No Shoes, No Service! Burger King 86s Baby

The baby can't even walk yet, but she's already been kicked out of a fast food restaurant for not wearing shoes.

"No shoes, no shirt, no service!" That's what the mother of 6-month-old Kaylin Frederich was told by the manager of her local St. Louis, Missouri, Burger King when she tried to order a Whopper.

Local FOX affiliate KTVI reports that Kaylin, her mom, Jennifer, and Jennifer's mother were booted from the restaurant due to "health concerns." The infant, Jennifer says, is too young to even crawl, and her feet are too small for shoes. "Everybody loves baby feet!" she said.

She says when she was standing at the counter ordering, the manager told her, "You can order 'to go' but you're going to have to leave if she doesn't have shoes on.' He said, 'It's against health code.'"

Jennifer said she was with her church youth group on their way to a concert. Her mother went into the establishment first; then she followed with the rest of the group. "The guy was still saying, 'That lady is still here with that baby without shoes,'" Jennifer said. "I just looked at him and I said, 'That's my daughter. She doesn't own shoes. She's only 6 months old' ... she doesn't walk. She's not touching the ground. So there's no reason for her to have shoes on!"

Kaylin's mom said she put socks on the baby's feet to try to comply with the manager's request, but the manager threatened to call the police, so the group ate hurriedly and left. Jennifer says she posted her story on Facebook and had dozens of responses.

Burger King issued a statement saying they were "retraining" its franchisees on the "no shoes, no service" policy.

next: Long Island Teacher Admits to Statutory Rape of Student
Ben Ross August 6, 2009, 2:22 AM

I think the manager was entirely in his bounds. Its the LAW, and just because its inconvenient, it doesn’t mean you don’t have to abide by it. They make baby shoes, btw. If you think you don’t need to have our baby wear shoes just because they “don’t walk” than ou might as well plow through stop signs and speed near schools.
I personally don’t like to buy milk near its experation date, but I throw it out when it does, because that’s the law. I don’t care if it still “smells good” People who are smarter than me know when the milk is bad.
A good example would be when 9-11 happened, and the President said to make an emergency survival pack and buy food and a generator. Everyone did because the President said so and so it is THE LAW! So I took out a third mortgage on my house and sold my trailer to build the bunker. DId i want to? No. but I had to because its the LAW. The same thing for gay marriage. It doesn’t matter if it is “legal” its the LAW of God, (who is just above the President).
Hopefully this clears up a bit.

Krystine August 6, 2009, 3:10 AM

lmao!

Shelly August 6, 2009, 3:51 AM

I’ll go to Mcdonalds instead of Burger King from now on. Besides I like that fish Commercial they had a while back. Burger Kings Commercial are dumb just like the company.

Anonymous August 6, 2009, 3:53 AM

It’s the “law” to build a bunker even if you don’t have the money (and someone who needs to take a 3rd mortgage out on their house has no money). Sir, with all due respect, you are insane.

“It’s the law.” Funniest thing I’ve ever read.

jj August 6, 2009, 5:16 AM

Ben Ross. It’s illegal to smoke crack, so put the crack pipe down, “It’s the law”.

Anonymous August 6, 2009, 5:17 AM

Eat all babies.

Hail Satan!

Anonymous August 6, 2009, 8:07 AM

I don’t even carry shoes for my 8 month old son… common sense should of took over in this case…

Elle August 6, 2009, 8:23 AM

Ben Ross- This is a site for you mom not ten year old kids. If you happen to be older, you are laughable. Even more so than the stupid BK manager..

Anonymous August 6, 2009, 8:31 AM

I wonder what would have happened if they had waited for the police to show up. Then they might have talked some sense into the manager.

Anonymous August 6, 2009, 9:14 AM

I have read that putting shoes on a baby too soon can hinder their ability to learn to walk, as well as creating problems developmentally that could make it problematic for a child to be able to walk. Thankfully Ive never had this problem concerning our 9 month old. This is a policy taken too far, in my opinion.

WOW August 6, 2009, 9:50 AM

WOW, Ben Ross, I really really hope you are being sarcastic… if not, you are indeed crazy sir

anonymous August 6, 2009, 10:37 AM

For all the people saying “common sense” should’ve taken over: C’mon, since when is common sense “common” any more? It seems to get rarer and rarer by the day. I’m glad this lady posted this to her MySpace. Burger King should be embarrassed for having employees that pig-headed and stupid to begin with.

Magnus August 6, 2009, 11:17 AM

- Ben Ross
Obey gravity ITS THE LAW!

George Thomas August 6, 2009, 11:24 AM

I know Ben Ross and he in fact is as goofy as his letter.

Anonymous August 6, 2009, 12:13 PM

No Shoes
No Shirt
No Service
No Dice!

HeeHee August 6, 2009, 12:15 PM

Just go to the drive up and quit your bitchin’

Bobby Griffith August 6, 2009, 12:15 PM

There may be a store policy against bare feet, but it is not the law. If it is, please prove it by citing the specific statute or regulation that is being violated.

See http://www.barefooters.org/health-dept/MO2002.html

Gene Furlong August 6, 2009, 12:29 PM

Ben Ross, you must be a politician.
Because your comments are without sense and pointless.

angela August 6, 2009, 1:28 PM

come on its only a baby who can’t walk. that manager needs to produce a public appology for his lack of common sense about these ‘laws’.

Danae August 6, 2009, 1:41 PM

Wait, I’m confused. The LAW said we were supposed to build bunkers after 9/11? Oops… I didn’t know. I guess I broke the LAW.