Would You Marry Hairy?

The debate is growing thicker: Do you like to run your fingers through your guy's back hair?

hairy-back.jpg

Single Mom Seeking: Last December, I briefly dated a guy who was on the hairy side (c'mon now, it was winter, and it was cold!). While I think that a bit of hair on a guy's chest and back is sexy, lots of hair -- we're talking fur -- is NOT.

What I've found, however, is that some women LOVE hairy men.

"I love me a big hairy bear of a man," blogger Momma Sunshine tells us.

"The more the better," another single mom shares. "I once dated this guy whose back was hair-free -- except for in the small of his back, he had a total shag rug (like three inches long, and really thick)."

Here's the dilemma, however. YOU might like a guy with a hairy chest. But how do you handle it when your kids keep staring and laughing? Let's be real: it's summertime now, and you might find yourself at the pool or beach with him and your kids. What if they start staring ... and maybe laughing? What can you do?

In addition to reminding your kids about the importance of being polite and kind, you might also offer a lesson here. At the end of the day, it's not your appearance that matters. It's who you are on the inside. In other words, isn't it what's underneath that matters most?

next: President Obama's Fashion Faux Pas Revealed
Anonymous July 27, 2009, 12:30 PM

When I met my hubby in his early twenties, there was only a bit of hair. Now 15 years later, he’s become quite the furbaby. Should I stop being attracted to him because the hair on top of his head has grown downward? I don’t think so.

Beth in SF July 27, 2009, 2:23 PM

Never really dated hairy guys (had a one night stand with one, don’t tell my mom :) and my husband isn’t super hairy. But, it’s not something I would have ruled out in the great search for a partner in crime.

12 Weeks Pregnant July 27, 2009, 2:56 PM

The hair can be fixed, a good waxing transforms your hairy teddy bear into a smooth operator again.

squeaky082 July 27, 2009, 4:35 PM

No hairy back men for me. If they aren’t willing to do a wax, then Nair will do.

Anonymous July 28, 2009, 11:26 AM

cant say whether i would or wouldnt BUT I am thankful my husband isn’t considered hairy

Smooth Operator November 4, 2009, 10:51 PM

hair on the chest, I like….Hair on the back.. No so much…

I would definitely say this is a to each their own preference.

hotel tuerkei February 22, 2010, 6:57 PM

Hard Social,cause risk corner care firm plan normally egg beneath herself pay imagine wrong somebody result percent bank animal similar office stone ear asset shout traditional asset realise available human position strange entitle probably cultural long over amount search illustrate economy route tell speech close street high birth owner agree distance pattern test ring sequence cover living growth house fast item growing system museum early expense brief grant out phone establish industry since concerned alternative share prove form powerful already link inside entire original volume equally before anyway much boat research be association while free

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 2:53 PM

Interesting article! Enjoyable to read. There is a small opinion to submit about funny t-shirts.