Duggars Expecting Their 19th Child!

The Duggars are at it again!

duggar family expecting 19th child
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, who have 18 children and one grandchild on the way, are expecting baby No. 19. Gulp!

"We are so thrilled," Michelle, 42, tells People. "We just couldn't believe it is happening." Jim Bob, 44, agrees: "This never gets old. We are so grateful for each child. We are looking forward to our first grandbaby and our 19th child."

Their 21-year-old son Joshua and his wife, Anna, also 21, are expecting daughter Mackynzie Renée next month.

When Michelle was having trouble losing weight on Weight Watchers (and began craving pickles), she began to suspect she was pregnant.

"I was in Weight Watchers with Jim Bob and I wasn't losing any weight," she told People. "I couldn't figure it out. I was doing what I should. And the baby, who was nursing, was fussy. I kept thinking, 'This isn't right. She isn't teething, she doesn't have an ear infection. I'm not cheating on my diet, I should be losing weight.' Then, I put two and two together and wondered if I could possibly be pregnant."

She took out one of two tests she had in the house and it was immediately positive.

"I'm feeling nauseous right now," she says. "And, I'm tired. I am happy for the feelings of morning sickness and I'm happy for every day I get to play with my kids. We don't know what tomorrow holds and so I try to enjoy every moment."

And, yes, Michelle confirms this child will have another J-name. All of their kids' names start with the letter "J."

The Duggars' lives are featured on TLC's "18 Kids and Counting," airing Tuesday nights.

Are you happy for the Duggars' news -- or do you think they should stop already? Comment below.

next: 27 Questions to Help You Find the Perfect Sitter
maeby September 1, 2009, 11:24 AM

what a complete surprise.

Barb September 1, 2009, 11:34 AM

I try not to get too caught up in other people’s business, but when I think purely of the environmental impact this family has, I feel angry. This may sound a bit radical, but when you look at the world (over-) population, and the problems we have with storing and destroying trash, supplying clean water, growing healthy foods, etc., I think it’s irresponsible to have an enormous family. What’s the cut-off? I have no idea. I’m not saying that’s for anyone else to decide but the family. But imagine if every family grew to this size—you can see how ridiculously out of control it can get. The mom is only 42, so can we expect another 10 or so kids from that family before nature steps in?

chris September 1, 2009, 11:48 AM

I just feel sorry for her son and daughter in law. It seems that they won’t be able to enjoy the “spot light” of having the newest baby in the family for long. I personally wouldn’t want to share it with someone having thier 19th baby!!! I think that now that Michelle and Jim Bob are going to be grandparents they should stop having kids and let thier children start the next generation.

Gail Cooke September 1, 2009, 11:56 AM

Wow, another child to exploit….these people are sick. She must like being a brood mare though or she wouldn’t do it.

Chris September 1, 2009, 12:07 PM

I think the size of the family is up to the family. I do think it is wrong that it is so publicised.

Teresa Kander September 1, 2009, 12:12 PM

I think it’s wonderful! They’re such an amazing family, and they are self-sufficient. They don’t expect the govt. to take care of them, they do it on their own. They have so much love, and seem so very happy!!!

Monica September 1, 2009, 12:13 PM

If your body, pocketbook and mental fitness allow for it, then I should have no opinion about this. I suppose in the end, it’s just the fact that I could never do this that makes me go, “Woah.” But everyone has a purpose and Michelle’s purpose is probably being a mother to the utmost. Once upon a time, this might not have been quite so unique as it is now but of course the reasoning behind it was most likely very different too. Ugh. I”m honestly trying my best not to be judgmental about a situation that looks to be very much under control - so to speak. More power to them.

Hannah September 1, 2009, 12:15 PM

Its strange when she talks about not knowing what tomoorw holds, it like shes talking as if she knows she wont make it through the 19th child. It worries me.

Briellis September 1, 2009, 12:16 PM

Her hair has really gotten much better since they started the show.

Ryan September 1, 2009, 12:19 PM

Just another fish for their show’s fish bowl.

beth aka confusedhomemaker September 1, 2009, 1:22 PM

If by “it” you mean showing that they love each other & their family, then good for them.

Heather September 1, 2009, 1:25 PM

She is only 42, she will probably have at least a couple more.

Honestly, as long as they can feed them and take care of them, I don’t care how many kids they have! I would hate to see people judge me for having 2 kids!!

Loretta September 1, 2009, 1:56 PM

I remember watching thier show way back when I think there were only 15 or 16 kids…. I forget what year, the one when they were building the house (with their own hands I might add)

People always complain that they are publicizing their family …. I hate to tell you guys this but they didn’t go out and say “I’m going to find a journalist to write about me.” or “I”m going to go find a TV show to talk about me.”

It was happening anyway because unfortunately the world is nosy as hell and people were talking about them because of their family size and speculating information.

If the media is going to talk about you anyway, wouldn’t you rather be involved and provide them with proper information instead of allowing them to speculate all of the place? Of course you’d want to do that!

Pie711 September 1, 2009, 2:32 PM

I see nothing wrong with the Duggars having more children they’re not asking for assistance plus the bible says to be fruitful and mulitply.

Anonymous September 1, 2009, 2:47 PM

Disgusting.

Kelly September 1, 2009, 3:43 PM

I think it’s wonderful! They are such an inspiration and their kids behave very well. I’m just glad their bringing more white people into the world. All these black people just have their babies to get more welfare and all their ghetto children are taking over.

Barb September 1, 2009, 3:43 PM

I don’t read the bible—does it talk about overtaxing our resources? How about a plan to supply clean water for all (the forecasted) 9 BILLION people by the year 2040, by which time the oldest Dugger will be a grandfather how many times over? We’ll probably still be OK in 2040, but how about in 2140, when the world population is more than 15 billion?

I hear what you’re all saying by, “they take care of their own” (because they’re not on government assistance), but my point is that the Earth won’t be able to support ANY of us if we keep up in this way.

Kelly September 1, 2009, 3:57 PM

Sarah - I didn’t use to think like that until I moved around and saw “reality.” It is SAD - that they gave their own self’s that “reputation, they ARE the MAIN ones that kill people without conscience, burglarize, and rob people at gunpoint…their disgusting…move to a state where you’re surrounded by them and I promise you…you’ll feel different.

Jill (the other one) September 1, 2009, 4:03 PM

I have a hard time believing that she didn’t know she was pregnant. She makes it sound like such a surprise - couldn’t lose weight, blah blah blah. Seriously? I would think that on the 19th go-round she’d have a good idea of what the early stages of pregnancy feel like.

Sarah September 1, 2009, 5:08 PM

Kelly that is an inappropriate remark and just shows unfortunately how sad our world is that people like you think like that.