Gisele's Baby Bump Disappears

We've seen London Fog's new fall ad campaign ... and they've airbrushed out Gisele's pregnant belly. Is this okay?

Gisele

Mom-to-be Gisele B√ľndchen appears in the new London Fog campaign in nothing but a trenchcoat. According to WWD, her visible baby bump has been retouched out of the campaign to "respect her privacy," said chief marketing officer Dari Marder, who works for London Fog's parent company, Iconix Brand Group.

Do you think they should have airbrushed out her baby bump ... or is this just wrong?

next: Girl Gives Susan Boyle a Run for Her Money!
Lissalou July 29, 2009, 3:15 PM

Does it matter?

Jackie July 29, 2009, 3:24 PM

I DO NOT think they should have airbrushed out her belly. Now pregnancy has to be Photoshopped? This is just ridiculous! When will we start airbrushing our sonograms?

Person July 29, 2009, 3:33 PM

I don’t think its wrong…she probably didn’t want her pregnant belly in the pics, its her call.
Gisele likes to keep her private life just that. She hasn’t even announced the pregnancy and I don’t think she’s ever going to. So, in keeping with that, it makes sense to me that she doesn’t want everyone seeing her baby bump. Nothing wrong with that.

jackie July 29, 2009, 4:04 PM

What a stupid article meant to just stir up controversy. She is a MODEL. She was hired to do a job, and not for a maternity line. It’s not like she aborted her baby for the photo shoot. Idiots.

anonymous July 29, 2009, 4:34 PM

I think airbrushing photos in general is wrong. It gives people the impression they have to look just like the models when in reality the models don’t even look like the pictures. If she doesn’t want people to see her baby bump then maybe she shouldn’t have accepted the job, or left the house for that matter.

I Don't Care July 29, 2009, 4:54 PM

WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT SOME CELEBRITY’S BABY BUMP?????

Just Sayin' July 29, 2009, 5:17 PM

To me it’s just another reminder that women’s “flaws” (even when the bulging belly is caused by pregnancy) have to be photoshopped out and airbrushed like they never existed in this society. if you don’t want a pregnant baby bump, don’t hire a pregnant model!

Amy July 29, 2009, 8:25 PM

That’s hilarious - “respect her privacy” ?? SHE’S NAKED!!

Lacey July 30, 2009, 8:20 AM

I’m sure the bump was not the only thing airbrushed.

Anonymous July 30, 2009, 11:42 AM

Yawn

Gigohead  July 30, 2009, 1:54 PM

I think it’s wrong. They should have given the job to someone else. Anyway I doubt anyone will buy the rainwear because of her anyway. If it makes our crotch disappear like in that top photo, they can keep their clothes. Thank you very much!

Anonymous August 1, 2009, 2:16 AM