F*** Michael Jackson and Facebook!!

I am so sick of seeing seemingly intelligent people Facebooking about how sad it is that Michael Jackson is dead. So sick, in fact, that I deleted my Facebook account so I no longer have to know how stupid people really are!

woman smashing her computer

Radical Mommy: Call me a bitch -- plenty of people have, and I really don't care -- but Michael Jackson was a junkie and a pedophile, and to be perfectly honest, I think his 3 children are better off without him.

I know that is harsh, but if he wasn't the so-called "King of Pop," there is no way that he wouldn't have been thrown in jail a long time ago and been reviled by society -- just like all the other child predators and drug addicts out there.

When I heard the news that Michael Jackson was dead, I wasn't surprised -- I was a reporter during his first child molestation case, so I knew all about his love of little children and what he did with them -- including having sleepovers with them in his bed and giving them wine, which he called Jesus Juice. Just because he wasn't convicted of anything doesn't mean it's not true -- just look at O.J., who I, along with millions of other people and the civil court who found him responsible for the deaths of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, believe to be guilty.

When Michael Jackson died, I turned to my Facebook page and posted something to the effect that we, as a nation, were under threat of a nuclear bombing from N. Korea and our men and women are being killed in Iraq daily, yet the world stops spinning on its axis the minute Micheal Jackson, an accused child molester and junkie, dies. Nice!

Some people agreed with me, and as you can imagine, some didn't, and that's fine, but it started me thinking: would they let their kids have a "sleepover" at Uncle Mikey's house? Would they? And if they wouldn't, then why do they think he's so great and it's such a loss to the world?

When I queried people, all they had to say was that he was such a great musical talent, and had broken down color barriers in this country, blah, blah, blah. Now, I agree that Michael Jackson was supremely talented -- no one in their right mind could disagree. But does that overshadow the fact that he was investigated for child molestation twice -- including the time Jackson settled with the family out of court and paid them $20 million? Why would he pay the family if he was innocent?

Then there was the second accusation against him. When was the last time you or someone you know was accused of child molestation? Not once but TWICE! Never, I'll bet. Some people might argue that Jackson was accused because people are after his money. Well, let me tell you people something: Tom Cruise has never been accused of molesting a child, John Travolta has never been accused of molesting a child, and for that matter, no other celebrity, other than Gary Glitter, who was accused of having sex with underage girls, has been accused and investigated for crimes against children. How's that!

So when I started seeing people announcing on Facebook that they had joined a Michael Jackson fan club, were dancing around to his music, or were just plain sad about his death, it truly sent me over the edge -- so much so that I deleted my Facebook account so I would no longer have to read people's ridiculous, boring, self-aggrandizing musings, thoughts, and witticisms.

I am a big believer in "You are what you believe." If you are pro-life for yourself, then I'm fine with that, but the minute you say that you think no one should be allowed to have an abortion -- then I choose not to be friends with you. If you think that gay people shouldn't be allowed the same human rights as anyone else in this country -- then I choose not to be friends with you. If you think that anyone is lesser than you because of the color of their skin or their religious beliefs -- then I choose not to be friends with you. If you hate animals -- then I choose not to be friends with you.

And if you think Michael Jackson was someone whose death is worthy of being sad about -- then I choose not to be friends with you!!

next: Take the Marriage Test -- Do You Pass?
mommy<3 July 15, 2009, 3:13 PM

VERY well said!!!!

tiff July 15, 2009, 3:19 PM

Wow , how does it feel up there on your Ivory Pedestal?!

Sophie July 15, 2009, 3:20 PM

With all due respect, YOU are the sick one. Michael Jackson was a legend and an innocent man. And I feel happy your facebook “friends” are no longer your friends. :)

Sophie July 15, 2009, 3:22 PM

Sandy July 15, 2009, 3:46 PM

If your child was molested would you settle for money or would you still want them to get put under the jail ? Well, parents wanted money…

Michael’s insurance company acted on his behalf without his consent and payed a settlement due to him going into depression himself after the allegations, in order to continue on from what they felt was not a profitable Michael Jackson.

The first kid’s mother was convicted of scamming other organizations after the trial, and the second kid’s father was recorded speaking about what he was doing to ruin MJ’s life…

There’s a website called THE SILENCED TRUTH dot COM where you can read about his humanitarian side. He did for people more than nobody will ever do, donating more than 300 million dollars to charity. Does he deserve recognition? Yes, he does. And he died being the loneliest man in the world.

I’m not an American citizen and don’t live in the US either, but as far as I know, Michael Jackson was cleared off all charges by a justice system American people should respect. Or do American people not respect their institutions any more?

BTW, on July 24th he is to be honored in Austria with the first Save the World Award and these people do not give awards to a nobody…

Connie July 15, 2009, 4:07 PM

I totally agree! I couldn’t have said it better myself. Im sick sick sick of the Micheal Jackson saga. good ridance child molester junkie!

