Jon Gosselin: 'I Despise Kate'

He didn't mince words in his GMA interview.

jon cant stand kate gosselin

Jon Gosselin appeared on "Good Morning America" this morning to tell HIS side of the story. In a no-holds-barred interview, he comes clean about his feelings for his soon-to-be ex. He says the animosity between them has grown so strong, they now shoot "Jon and Kate Plus 8" separately.

"We film it separately," Gosselin said. "She has her film crew. And I have my film crew. But I can't sit on the sofa with that woman. I can't sit [with] someone right now that I despise."

Whoa!

"I despise [her] because she's not speaking from the heart," he said. "Please -- the stuff you tell me in private should be the stuff you tell me on TV. Our relationship will never be fixed. I think down the road we might be friends, but at this point in time, I don't think so."

Does Jon still love Kate? "I will always love Kate as the mother of my kids. But to tell you right now, at this point of what's going on, I do not love Kate."

In response, Kate Gosselin gave the following statement to ABC News:

"While I certainly have a very different perception of how our marriage dissolved, for the sake of my children I maintain that I'm not going to go into details of aspects I believe should remain private," Kate Gosselin said in the statement.

Jon Gosselin also maintains he didn't cheat on Kate.

"I didn't leave Kate for Hailey. People think I left Kate for Hailey ... because of the time frame and what they printed in the tabloids," Gosselin said. "You can't control who you love. I strongly believe that. You cannot control that. It's two people joined together."

Gosselin says Glassman is the "polar opposite of Kate."

"I get encouragement from her, I get respect from her. Two things that a man needs," he says. "This is someone, I mean, like soul mate -- like people joke about that. But I'm not joking about that."

He says he's in love.

"I have so much to lose ... in this situation," Gosselin told GMA's Chris Cuomo. "I could lose custody, I could lose my kids, I could lose -- but I feel like with [Glassman] that I'm not going to lose them. It's just going to get better."

Does Jon think Kate is or was involved with her bodyguard?

"I speculate, but I don't know -- that's a general feel. You know, almost like when they were traveling together, I felt jealous," he said. "Here, I'm Mr. Mom. And then there's some other guy traveling with my wife. Whether it's protection or not, it's all in -- it's in the back of my mind."

Jon also says he fully realizes what the public majority thinks of him right now.

"It's just like the change from America's favorite dad to dirtbag. Tomorrow I could be maybe ... America's favorite dad again. It could be after this interview. I don't know," he said. "Whatever they want to write, let them write it. They're going to write it anyway. I've learned that lesson."

Watch more on "Primetime: Family Secrets," at 10 PM ET.

Does this interview make you feel any more sympathy for Jon Gosselin?

15 Things about Jon and Kate

#1

The couple met at a picnic in 1997; they were married two years later.

#2

Kate is two years older than Jon.

#3

Kate was born in Hershey, Pennsylvania, at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the same hospital where she would give birth to her own children.

#4

Jon is of French, Irish, and Korean descent. His mother was born and raised in Hawaii.

#5

Kate sought fertility treatment after she was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

#6

In the beginning, Kate was pregnant with septuplets, not sextuplets, but one of the fetuses was lost prior to delivery.

#7

The sextuplets were born premature at 30 weeks.

#8

The Gosselin family's first television appearance was on the Discovery Health Channel in 2005, on a show called "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins."

#9

A year later, they were featured in another special, entitled "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins: One Year Later." Eventually the title was changed to "Jon and Kate Plus 8," and the show moved to the TLC channel in 2008.

#10

In order for the crew to film "Jon and Kate Plus 8," they had to install permanent studio light fixtures in the Gosselin's home.

#11

Kate got her tummy tuck in 2006.

#12

It's estimated that the family receives $25,000 to $50,000 per episode.

#13

Jon and Kate filed for divorce on June 20, 2009.

#14

Jon has reportedly dated two women since the breakdown of his marriage: 23-year-old teacher Deanna Hummel, and most recently, Hailey Glassman, the daughter of the plastic surgeon who performed Kate's tummy tuck.

#15

Jon and Kate's child custody agreement allegedly says their eight children will remain in their Pennsylvania home, and the two of them will move back and forth, rather than uproot the children.

next: Why Are Girls Getting Their Periods So Early?
Momof2 September 9, 2009, 3:48 PM

Corey-
We are not talking about “abuse” of a minor or of someone physically inferior here. We are talking about a GROWN man who chose to have 8 children with a woman he supposedly loved. He also chose to let her run a household with 8 kids in it; and boy did she! He could have asserted himself a long, long time ago and given this a real try at success. But no, he chose to tolerate it until it became; yes, intolerable. Now he is choosing to stand up for himself in the most humiliating and public way of all. This is the saddest part of it. I would expect if the tables were reversed and Kate, or any other woman for that matter, was the one being “abused” that she assert herself or NOT whine about it either. I would feel no different if she were the one allowing herself to be belittled. We are not talking physical abuse here, that is a whole other ball of wax!

