Jon: 'I Love Hailey More Than I Loved Kate'

The dad of eight says the unthinkable to ABC's Chris Cuomo.

jon cant stand kate gosselin
Jon Gosselin is at it again in part two of his "Good Morning America" interview. Yesterday, he said that he "despises" Kate. This morning, the diarrhea of the mouth continues as he publicly admits that he feels like he loves 22-year-old Hailey Glassman more than he ever loved Kate.

Whoa.

Why would he say this about the mother of his children?

He also says he has a $22,000 therapy bill but that Kate refused to go to counseling.

What do you think of Jon Gosselin now?

next: Go with the Flow
MarMar September 9, 2009, 6:52 AM

Going to therapy is a good step. Next step: Buying a Jon-sized muzzle. And using it. Jon, please, you gotta STHU!!!!

Jill September 9, 2009, 7:25 AM

I watched the interview… he came off as flippant, arrogant and self-righteous. Whoever was coaching him did not do a good job.

Betsy September 9, 2009, 7:30 AM

Jon clearly HATES Kate more than he LOVES his children. Jon wants revenge.He wants to embarrass and demoralize Kate to the point he was by Kate.Everytime Jon takes a shot at Kate or a shot of alcohol,it only relieves his pain momentarily. When he wakes up the next day,he feels worse than the day he took the shot, because nothing has gotten better only worse.Jon is his own worst enemy.He needs the wisdom and guidance of an experienced therapist to help lead him out of this dark place he’s stuck in.Jon doesn’t even know what love is.Instant gratification does not equal “love” Jon!

Anonymous September 9, 2009, 8:23 AM

What an idoit! He needs to love his children more than he hates his ex-wife.

Anonymous September 9, 2009, 9:22 AM

I thought the interview was interesting. There are always two sides to every story, and Jon just wanted to explain his side. Sure, some of the things he said were an unfortunate choice of words, but I think he was speaking from his heart (as it is right now). I have always felt that Kate is controlling and a bit manipulative, so it was good to see another perspective on their situation. I truly don’t think Kate is the victim she tries to portray herself to be.

steph September 9, 2009, 9:57 AM

I also saw the interview..and thought he really divulged more info than he should have. It seemed he let his guard down a little too much. The whole time i was thinking…uh you may regret this interview when your head is clear from the divorce. And it did seem he was really focused on his own needs and telling his side about Kate. The kids..well they did not seem to be the main priority right now as evidence of his talk about his ex wife and new girlfriend. I just feel sorry for their kids..and am hoping we do not see their children in the future on the tabloids self medicating with alcohol or whatever..because divorce is hard enough on children but this is getting way too public..they dont have to reveal certain things. Tone it down John..think of your children and their future..and some respect for the mother of your children no matter how the relationship was.

Duncan September 9, 2009, 10:14 AM

He’s nothing but an I****
HE’s ‘sick’ now….
Suffering from ‘verbal diarrhea’ !!!
I feel sorry for his kids…

Anonymous September 9, 2009, 10:43 AM

I think they’re both idiots. They BOTH need to start thinking more about the children’s best interest and STOP bad mouthing each other.

Chrissy September 9, 2009, 10:58 AM

John stated what we all saw on the show - Kate beat him down.
And as we all saw Kate wants things her way all the time and freaks out f it’s not exactly the way she wants it.
Even withut eight kids I suspect that is Kate’s nature.
After all she knew her marriage was in trouble and refused to go to theraphy with John.
Yes he shouldn’t ahve said despised Kate but overall there wasn’t anything surprising he said. We saw it all on tv.
At elast John owned by to his own passivity in the relationship.

angelface46 September 9, 2009, 1:26 PM

This whole situation is truly sad and it will eventually to sadness for the children once they are able to read about all of this. Jon is airing his anger and getting back at his ex, which is sometimes a normal part of divorce, but words can never be taken back, and some people remain bitter all of their lives from a divorce, however, there are children here that must be taken care of and they will eventually be the ones who will hurt the most from all of this. I believe that Jon does not know what true love is, and if he took a good look at Hailey he would see that her relationships have not been good, and she will never be a substitute mother for these children, nor be able to fully comprehend or cope with raising so many children with Jon. She is young and enjoys the spotlight, and sees all of this as an exciting trip. She is a party girl with a questionable past..you just don’t change overnight and become Ms. clean and squeaky after the way she has lived her life. Jon is seeking instant gratification from this person. I believe Jon has never fully grown up, and Kate was more or less a “mother” figure to him and had more maturity and reasoning. This marriage would never have worked for Jon, and he would have strayed from Kate even if they had stayed together. It is shameful, however, for him to say he loves Hailey more than he ever did Kate..that is just plain cruel, but many men have said the same thing..it happened to me too.

jo September 9, 2009, 3:53 PM

he can say whatever he wants who gives a sh*t! this is the real world!

Golf Clubs September 14, 2010, 10:38 AM

In related news, Gatorade recently broke its sponsorship agreement with Tiger Woods along with dropping the saying, “Is it in you?” Nike will keep Tiger as a spokesman and stay with the slogan, “Just do it.”

Fashion Design October 1, 2010, 4:47 AM

Hello from the fashion industry, I genuinely recognize the perform you’ve done in this report, it was a excellent read. I’ve often been in appreciate with fashion all my life so I’ve developed a discussion board for business specialists to come collectively and discuss all things fashion. I am grateful to come across this post.