How can I make sure that my baby is growing at a healthy rate and weight?
- You'll learn what you need to know at your baby's first visit to the doctor.
- Be sure to take your baby in for the first checkup after bringing him or her home, about 2 to 3 days after discharge from the hospital.
- Your doctor will give the baby a full examination from head to toe to make sure things get off to a great start!
- Her height and weight will be checked, and you'll be given guidelines to ensure your baby grows healthy and happy.
- A few things to keep in mind: Dieting is not for babies. Babies need calories and fat so their bodies and brains can grow.
- Also, a chubby baby is not always a healthy baby. While you always want your little one to grow up big and strong, overweight children often struggle with weight issues and obesity-related diseases as grown-ups.
- Lastly, trust your baby's instincts. They usually know how much they need to eat. Don't push them to eat if they're not hungry.