New Product Forces Your Kid to Stay Awake

They snooze, you lose.

You know the drill -- the only time you can get anything done is when the kids take a nap, so you DON'T want them to take their snooze in the car. That's why all moms need Nap-Be-Gone, an invention we WISH was real.

next: Jon Gosselin Shows Off New Girlfriend in St. Tropez
Anonymous July 13, 2009, 10:40 AM

i wish my kids still napped!!

Wendi July 13, 2009, 1:11 PM

This is just horrible to even joke about. People really do these kinds of things to keep their kids awake, it makes me so sad for the kids. Bottom line, if you want that much “me” time, then don’t have kids in the first place. I have 3 and would never do this to them.

chris July 13, 2009, 3:05 PM

Lighten up Wendi, it was just a joke.

Anna July 13, 2009, 3:59 PM
Anonymous July 13, 2009, 5:52 PM

A wonderfully silly break in my day. Thanks, momlogic.

June July 13, 2009, 5:57 PM

I don’t know what is funnier, the Nap Be Gone product or Wendey’s outraged comment.
I do second the motion. Lighten up Wendy. It’s only a joke. No children were harmed in this commercial. Oh, Wendy, it’s not really a commercial.

Charles July 13, 2009, 7:20 PM

I’m sure Wendi gets that it isn’t a real commercial, but stuff like this makes light of the fact that there are parents who really do this kind of thing. It isn’t funny, and selfish parenting isn’t something that should be treated lightly. Far too many “parents” think their own needs should come before their children’s needs. It’s like joking about having sex with someone’s underage daughter (e.g. David Letterman) It isn’t funny and it shouldn’t be done.

Anonymous July 13, 2009, 9:25 PM

I love this! My 2 year old is notorious for stealing her nap in the car and I had no way of stopping her, till now!
T.S.

yoyomama July 14, 2009, 1:32 PM

I think this is hilarious! A ball on a stick, why didn’t I think of that?? Haha…

Anonymous July 17, 2009, 9:49 PM

What I think is truly funny is how June is talking badly about Wendi can’t even spell her name right! She misspelled it twice. Proofread your work, June!

Awesome “commercial” as always, momlogic!

Dawn Sloan Downes July 23, 2009, 5:25 PM

Yeah…I’m all about “me” time and Charles and Wendi should both know that every primary caretaker needs a break or they won’t be able to parent in a loving, caring way. It’s just like on an airplane. if you don’t put your oxygen mask on first, you won’t be able to put it on your kids.

That said, I don’t really think this is all that funny either.

Of course, I let my kids nap in the car otherwise, they don’t nap and if they don’t nap and get overtired, I really don’t get anything done!

Everyone needs to lighten up. If you think it’s funny, that’s great, but those who don’t shouldn’t be picked on because of their moral viewpoint either.

But, if you’re not getting any time for yourself, away from your kids, and neglecting your marriage for the sake of your kids, you’re a timebomb waiting to explode.

izzydrc July 31, 2009, 8:44 PM

…not really worth getting worked up about. it represents a typical reality where kids never sleep when you want them to. All kids at sometime have been waken up from their slumber by every parent for some reason. I just wish mine WOULD sleep so I can wake her up. shes a bouncy toy from dawn to dusk and then its a fight to get her to bed.
I believe the picture was created for humor of reality not reality its self.
i can JUST imagine what you would have to respond to this, however I will most likely not be back to see it.

tabletki na pryszcze April 3, 2011, 7:25 AM

I’m glad, that i found your website, there are a couple of cool articles