Camille July 15, 2009, 4:15 PM

Not sure I get where all the rage is coming from. What you fail to understand is that people are more than likely mourning the passing of someone who brought great music to the world. I don’t necessarily think they’re mourning the man…does anybody outside of his family know who the real Michael was? We can only guess. Why do you chose to focus your anger on just him alone in regards to the molestation accusations. Are you focusing that rage on the parents as well? I know I for one would NEVER leave my child alone with a stranger, especially overnight. Hmmm makes me wonder why you really are disgusted with this man.

Pamala July 15, 2009, 4:41 PM

I absolutely hate when people think it’s their place to dictate how people can and cannot react to someone’s death. Like it or not the man was a legend and people loved him.

If tomorrow my Dad passed away and someone who loved him was upset I sure wouldn’t tell them they were wrong to do so just because he’s a drug addict/drunk and a horrible person in general. Obviously to that person he was more than that.

Think of it this way. Say tomorrow your mother died. How would you like it if someone that hated your mother (rightfully or wrongfully) told you you can’t grieve? I’m sure you wouldn’t like that at all.

So perhaps you should step back and look at how stupid you just made yourself look. I think your “friends” are better off without you if you’re going to judge something like this so harshly and frankly they aren’t the stupid ones.

Whether he was innocent or guilty he had a family, friends, and a fan base and frankly that’s something that has to be accepted.

Lacey July 15, 2009, 4:47 PM

Then I chose not to be friends with you!
I’ve been a fan, for years and I’ve always stuck by him, when the going when rough. I think that you only know about a man that was torn apart by the media. I bet you didn’t even know that he holds the record for “Most Charities Supported by a Pop Star” 39 charities, worldwide and in the 300 million dollar range.

Caryl July 15, 2009, 4:59 PM

There’s no logic in the contrast of your last paragraph (or, second to last) in conjunction with the last line. For one example, you say, “If you are pro-life for yourself, then I’m fine with that, but the minute you say that you think no one should be allowed to have an abortion — then I choose not to be friends with you.”

I translate that to mean, you can have your own opinion, but if you’re not open-minded to allowing others to have their own varied opinions, then you don’t want to be friends with them.

Then you end with, “And if you think Michael Jackson was someone whose death is worthy of being sad about — then I choose not to be friends with you!! Now you refuse to be friends with anyone who is open-minded with an opinion of their own — who doesn’t agree with you!

I gather that you won’t be friends with someone unless they are open-minded. Yet, if they are open-minded you won’t be friends with them. Huh?!?

Secret Mommy July 15, 2009, 5:00 PM

Totally agree. I posted a similar note to yours on Facebook that day and got SHOT DOWN by a bunch of mourning Jacko fans. Some of my friends on opposite sides of the debate even started fighting! I think it’s all outrageous. With all that is going on in this world, I too, have no room for mourning any pop star, really. But especially one embroiled in the type of illicit behavior Mr. Jackson was.

A.T. July 15, 2009, 5:08 PM

The boy in the second case against michael came out and stated that it was all a lie and that his parents told him to lie for money. Which leads me to believe that the first case was a lie also. Come on people do you think this man would be walking if there was any evidence that pointed to him him being a molester.

Tammy July 15, 2009, 5:32 PM

You are right, you are a total BITCH, and a disrespectful one at that. You didnt know him or anything about him, only what you read in the tabloids. Lord help your soul because you need a blessing when your time comes. Trailor Park Trash is what you are. Your parents evidently didnt raise you right or something is very wrong with you. RIP MICHAEL JACKSON,,,,KING OF POP! Love Tammy, in Tennessee

Lucy July 15, 2009, 5:46 PM

I could not agree more with you Radical Mommy, thank you for sharing!

Sandi July 15, 2009, 5:57 PM

What an idiot you are. You are doing your friends a big favor. Now they don’t have to waste a call to you to say they no longer need or want you as a friend. I’m sure they are not going to be too upset about not having any more contact with a judgmental fool such as yourself.

anonymouse July 15, 2009, 6:06 PM

Uh, MJ was never found guilty. And in both cases, parents being in on it were a big part of them. In 1993, in a taped phone conversation, the dad talked about how they’d get everything they wanted and ruin Michael. In the 2005 one, the mother of the kid had, in the past, coached her kids to lie when she stole from JC Penny. These are obviously very dishonest people. Despite the fact that they’d said great things about Michael when he was helping their sick kid - a cancer patient. Then they turn around and stab him in the back. Michael had VERY few REAL friends because people wanted money out of him in some way or another. If you saw any videos with Michael interacting with kids, you’d see how innocent it is. I have a lot of friends who are great with kids and either do or don’t have any kids of their own, and MJ participating in games and play with those kids looks just the same as when my friends do it. And what disgusts me even more is, sometimes my guy friends who love kids get really weird looks from people - usually women! Just because a guy plays with kids does NOT make him a pedophile! It’s disgusting that people would automatically assume that. People like that should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

‘Michael settled in the first case, obviously he’s guilty.’ Really? If your kid was being molested, would you just ‘settle’? Wouldn’t you want justice? Michael’s lawyers suggested he settle. He was on tour. He was afraid it would turn into the long, drawn-out case like OJ’s was. He wanted to get on with his life. So he settled. He could, after all, afford it. And that family certainly ‘got everything they wanted.’ They’re living rich now, on Michael’s ruined reputation. I hope Karma gets them for that.

