twitter facebook stumble upon rss

Newlywed Alerts Family About House Fire

sign up for the momlogic newsletter Tweet This

Associated Press: A Connecticut newlywed is credited with helping save a family from a house fire while in her wedding gown.

bridefire270.jpg
Officials say Georgette Clemons had just left her wedding reception Sunday evening when she spotted smoke coming from a home in Bridgeport.

Clemons told The Associated Press she got out of the car she was riding in and ran to the home, then pounded on the door to warn the occupants.

Firefighters arrived and battled the blaze after members of the Eitelberg family were rescued. Meanwhile, Clemons folded her muddied wedding dress nearby.

Clemons says she messed up her shoes. But she says it's no big deal because the people inside the burning home are safe.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.


next: Summer on a Budget
1 comments so far | Post a comment now
RevSisRaedorah June 2, 2009, 11:24 AM

How can I contact this woman? I want to pay to have her wedding dress cleaned and preserved; and send her an online gift certificate to buy a couple more pairs of shoes!


Leave a reply:



(not displayed)

     




Avoid clicking "Post" more than once
Back to top >>
advertisement