An Open Letter to Jennifer Love Hewitt

Rachel Sarah: Oh dearest Jennifer ...

Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jamie Kennedy

I recently read that an insider told the Chicago Sun-Times that you and your beau, Jamie Kennedy, were shopping for an engagement ring. How sweet! You and your Ghost Whisperer co-star have really hit it off, since your split from fiancé Ross McCall late last year.

This week, however, you've quelled the wedding speculation. But apparently, you did say that "By this time next year, if we're not planning something, then there's a situation."

Yikes. I recently learned that pressuring a man to commit does not work.

But, Jennifer, I do get it.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't dare compare myself to you, but I know what it's like to want some public affirmation that you're loved.

I recently pressured my new beau to show me some love on Facebook -- as in, I asked him to publicly declare that we're "In a Relationship." And honey, I learned firsthand that requiring a guy to commit in public just doesn't work.

He declined, saying that he's private -- and our love life is personal, not Facebook material. (Yes, I do realize that you can select "In a Relationship" but not list the other person. That way, he'd get his privacy, and I'd feel good about declaring it.) Still, we had a good three-day quarrel because I couldn't see why he wouldn't want to make us public.

As women, don't we all want to broadcast to the world that we're loved?

At the end of the day, Jennifer, however, it's not about an engagement ring or your Facebook status. It's about how you treat each other.

I urge you to keep your I-want-to-get-married talk behind closed doors. Are you all with me here?

next: Man in Women's Bathing Suit Harasses Girls
kitty June 10, 2009, 1:53 PM

She just likes to talk a lot of smack that will make people look in her direction.
Remember when she tried to convince us all she’s a size two?
Oh, honey… *gasps with laughter*… ohhh honey no!

Bones June 10, 2009, 2:20 PM

Please - get a life and stop reading tabloids to base your blogs posts on. Makes you look idiotic.

I Ivy June 10, 2009, 4:00 PM

Some say this is a “fauxmance”…in
other words,a deliberate publicity
stunt.

Look at JLH’s dating past…and view
it with that angle…it makes sense…

Of course,rebound relationships rarely
work anyway…This seems to be too much,
too soon,and TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

Charm June 10, 2009, 4:19 PM

FYI the engagement rumors etc are all false. Don’t believe everything your hearing.

Just not that in to you June 11, 2009, 8:04 AM

You need to stop worrying so much about what people (who you don’t even know) are doing and worry more about why your “boyfriend” won’t even commit to changing his facebook status to “in a relationship”. Sounds to me that he really isn’t that into you as you may think.

You're single June 12, 2009, 10:41 AM

I doubt you are one to really be giving any kind of relationship advice since you don’t even really have a beau. FYI - He’s not your boyfriend if he won’t even change his status to “In a Relationship”. That has nothing to do w/privacy. Either he believes he’s in a relationship or he doesn’t. Quite clearly he doesn’t believe that.

Isabel July 6, 2009, 2:35 PM

Could not agree with you more. Jennifer reminds me of me 10 years ago, can’t be without a boyfriend ever so goes from relationship to relationship, I doubt her rebound relatio with Jamie Kennedy will last

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 6:35 PM

Good info. Enjoyable reading. I have got one opinion to offer about shirts.