How many have been accused twice? Well, how many people do you know have the kind of money Michael did? Especially with his personality (way too trusting)? Michael, unfortunately, was perfectly set up for people to get money from him in any way possible - and they did, the molestation cases included. He had all kinds of suits against him from former employees. He didn’t even know what it was like to have a real friend until he was TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD! Can you imagine? I don’t think you could. He had no childhood. He didn’t have friends. Never got to have sleepovers. All because of his fame. But he loved performing. He loved his fans incredibly deeply. In an interview when asked about fans going at him in public, he said he lets fans touch him as long as it’s in a good way, because that’s how some people show their love. He’d give them autographs and hugs because that’s what they wanted. And he loved kids. I love how you ask if we’d let our kids stay over there. I would, yes. And obviously these kids parents were okay with it, otherwise they wouldn’t be over there. Obviously they trusted Michael and saw no reason not to. Even after the first case. And again, would you merely just settle if your kids had been molested? Wouldn’t you want justice? Would you really just say, ‘Oh, okay then. Just give me the $20 million?’ I honestly can’t think of a single person who would. The dad, in order to get that money, signed a document basically saying what Michael said (proclaiming his innocence) was truth. And again, he settled on the advice of his lawyers and from wanting to get on with his life.

Think what must like to be Michael. You have a love of children all your life. You can afford to entertain kids. You let them come over to your house, either because it’s a Make-a-Wish Foundation type thing (some were), some other charity, or because of the goodness of your heart and your love for kids. He’s said he saw the face of God in children, which is why he loved them so much. They were non-judgmental. He didn’t really have a childhood. A psychologist that examined him said he had the mindset of at 10 year old, I think? What 10 year old is going to sit around thinking about bringing kids to their house to diddle them?

Michael was very giving. Sometimes to his own detriment, like hanging his youngest tson, Blanket, over his hotel balcony - his fans just wanted to see his baby closer, and he said yes. It was obviously a very poor choice, but that’s just how Michael was. He was too nice, and hardly ever said no. People unfortunately used this to his disadvantage.

It makes me really sad that you’ve believed the media’s negative hype like that and not done any sort of your own research. I used to be like you. I’m glad my mind was at least open enough to change. Let go of your ego for five minutes and actually look into these things before spouting off your uninformed opinions and only spreading the disgusting things said about him.

All talent aside - Michael was a very loving, giving, caring, kind-hearted person who had a hard time saying no to people. After his kids, his fans were the most important thing to him. He gave everything to them - to the world. Not only does he hold Guinness records for album sales, he also holds them for amounts given to charity. And this is how we treat him? He was a little boy who lost his childhood and only wanted it back. He talked about not having a childhood a lot. It was obviously a big issue for him. I feel so sorry for him. He’s been called probably the worst thing anyone can be called - a pedophile. Can you imagine how heartbreaking that must have been to him? With his love of kids? All the good things he did for them?

I really suggest you look into this more. Seriously. At least watch ‘Michael Jackson’s Private Home Movies.’ They’re all on YouTube. His wonderful personality shines completely through.

I still feel bad for him with that interview he gave to Martin Bashir. Despite the fact that before the documentary was released and Bashir spoke HIGHLY of Michael, and what a wonderful father he is, he turned around and turned his documentary in a disgusting, hate-filled piece of trash.

RIP, Michael. I hate that even in your death, people are still treating you like a monster.

As if I didn’t like the media as it were - just looking at how they treated someone as wonderful as Michael (again, all talents aside) into a ‘horrible’ person.

PS: I’m not really even a fan. I was when I was a kid and eventually stopped listening to him. I still like a few of his songs - they’re classics, of course. And his overall talent cannot be denied. But I used to think disgusting things about him as well. Until I heard someone talk about how wonderful Michael seemed in a certain video. So I looked at that video. He was completely different from what the media portrayed him as. So I looked more into it. And I discovered I was wrong. I hope you do, too.

anonymouse July 15, 2009, 6:09 PM

apparently my comment was too long. I’ll post the rest as allowed:

(continued)

littlepeapie July 15, 2009, 6:09 PM

Regardless of how anyone feels about his innocence/guilt, contributions,etc. he was an entertainer, not a person to be worshiped. We need to acknowledge the death of a person, his contributions and move on….there are other things going on in the world! At one time, People.com had 11 stories about him on their homepage!

anonymouse July 15, 2009, 6:10 PM