Does This PSA of a Kid Eating Poo Stink?

A British campaign has some people crying "FOUL!"

Talk about sign pollution. Giant posters have turned up in Torbay, a small town in the U.K., that advise dog owners to clean up after their pups or face a fine.

The PSAs depict a small girl with what appears to be dog feces (but what we hope is actually chocolate syrup) on her face, with the caption "Children will put anything in their mouths." Dave Butt (yes, that's his last name), a rep from the town's community services council, says he has received no complaints about the posters. Really?!

poop-psa.jpg

next: Sotomayor Denies Bias in 'Wise Latina' Remark
monica carbajosa July 14, 2009, 9:07 PM

omg that is one sick ad!

RachelAZ July 14, 2009, 10:38 PM

Really? You don’t think that gets the point across? I mean, I can understand being upset if the girl was actually forced to eat dog feces to make the ad but come on!!! It makes people think!!

Krystine July 15, 2009, 1:47 AM

I like it, gets the message across just fine, she’s not actually eating poo so what’s the big deal? It’s true, kids will put anything in their mouths. If you’re a dog owner, and you saw this, wouldn’t YOU be more inclined to pick up after your dog? Yeah, me too, and isn’t that the point?

Mercaties July 15, 2009, 2:18 AM

As long as she’s not actually eating real poop, Which I’m assuming she isn’t I don’t see a problem with it. There’s nothing more irritating than when your kid steps in dog poop at a playground, at least their doing something about it.

Tamara July 15, 2009, 10:11 AM

I’m quite sure this child is not really eating poo. But it does get the point across in a clever and graphic way - so what’s the problem? I hope you don’t think such ads should have to run a disclaimer stating the obvious, like: “No child was forced to eat poo in the making of this poster….”

damnation July 17, 2009, 7:24 PM

One sick ad, i felt like puking while watching this. And the name Dave Butt certainly is a good last name for a poop fetish like himself.