Michelle Obama in Sarah Palin's Waders

The First Lady has "scandalized" the nation by flaunting her well-toned legs -- would waders been a better fashion choice?

michelle-obama-sarah-palin.jpg

Momlogic's Momstrosity: If it's not one thing, it's another. In July, fashionistas were aghast at Sarah Palin doing in an interview in fishing waders (while she was fishing). Now Michelle Obama, disembarking from Air Force One in shorts after a family vacation to Grand Canyon, is creating another stir. I don't know about you, but after I commune with nature I like slip into an evening gown. I mean honesty, shorts?? In summer?? The nerve!

next: Fired For Breastfeeding at Work
Lee August 21, 2009, 5:40 PM

I think Laura Bush was overdressed and too uptight, but this is too casual. I can see shorts in the grand canyon but getting off of air force one is too casual.

Michelle August 21, 2009, 6:09 PM

Well-toned legs? Really? Yes — I think she’d look better in waders.

Patty August 21, 2009, 6:10 PM

Lee, are you serious? Why are we holding people in government offices to standards leaps and bounds above what we would expect of any other human being? They are shorts! She wasn’t going to the G20 Summit or any other official meeting/ event of the office in them. People need to get a grip.

JD In Vancouver August 21, 2009, 6:11 PM

Shorts in the middle of the summer? Oh the horror!

Seriously, let the woman be a mother for the duration of her vacation and leave her alone.

Gail Cooke August 21, 2009, 6:35 PM

Who exactly do you think you are? Who are you to criticize what people wear? Seriously, the woman is on vacation…cut her a break. Maybe someone should follow you around daily and criticize what you’re wearing…I’ll bet you’d be a little kinder after that.

Anna August 21, 2009, 7:29 PM

I thought she looked great in the shorts.

Karen Koval August 21, 2009, 8:48 PM

There must be more important issues that we could be discussing. She looks fine, give her a break after all she was on vacation not attending a ball.

Thelma August 21, 2009, 9:40 PM

I guess there just isn’t enough news to report on. Come on, really, who ever got this one going really need to get a life? and if it’s someone from the news media, his or her boss needs to be termanated, today.

Life is to short for this crap.

anonymous August 22, 2009, 7:33 AM

This just doesn’t sit well with me. I think it shows a lack of class to see our first lady striding off air force one in shorts. I think I just want my first lady to always look well dressed (she certainly has enough people hired to help with that) and she basically looked like me when I get up this summer and start my day with my kids to do housework, you know?

Amy August 22, 2009, 9:33 AM

Who cares? We didn’t elect HER. She’s on vacation with her family - I don’t care what she wears.

Seriously, let’s move on. I didn’t vote for her husband, but I think it’s ridiculous to spend so much time and energy commenting on her fashion choices. People are starving, need healthcare, and education. Let’s work on those issues, and then maybe we’ll get around to uniforms on Air Force One.

Tiffany August 22, 2009, 7:39 PM

It’s tacky and those that think it’s not are the ones that probably show up to church in jean shorts.

mercaties August 22, 2009, 9:25 PM

Uptight people crack me up. Seriously, we are so used to seeing overly dressed frumpy first Lady’s that we don’t know how to handle a normal one. By the way, I don’t think God really cares what you wear to curch he’s just glad your there. RELAX PEOPLE!

ame i. August 23, 2009, 7:18 PM

Ha, the first pic I saw on this topic said M. was wearing short-shorts. Those are mom-shorts. Short-shorts show butt cheeks.
She would look good in a burlap potato sack. People need to lighten up, tend to their own knitting and find a hobby if the can’t find anything better to do than bash her.

M August 23, 2009, 11:22 PM

Mrs. Obama—Please do us all a favor and keep wearing dresses (even the sleeveless ones)!! Your arms are so much better toned than your legs.

kanalim May 15, 2011, 5:18 AM