Corey September 9, 2009, 7:09 PM

Emotional and mental abuse can be as hard to get away from as physical abuse, and you do not have to be physically inferior to be a victim. So he let her run things, there is always one spouse in a relationship that assumes more control in the daily running of things then the other but that does not give that person the right to belittle and demean the other.(abuse them) As in most cases of abuse when the abuser is confronted with losing their power over the other they use other means of keeping that person under their thumb such as the kids or marriage. So he wasn’t strong enough in the beginning, but now that he is we should put him down for it??? I think the double standard that people are showing about this is really wrong.

tx September 9, 2009, 7:39 PM

Jon I don’t know how he stuck around so long. Kate is a real _itch.I commend you for staying as long as you did for your kids.Kate is just milking it for all that she can.

Amy September 9, 2009, 8:36 PM

Even thought I don’t think Jon should have stated how he really felt about the mother of his children on National Television, I am still on his side about a lot of things. I do feel that Kate pushed him into this because of the way she’s always belittled him (we all know how she treated him while the camera’s were rolling- could you imagine how she was when they were off?!?) I know he loves his kids and will be there for them, but he is just going through a phase right now- being with someone who treats and talks to him like a human and not a pet as Kate apparently has throughout their relationship, and still to this day I’m sure. I think everyone should leave Jon alone and start focusing on the MONEY HUNGRY, SELF ABSORBED KATE for once!

Deb September 12, 2009, 3:03 AM

I would like to say for the woman whom putting Kate down because she nagged her husband. I seen couples that are not in the media and they do much worse fighting so called regular non in the public eye people. So she nagged so what every co-worker and friend and family i’ve known fought and have done worse and they stayed together. The difference is simply this man realized he didn’t want that life and it’s not Kate’s fault because he couldn’t stick it out. About the money hungry comment do you know how much one ,two, or three children to support costs well if you did the math you wouldn’t make a cruel comment saying Kate took the opportunity she did oh yeah Jon agreed to it too by the way. If the gossip people and hatred over people we don’t really know would happen then there situation might have been a more happier one. To all who listen to gossip and believe it and assumes they known strangers thru that media choice then shame on you. We live in a would that people enjoy knocking people down and a people who believe in gossip what a shame. Sick world put the gossip magazines down and fix your life first before making or passing judgement on others esp. ones thru a t.v. screen or media of any type. Live your life and stop being cruel just to make yourself feel validated because honestly we know our friends, family, maybe co-worker but we don’t know those in a media based situation. Ride a bike, climb a mountain, or hug anyone family etc. Do something other than hating someone you dont really know.

Charmaine Hayes September 16, 2009, 7:44 AM

These two need to get a real job, who really cares about them. Its just sad that they have 8 children that I’m sure will suffer from all of this drama.

YoYo October 1, 2009, 7:46 AM

Did you notice he is now talking like a teenager or a young twenty year old? It’s like… like… like… Oh boy someone wants to be a twenty something year old again without responsibilities. Too late Jon, Grow up Jon!

Mia October 9, 2009, 10:54 AM

To ALL the masoginistic females in this forum, did none of you see the show? Kate and her emasculating Jon? Constantly in front of a camera crew. She made one of her tiny children sleep on the laundry room floor when he had the flu. Who does this? This is the same women most of you are defending. She is a full blown harpie! Contact me directly and I will still defend this guy. He did not deserve her lazy me me me attitude. No one does. Maybe those of you in here who hate him,treated your man the same way and they left too.Take a lesson from being nasty.

Mia October 9, 2009, 10:58 AM

I stopped watching after seeing Kate emasculate her “partner” all of you who say Jon should not have said anything negative about his “partner”. What about what she has done on that show every single week treating that man like one of her litter. She complained how much she did not like doing laundry,then it turned out,she did not do laundry,she only FOLDS the laundry. SHE IS A LAZY COMPLINING HARPIE!!!!!!!

Joyce October 9, 2009, 11:39 AM

I read where someone wanted to tell Jon to shut his trap. There are two side to a relationship and I haven’t heard anyone tell Kate she need to shut her trap as well. Because on some of her shows she didn’t seem to be so nice.

disney world vacation rentals January 12, 2011, 4:22 PM