Dad Arrested for Hitting Daughter with Pizza

No, we're not making this up.

pizza

Last week, a 38-year-old Florida father allegedly used racist and sexist terms when he asked his daughter to turn off her computer, and she fired back with some crude language of her own.

The father then "intentionally threw a slice of pizza at the victim, striking her in the back of the neck, against her will," according to police.

The girl, whose age was not available, called 911. Her father was arrested on a charge of child abuse without great harm, a third-degree felony.

Do you think his arrest was justified?

next: 1,224-Pound Cupcake Sets Record
Selfish Mom August 17, 2009, 8:07 PM

Depends on the toppings.

Sounds like a charming household.

Daryl August 17, 2009, 8:11 PM

Completely ridiculous!
This is the equivalent of an adolescent food fight…was it childish and immature…yes; abuse…NO!
There are obviously some family issues going on, but come on. Tax payer money is being used for this nonsense.

curvebreaker August 17, 2009, 11:06 PM

What? So NOW you don’t want more police and government involvement in our daily lives?

Well which is it? Make up your collective consciousness already!

curvebreaker August 17, 2009, 11:09 PM

Pay no attention to that last comment. Keep on trading our freedoms & privacy for the illusion of safety & security, and paying more & more police officers to protect you from yourselves.

Anonymous August 17, 2009, 11:16 PM

If the father (who should be more MATURE than the daughter) resorts to throwing pizza at her, what else will he throw? Furniture, his fists? Where do you draw the line. While a slice of pizza isn’t “abuse,” per se, who’s to say how much farther it could go. I’d be worried for the daughter’s safety if a verbal fight about getting off the computer turns physical. Just wait until it’s something more important than that!!

Anonymous August 17, 2009, 11:27 PM

I find it to be abuse. The pizza isnt the concern, it’s the fact that racial and sexist terms were used torward the daughter. That IS abuse! Who’s to say, as mentioned in another post, that it wouldn’t turn into something worse. Sadly this society often waits too long to intervene.

Anonymous August 17, 2009, 11:33 PM

If that pizza was hot enough, it could burn her pretty badly. Weve all bit into a slice of pizza when it is too hot, imagine that on the back of your neck! Ouch! Now, im not saying that just because this dude throws a piece of pizza, he is gonna beat the crap out of his daughter. But if it was hot enough, I think the punishment fits the crime in this case.

chris August 17, 2009, 11:33 PM

That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard! Next thing you know parents will get arrested for saying “NO” to their children!!! Then where will the world be with the whole next generation of spoiled rotten kids!!!

Anonymous August 18, 2009, 1:07 AM

Wow you know what is amazing. Who says that he used racist and sexist comments. I am sure it was the angry child who was mad because she was told to do what her father told her. Now she knows she will never have to listen to him again because she can just call the police. Come on guys this is getting ridiculous. I mean I have sons and if the police comes to my door for some pizza they better not come to my door when he robs the neighbor, breaks in a house asking me why I didn’t teach him better.

Emma August 18, 2009, 9:22 AM

Like Chris said soon parents will get arrested for saying no to their kids. It was a slice of Pizza, PIZZA. It could’ve been much worse that’s absurd.

ame i. August 18, 2009, 10:49 AM

A parent allowing themselves to lose control to the point of throwing anything at a child (regardless of the age of the child and/or the child’s behavior) indicates a problem. Family counseling is probably in order here.
On another note, I bet the mom was the one to clean up the mess ;)

RIN August 18, 2009, 12:28 PM

WOW. MY COUSINS RAN AWAY TO FOSTER CARE WHEN THEY WHERE GROWING UP, THEY CLAIMED THE PARENTS BEAT THEM. I LIVED WITH THEM AND FUNNY HOW THEY DIDN;T ASK ME IF WE WERE EVER BEATEN. THE GIRLS SPENT TWO YEARS WITH FOSTER PARENTS THEY WERE ALWAYS SHOWING ME THE NEW CLOTHES THEY GOT AND HOW THE MONEY THEY GOT FOR ALLOWANCE WAS SOO COOL. NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY HAD NOT BEEN USED TO NEW NEW CLOTHES IN THE STYLE THEY WANTED TO WEAR BEFORE , NOW THATS THE SYSTEM CALL THE COPS - YOUR PARENTS ARE ALWAYS WRONG AND GET WHAT YOU WANT. TO THE LADY WHO SAID PARENTS SHOULD NOT LOSE CONTROL…. LADY YOU MAY NOT BE AS NORMAL AS THE REST OF US.

Debbie August 18, 2009, 1:38 PM

I hope the pizza wasn’t seriously injured…

Amazing August 18, 2009, 2:53 PM

Well just goes to show you the way kids act now a days. My parents told me once or we new the outcome. Never abused but was taught to RESPECT our parents and elders. If that had been a case in my house,,she wouldn’t sit down for a week. Why do you think God put all that padding on the but? Spare the Rod, Spoil the child.

Jasmine August 18, 2009, 2:58 PM

Growing up I was spanked when I did something I wasn’t supposed to do or back talked my parents. I never felt like I was abused I viewed it as discipline. I don’t feel like I was abused I learned how to behave because I knew there was consequences for my actions

Parker August 18, 2009, 3:23 PM

u kno…thats fricken rediculous…lol… im 21..and dont hav kids..but i already kno what id tell them.. “if i discipline you, or u dont like the rules of my house, and you call the cops..u can stay with them”…my parents spanked me…and im glad..u gotta learn respect..

Jeanne August 18, 2009, 3:24 PM

Jasmine, I’m kind of with you there. My mom though did actually abuse me. I was a good kid and never did anything truly bad and never did anything wrong knowingly, but she’d spank me with the belt or flyswatter at every little slight, she’d pull my hair and slap me silly. Most of it was mental abuse, but the worst was when she held me down by my hair and kept slapping me when she told me to look at her and I tried to tell her I couldn’t because she was holding me down. Or there was the time when I was about 17 I finally got fed up and grabbed her wrists so she couldn’t hit me. Then she tried to tell my dad I shook HER when I was just holding on to keep her from hitting me and she kept on trying to. That’s MILD abuse there. Throwing a pizza? That’s just being silly while being fed up and exasperated with a more than stubborn, disrespectful child. It is getting so stupid and rediculous what a parent CAN’T do to discipline a child. I’m not saying my mom was right, but a spanking for something truly disrespectful or bad is not wrong. People learn from pain.

Parker August 18, 2009, 3:29 PM

btw i feel sad for the father..God i hope i hav boys!! lol

angel August 18, 2009, 3:39 PM

bring the rod back bring the rod back
when i was being asinine my dad laid his rod on me which opened me up to discipline 4 being naughty a fathers rod is a right of passage a child should never b denied that even the man upstairs agrees spare the rod u spoil the child

angel August 18, 2009, 5:01 PM

BRING BACK THE ROD 4 GODS SAKE BRING BACK THE ROD when i was being asinine pops laid the rod on me which opened me up 4 discipline n the consequences 4 being naughty a fathers rod should b a right of passage a child should never b denied it is a commandment from God spare the rod u spoil the child because He knows a fathers rod is a heavenly instrument 4 maturity