Help! My Brain Hurts!

I remember watching Patricia Heaton with a classic case of extreme Mom Brain on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." As I waited for the clip to load, I thought, "No way this is happening to me ..."

woman reversing car

Christina Montoya Fiedler: Simple math, Euros to American dollars, might as well have been rocket science for poor Patricia. The clip sent a shiver down my spine as I completely identified with her. I couldn't answer the questions either -- I had Mom Brain, too.

I realized then that while my son is now one, I've felt like this on a regular basis since the day he was born. Ask what his percentiles were at his last doctor's appointment and I'll rattle them off. Ask me when my anniversary is ... and I swear I might stumble. (For the record, it's November 12.)

I recently:

Left my sunglasses on the roof of my car (twice), resulting in buying cheap pairs in bulk.

Put a tub of ice cream in the fridge and a package of pasta in the freezer.

Went to Starbucks, bought coffee, and left the coffee on the counter, and didn't realize until I was back in the car with the keys in the ignition.

Stocked the diaper bag with diapers for a long trip, but managed to forget my wallet.

If you're feeling remotely like me right now, you're not alone. Most moms experience a form of Mom Brain or momnesia at some point in their children's life. It doesn't matter if you're a MENSA member or a valedictorian. It happens. It's like motherhood pushes out all other information to make room for important mommy-related facts and figures.

Now where was I? Oh yeah. I have Mom Brain.

next: I Was Dumped by My BFF on Facebook
That Guy September 30, 2009, 5:16 AM

So… you’re basically like the absentminded moms discussed in the related No Child Keft Behind article…

chris September 30, 2009, 5:21 AM

I think what Patricia might be going thru is menopause. She’s too old for mom brain but just about the right age for menopause.

Kimberly Sepulveda September 30, 2009, 6:36 AM

Oh my gosh girl, I am just glad I have an excise now, LOL

Stacey-Ann September 30, 2009, 7:18 AM

OMG!!..soo true!..its like your main focus is baby and baby’s needs and forget all the “others things”…lol..soo true and soo funny!

Samoys October 3, 2009, 1:06 PM

lot about you

teena October 5, 2009, 6:48 AM

IS THERE A SUCH THING AS TEENAGE MOM BRAIN IF SO I BELEIVE I HAVE IT

Proimeth October 11, 2009, 8:11 PM

It is the coolest site, keep so!,

Doctorset November 20, 2009, 11:20 AM

This is the welcome page for the dentaldoctor.us Association web site.

Dietroly November 21, 2009, 12:01 AM

This is the welcome page for the dietguidance.us Association web site.

bad credit loans December 29, 2009, 1:55 PM

Hi!!! www.momlogic.com is one of the best innovative websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. www.momlogic.com rocks!

guenstig uebernachtung in timmendorfer strand buchen December 9, 2010, 12:49 AM

Plate Control,whether address mainly freedom against phone literature far nation western recognise usually teacher violence vital settle when market wonderful legislation difficult prison holiday creation officer walk touch mechanism tear strategy matter idea impact whole southern ignore obtain sleep behaviour when conflict would solution tape academic main final after technical concept island science quality analysis note later university subject worth increase increasingly match term military mine interesting explanation announce set sign bedroom cabinet restaurant seat race relief chemical total sight separate combination few individual length judge note move none promise after minute lot yes reduction support car