Moms Love 'Weeds'

Ande Dagan: Suburbia's slickest weed-dealing mom is back and already caught up in the thick pot smoke of things.

Season five picks up right where season four left off. Nancy, having ratted out Guillermo, has been called over by her Mexican gangster boyfriend, Esteban. When he shows Nancy a picture of herself talking to the Feds, Nancy one-ups him with the mommy-to-be's Facebook profile picture du jour: an ultrasound. Her ultrasound. With his baby.

Weeds

Meanwhile, in a village somewhere down south, Celia is being held captive by her estranged daughter and her hot-white-guy-playing-a-Mexican boyfriend. The boyfriend, Rudolfo, goes through Celia's phone book and makes calls demanding ransom for her life. One by one he gets rejected, as everyone who has ever come in contact with Celia hates her. Rudolfo should have called me. I love that bitch.

Esteban decides to let Nancy live, since she is his baby mamma and the star of the show. She goes home to brother-in-law, Andy, who decides they should all move to wonderful Copenhagen where they'll be safe and happy. He then confesses his love for Nancy, who retorts, "I'm pregnant."

In the meantime, Nancy's two kids, Shane and Silas, are hot to follow in their mom's pot-dealing footsteps. Shane is slinging weed at his junior high library while Silas is gearing up to start growing his own crop along with Andy's stoner friend Doug in a nearby forest. And now that he's eighteen, it's officially okay to talk about how incredibly hot Silas is.

So basically everyone is tangled up in some sort of mess -- or about to jump into one. At one point during the half-hour show (why is it so short!?), my roommate turns to me and asks, "Why is Nancy such a dumb ass?" The thing is, she's not. In a world surrounded by men, Nancy Botwin holds her own. I won't get into the debate over whether she's a feminist hero or a terrible mom or neither. But if I were caught in some compromising ridiculous situation, I would call upon The Secret to grant me the charm and wisdom of Nancy Botwin in order to get out of it.

Next week -- craziness and hilarious one-liners by Kevin Nealon ensue.

charme March 9, 2011, 11:46 AM

I picture this could be diverse upon the written content? even so I still imagine that it usually is appropriate for nearly any type of topic material, as a result of it might often be pleasant to resolve a heat and delightful face or perhaps pay attention a voice when preliminary landing.

vimax pills March 9, 2011, 1:30 PM

Great post! I?m just starting out in community management/marketing media and trying to learn how to do it well - resources like this article are incredibly helpful. As our company is based in the US, it?s all a bit new to us. The example above is something that I worry about as well, how to show your own genuine enthusiasm and share the fact that your product is useful in that case

mbt chapa shoes March 9, 2011, 3:50 PM

discount christian louboutin

hearing treatment March 9, 2011, 6:20 PM

Hello.This article was really interesting, especially since I was browsing for thoughts on this topic last Friday.

Keith U. Dunn March 9, 2011, 6:58 PM

Intriguing

regeneracja sterowników Y17DT March 10, 2011, 9:45 AM

Can I just say what a aid to seek out someone who really knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know the right way to bring an issue to mild and make it important. More people have to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more in style because you undoubtedly have the gift.

Malcolm Schwuchow March 11, 2011, 2:06 PM

I enjoy you taking the time to write this post. It is quite beneficial to me in fact. Enjoy it.

vimax March 11, 2011, 6:00 PM

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article

forum o bykach March 12, 2011, 5:27 AM

Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

produkcja zwierzęca porady March 12, 2011, 10:34 AM

After I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you may remove me from that service? Thanks!

Spiritual Network March 12, 2011, 1:42 PM

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

brain teaser March 12, 2011, 4:40 PM

This was very informative. Keep up with good posts.

webhosting joomla March 13, 2011, 12:49 AM

I assumed it was likely being some unexciting old report, nevertheless it definitely compensated for my time. I most unquestionably will post a link to this article on my web page. I am convinced my visitors are planning to find that realistically helpful.

Serafina Holshue March 15, 2011, 11:13 AM

Hello! thanks for the nice writing style. Keep it up!

CieAura March 15, 2011, 6:34 PM

Interesting; what about incorporating a few clips to the posting I feel this may possibly increase our information great work

Baju Online March 16, 2011, 12:05 AM

I really like what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and reporting! Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

חשבתם לקנות מתנות לילדים? אתר האינטרנט allgifts הוא הכתובת שלכם, עם מאות מתנות מפתיעות, שלא תמצאו בשום מקום אחר.

language exchange malaysian March 16, 2011, 4:00 PM

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service? Bless you!

Lynelle Vanstrom March 16, 2011, 11:41 PM

After a minute, regular commenters begin to make a community. It starts to feel intrusive to insert yourself.

hcg diet March 17, 2011, 6:28 AM

Which Really simply syndication subscriber would you suggest to subscribe for your web sites rss feed?