, 10:12 PM

Maybe the after-effects of all his cosmetic surgeries, and treatments killed him.
He was such a cute kid. But self-acceptance? No way!
Or maybe it was looking at Obama that did it. Hey, the President of the United States is black! Who wants to be white anyway!

anonymous June 26, 2009, 10:56 AM

You know what? The man died. I’m sorry for him and his family. I’m already SICK TO DEATH of hearing it. There are major crisis going on in the world right now, and all the news channels can focus on is michael jackson’s death? This will be all we hear for weeks, if not months and I’m saying GET A GRIP! People die every day. I attended a funeral yesterday of a dear family friend who was hit by a car. Why is this man, who by the way was very controversial, more important? America needs to focus here…that’s all I’m sayin!

kwame Afari June 26, 2009, 2:44 PM

i am 33yrs, i became a fun of micheal at the age of 5. ive loved him eversince. even more than my own parents. his death has really shatterd my life. i have been crying eversince. may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Micheal I love you!!!

calimommy June 26, 2009, 2:48 PM

kwame, If you loved a stranger more than your parents and said stranger’s death has shattered your life, you need to seek help from a mental health professional.

Takeitha June 30, 2009, 2:01 PM

I still believe that this a dream and i havent woke up from. I cant believe that Michael Jackson is gone. My prayers go out to the Jackson family. Michael was my idol then and my idol now. He will be missed and never forgotten. I miss you Michael!

Takeitha June 30, 2009, 2:05 PM

Watch Free Movies Online July 9, 2010, 2:41 AM

We love mj he actually is unquestionably the prince of pop! He will be sadly missed

estiseelece November 12, 2010, 3:20 AM

Michael Jackson This Is It. Michael Jackson Glove Michael Jackson Autograph Michael Jackson Hat. 1984 Michael Jackson Beat It Doll (still Sealed) Michael Jackson Pet Chimp Bubbles . Michael Jackson In Hat & Mic Adult Lg 42 44 Tshirt . Michael Jackson Making Of Thriller Vhs Tape 1983 .

jaiccatrets November 27, 2010, 12:52 PM

[url=http://collectibles-michaeljackson.com/deals/Michael+Jackson+Book/]Michael Jackson Book[/url]. Michael Jackson’s Orginal Concert Worn Hat . Michael Jackson White Glove Crystal Commemorative . Michael Jackson Thriller 12 Bonus Tracks . Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration 2 Dvd Set Michael Jackson .

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 4:49 PM

Nice info! Good reading. There’s one point to make about funny t-shirts.