Fake Memories to Last a Lifetime

Don't let the recession get in the way of turning your kid into a world traveler -- just use Photoshop!

Momlogic's Momstrosity: I would like to pass on my passion for travel to my child. If I had it my way, I'd want to traverse the entire world with my 3-year-old in tow. Problem is, there's no way I could afford it, and traveling with young kids is a huge hassle. So far, her vacations have consisted of camping locally. Not bad ... but I wish I could do more.

But would she even remember if I schlepped her to the ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru, or took her for a walk on the Great Wall of China? Probably not. Sure, we think we remember stuff we did from when we were little, but the fact is, most of our childhood memories are jogged by stories we hear from relatives and looking at pictures. Without a visual representation of our early experiences, I doubt we'd recall much about our preschool days.

That's where computer graphics come in! With a little know-how, you can easily produce an entire scrapbook of memories for your kid -- without spending a cent. It's really easy. Check out all the places I haven't taken my daughter -- and the best part is? She'll never be the wiser.

Bonjour! Lily in Paris.

Trekking across the Sahara.
Lily visits an active volcano!
Hanging out with the Masai herdsmen of Tanzania.

At 24,500 feet at Everest Base Camp in Nepal. Next year she'll make it to the top!
Skydiving over Italy.
Original image

next: Talking Dirty Saved My Relationship
Amy July 30, 2009, 9:39 AM

Too funny…

abbi July 30, 2009, 9:59 AM

as an actual graphic designer, i’m pretty much appalled you are trying to pass this off as a perk of photoshop.
your terrible cut+paste+erase jobs are painful, and any person with even 1 IQ point of artistic intelligence would try to colourmatch atleast a LITTLE bit, or at the very least, not put her hovering on a volcano that was clearly shot at night.
ugh, these are depressing.
people like you prove why we need graphic designers and other talented illustrators in the industry, just because you can SORT OF use a program doesn’t make you qualified.
guys, REAL qualified designers and artists are the way to go.

Lisa  July 30, 2009, 6:14 PM

Hilarious!

Oh and Abbi… it’s a joke!

Laura July 30, 2009, 8:43 PM

very nice! LOVE the tongue-in-cheek poke at the current economy.
Abbi,honey,BREATHE. and AGAIN. Soon you’ll be able to move past the fear & anger & be able to laugh again. We hope.

Jen H July 30, 2009, 11:08 PM

I hope this is a joke. I mean HONEST to GOD, DON”T you THINK that YOUR daughter would look back at the pictures and NOTICE that she has THE SAME outfit on? This is abuse, flat out. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOODNESS SOMEONE TAKE THIS MOM’S CHILD AWAY ONCE AND FOR ALL AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!!!!! The PLASTIC SURGERY. The BUSH GOODBYE. AND NOW SUBJECTING YOUR CHILD TO FALSE MEMORIES AND A SHODDY PHOTO SHOP JOB???!!! What’s next…a trip to Chuck E Cheese? OH WAIT!!!! You already did that!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! CALL THE KID POLICE! AHHHHHHH [blood vessel bursting]

anon July 31, 2009, 3:45 AM

Wow…maybe Jen’s kids should be worried mommy will have a heart attack.

my guess is that anyone with ANY IQ should be able to tell that this was done as a joke and not meant to be professional quality or real.

When there are real kids out there truly being abused in horrible ways, why are we worrying about a mom that is trying make us smile. Clearly these are not meant to be believed- just read/watched and enjoyed.

Anonymous July 31, 2009, 3:48 AM

wow- where can I get a pair of flip flops that i can wear both mountain climbing in the snow AND on a flaming volcano?!?!?!

Josh L. July 31, 2009, 5:43 PM

A horse/unicorn shirt at Base Camp? That’s just gauche.

Also, that image really isn’t that “Original.” I’ve seen that pose a million times.

Anonymous July 31, 2009, 5:49 PM

Abbi you need help.

June July 31, 2009, 6:36 PM

Wow! Someone remembers everything that Lily has done for the past year. Sounds like the beginning of a “Lily fan club”
Go Lily!

Sharon August 4, 2009, 10:08 AM

LOL, very funny! :-) I’m amazed that people can think these things are for real…after reading all of Jen’s though I believe she is playing too, spoofing those that actually do that each time. LOL Good job Jen H. ;-)

Anonymous September 7, 2009, 9:55 PM

Everyone this is a joke! She is trying to be funny and it is funny! Lighten up folks!

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 2:08 PM

Coming through the standpoint of a fellow member in the fashion business, I actually enjoy your article.

Credit Card Processing December 23, 2010, 8:52 PM

fizywelko January 20, 2011, 8:57 AM

This is a really neat have for me, Must allow that you are one of the superfine blogger I e’er saw.Thanks for bill this advisory article.
gas grill