Does Casey's Tattoo Brand Her a Murderer?

Who gets a tattoo celebrating life when they claim to be desperately hoping their child isn't dead?

caylee-tattoo.jpg

Momlogic's Momstrosity: There's already so much evidence in the case of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, the little girl found murdered, with her own mother, Casey, accused of the crime. There's residue of human decomposition in Casey's car, the Google searches for chloroform on her computer, and the pictures of the young mother participating in a nightclub's "Hot Body" contest.

But it seems none incriminate the 23-year-old woman more than a tattoo she got during the month she claimed to be frantically searching for her daughter.

People often commemorate events in their lives with a tattoo, but Anthony chose a tattoo, written in Italian, with the upbeat phrase, "the beautiful life." Months ago, the original sketch of the tattoo was submitted as evidence. Now prosecutors, after filing a motion to photograph the actual tattoo on Anthony's shoulder, have been granted permission from the judge in the case.

The tattoo could certainly be considered not only as exhibit A, but as exhibit A-Z. How is it possible that any mom could get a tattoo celebrating life when their child had been missing for almost a month? Bobby Williams, one of the employees of Cast Iron Tattoos, the Orlando, Florida, establishment that inked Casey, was equally shocked. "The fact that Casey acted like any normal customer that day [she got the tattoo]," said Williams, "only goes to show you never know who has some kind of skeletons in their closet." And what a sociopath Anthony is -- never shedding a tear for her daughter.

The only excuse for getting a tattoo would've been to get one that said, "Help me find Caylee."

Of course, we're all waiting to hear how Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, and his spin crew are going to explain Casey's reason for getting the tat. Maybe nonexistent nanny Zenaida Gonzalez made her do it?

next: Six Cartoon Characters Gone Bad
MamaChanna August 12, 2009, 7:10 PM

Evil is as Evil Does…She Learned well from “Sindy”…The Depravity that this Tattoo Shows will Convince ANY JURY ANYWHERE !…no defense team can explain this Ugly Truth away….thank you “HeadCasey” for testifying to your own Murderous Guilt in putting your life 1st and your helpless child DEAD LAST!

G August 13, 2009, 12:32 AM

“MAY GOD HAVE MERCY”

lin August 13, 2009, 3:21 AM

Applause! Applause!

Tina August 13, 2009, 9:29 AM

I smell a plea deal…

Erika August 13, 2009, 10:52 AM

I thinnk that she did it she never felt remorse or show any care for her daughter. There is alot of evidence that she’s guilty.

cari August 13, 2009, 6:30 PM

she had it put on her back so even she wouldnt have to see the reminder every day of what a horrible human being she is!

Helen B. August 13, 2009, 8:17 PM

The time spent and money spent on that tat on her lousey shoulder should have been spent locating her baby. She has no morals, no sense of right or wrong or any other sense about her. Common sense tells a person to look unsuspicious if they want to get by with any wrongdoings. She did the exact opposite, flaunting what she had done. Now it is time to pay the piper and take whatever is dished out to her and I sure hope she gets a plate full! Can not wait for the sentencing phase to begin and if it is not as it should be, then something is seriously wrong with our justice system!

Anonymous August 14, 2009, 2:27 AM

Beautiful Life, huh! The only beautiful thing in her undeserved life was CAYLEE…and we all know what happened. I still cry for that precious child.

Leeza August 14, 2009, 8:40 AM

Casey’s tattoo symbolizes her mind frame at the time she got the tattoo. It shows that Casey felt victorious and euphoric, that she carried out her months of plotting and planning to get away with the murder of her little girl.It makes me sick to my stomach!I think that Casey’s tattoo should have a few words added to it, in order to honor Caylee’s beautiful life that she had robbed from her by her own Mother. Such as “In memory of the beautiful life of Caylee Marie Anthony!

May August 14, 2009, 4:39 PM

I once “lost” my daughter for about 3 minutes, that felt like an enternity to me, at a children’s party. I can’t imagine any parent having their child missing for a whole month and them not searching every minute for that kid. In my eyes she is guilty, and I hope our judicial system finds her guilty of murder, neglect, conspiracy, tampering and everything else under the book. She should spend the rest of her life in prison and be put in general population.

Abucki August 14, 2009, 6:02 PM

Iwould like to know if the nuts are still putting money in her Commissary. I don’t get it! She is one of the most disturbing pieces of !#!# I ever seen. No remorse or morals what-so-ever. When I see her smiling in court or any pictures of her smiling totally grosses me out.

tifany August 16, 2009, 12:45 AM

FIRST OF ALL HOW COULD HER PARENTS STAND BY HER KNOWING WHAT SHE DID TO THAT INNOCENT CHILD. SECOND IM A MOTHER OF A 4 YEAR OLD AND 7 YEAR OLD BOTH GIRLS MIND YOU. YES SOMETIMES IVE FELT LIKE BEATING THEM SMILING BUT I WOULD NEVER HURT ONE HAIR ON THEIR HEAD. ME AND MY FAMILY FIGHT IF THEY WHIPP MY KIDS I JUST CANT IMAGINE. CASEY ANTHONY GETS WHAT SHE DESERVES AND I HOPE THEY TEAR HER APART FOR WHAT SHE DID. SHELL STAND BEFORE GOD ONE DAY AND HE WILL PUNISH HER IN A WAY NO MAN OR WOMEN COULD.

Anonymous August 17, 2009, 11:56 PM

I think if she is ever put in the population with other inmates, someone will remove the tat with a knife and shove it in her somewhere. I hate to say that, but it is true.

Sally August 19, 2009, 8:45 PM

I think getting a tattoo “Beautiful Life” in July just a few days after murdering her daughter June 16 is just another piece of the puzzle that will convict her of murdering Caylee. The tattoo is a testimony that Casey felt her life was beautiful now Caylee was dead. Another testimony of guilt is a text message she sent to Amy in July saying she got rid of the “dead squirrel” that was stinking up her car. Cadaver dogs, a homicide detective, tow truck driver, George and Cindy all testified that Casey’s car smelled like a dead body, not a dead squirrel. The hair found in the car trunk was matched to the hair that was found on Caylee’s skull which was wrapped in duct tape.

Gary August 20, 2009, 5:56 PM

Yes this is all to disturbing to me and Casey Anthony will most certainly be found guilty. I really think the defense needs to go with an insanity defense because they would definetely beable to save her from the needle and she would be put in a syco ward for the rest of her life. Come on now this is definetely someone who has a major mental dissorder, and all her actions prove it. If the dream team tries to go any other way with this trial Casey will at least get life with no parole and will never be allowed in general pop or she will be dead, therfore she will sit in her cell 23 hours a day until she dies. Shes needs to go to a prison for the criminaly insane “period…….”.

party September 14, 2009, 11:03 AM

Yes it does have enough evidence that she killed her daughter.
Cindy & George should open there eyes
because they new it was interfering with casey life Because she liked to drink and party and screw everybody.
Cindy should of let her give her up for adoptions when she was born. She doesn’t like being tied down. And why did Cindy wash the cloths. So she can cover up for Casey. And Casey is only wipeing her eyes she’s not really crying.And for grandparents they don’t seem that upset about Caylee be murdered by there own daughter. They are covering up for her

Anonymous September 21, 2009, 10:44 PM

Hey, she’s gained the victory over her MOTHER! She has deprived that woman of the joy of her life, little Caylee. What greater ecstasy can anyone ask for that hates their mother as much as she, in truth, does. It’s gotta be the beautiful life alright to make her worst perceived enemy so unutterably miserable. The saddest news in all this is that Caylee was nothing more to her than a pawn. One piece of screwed up humanity, Casey is that alright.

Casey Anthony November 17, 2009, 6:14 AM

Wow, ya’ll are haters. I just wanted to get a tat, tee hee. I didnt murder my child, ya’ll are stupid. She was TAKEN FROM ME! T_T

Someone please believe me!
Also, @tifany: caps lock is cruise control for cool.